Sheiko Log

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks to DT and POB I've decided to give Sheiko #29 a try. After a move to another state and several DNP runs my strength decreased but I'm at a much lower bf% now. Please take it easy on me, I'm by far not as strong as most peeps here, but my heart is at the right place.

Stats:
Weight: 186
Height: 5'9
BF: 15% ish

1RM:
Squat: 315
Bench: 275
Deadlift: 365

Going to do 4 weeks of the Sheiko #29 program. I'm started today so hopefully I will be able to get the only Hammer Strength Squat Rack at my gym on Monday without waiting forever..I'll hope to be able to post after every work out, but depending on work and family I might have to resort to weekly updates. Since I'm keeping track with excel and entering actuals vs. program I can see how much I deviate % wise from the program.

Sheiko Day 1.png

Notes: Bench Press seemed fairly easy, I might have to add 10lbs to the 1RM I'll wait a week to decided. Squats were killing me after only 4 sets...But I tanked through. Feels good. Didn't do the good mornings as I did my regular back workout yesterday...

Thanks again for bringing this program to my attention, too long have I just 'freestyled' my way around the gym.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks to DT and POB I've decided to give Sheiko #29 a try. After a move to another state and several DNP runs my strength decreased but I'm at a much lower bf% now. Please take it easy on me, I'm by far not as strong as most peeps here, but my heart is at the right place.

Stats:
Weight: 186
Height: 5'9
BF: 15% ish

1RM:
Squat: 315
Bench: 275
Deadlift: 365

Going to do 4 weeks of the Sheiko #29 program. I'm started today so hopefully I will be able to get the only Hammer Strength Squat Rack at my gym on Monday without waiting forever..I'll hope to be able to post after every work out, but depending on work and family I might have to resort to weekly updates. Since I'm keeping track with excel and entering actuals vs. program I can see how much I deviate % wise from the program.

View attachment 626

Notes: Bench Press seemed fairly easy, I might have to add 10lbs to the 1RM I'll wait a week to decided. Squats were killing me after only 4 sets...But I tanked through. Feels good. Didn't do the good mornings as I did my regular back workout yesterday...

Thanks again for bringing this program to my attention, too long have I just 'freestyled' my way around the gym.

You don't deviate from the program so there should be NO DEVIATION RECORDED. The work is supposed to be brutal. You won't want to finish. But you do. Its four weeks. 12 training days... That's it. And Dtownry ran it back to back.

The chances of your 1RM's being accurate is small. So up the bench by 10lbs now, don't waste another week. Don't skip goodmornings either. I don't care if you had a back day. The GM's will add to your ability to pull and squat.

Read my signature here...

Now get back in there Monday and kill this shit. I don't want to see excuses. We're here for results. You can handle this, and when you get through it, it will change your outlook on training forever.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
and that's why i love POB. It's going to happen - upping the 1RM max for bench. Squats f*cking hurt man. I don't do those pussy squats either, all the way down is how I roll. Appreciate the support bud

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
NICE IM SUBBING THIS THREAD as im not really that strong at all either and have researched this way of lifting as well.... And eventually want to transition to this as well! Def looking forward to see how u do man!

And yes thank u POB for also introducing me to this! Appreciate it

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Judging from this one workout shoulders will be tested to the fullest with all those Bench Presses.

I used to train with Mike Brown, not sure if anyone heard of him here, but we did a similar workout only focusing on Military Presses, deads, squats, and bench. Not as structured and way less sets.

This should be good. I'll give it all I got. Now I'll hear Pob's voice in my head when I need to push through. :)

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
PoB, for someone wanting to put on size and scale pounds, that would be running 1gram of test a week, that will be eating everything in site....

is this the style of training that's right for those goals?

or would a traditional 2x per week BB split yield better results?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
PoB, for someone wanting to put on size and scale pounds, that would be running 1gram of test a week, that will be eating everything in site....

is this the style of training that's right for those goals?

or would a traditional 2x per week BB split yield better results?

The volume of the program and the high percentages of weights used you will absolutely put on size.

It will drive your appetite up quite a bit too.

I put on ridiculous size in one month from this program. And every time I run it I just keep getting more betterer.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm wanna get "betterer" too, I Definitely want to do this program.

where do I start?

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I found an .xls file online, not sure what to do with it or if its even the right one.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can email the spreadsheet to anyone that needs it...

Sam if you do it, log it.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pob, did the spreadsheet I'm using look accurate to you, ie. Nothing wrong with it? I also have other Russian training templates I'm happy to share.. a sticky with different training templates would be cool.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pob, did the spreadsheet I'm using look accurate to you, ie. Nothing wrong with it? I also have other Russian training templates I'm happy to share.. a sticky with different training templates would be cool.

Yup. Looks right.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can email the spreadsheet to anyone that needs it...

Sam if you do it, log it.

ill try big guy, but i'm eating chicken right now while shitting at the toilet with my laptop gettin my Si on. i'm a busy man, but ill see what i can do

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
is there seriously 12 sets of benching on day 5??? or am I reading this spreadsheet wrong

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes 12 sets.

459.gif

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Update: Legs are in some pain today. Had my little one jumping on me and it felt like charley horses. usually im sore two days after.. tomorrow lunges will be interesting.. no pain no gain they say

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Week 1 Day Three:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv9myvmchb7jc2z/sheiko week1 day3.png

Notes: Never done deadlift to knees before. Felt good until the the 75% level it became apparent Sheiko knows his shit. It's been quite a while since I had the feeling of completness and physical exhaustion. I left the gym dripping sweat.
This is a no BS program and I recommend this to my fellow SI bros. 4 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

For Inclines I did 4x6x185
For Dips added 45lbs plate
For Lunges I used 45lbs (suprisingly the pain from Week1Day1 disappeared after a few sets of Deadlifts)
Abs.. I never do Abs so just did a machine for 3x10x95lbs (when I went to get a drink of water my abs cramped up - hurt like a mofo)

Nothing else to report besides that Anytime Fitness sucks balls, not having two boxes, and only one f*cking power rack with one barbell only. Suckas got me for a year, but I'm the one to blame for not reading the cancellation policy closer. I was under the impression I can cancel anytime with 30days notice paying $50 fee..