Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Elite ken Sass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,054
    Thanks
    1,182
    Thanked 565 Times in 334 Posts

    tren for the older lifter

    this is my opinion and experience, you will react differently.
    a old man told me that tren A, is not a feel good drug, and i have to agree, their were days i felt like i could lift the gym, but the longer this run has gone the more lethargic i have felt, everything has gotten to be a effort, this run has been 7 weeks 50 mg eod weekends off, the last couple of days i have noticed a tightness in my chest, kinda like a Asthma attack and at my age any chest issues get your attention. my blood pressure has gone up from 110 or 120 to 130 or 140. i have had mild night sweats and insomnia. on the positive side i have noticed fat loss muscle gain and strength gain. would i recommend it for a older lifter? if you have excellent blood pressure, work your cardio, and have the ability to walk away when it's time i would say yes, will i run it again? depends on how long it takes to shake this lethargic feeling and the other sides, i know i will only run it in short cycles.

  2. #2
    Elite
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    I sweat like a MF right now but feel amazing. I'm only in my early/mid 30's. 75mg Test Ace EOD, 100mg Tren Ace EOD, and 100mg Var ED. Weight is increasing faster than it ever has. BP is slightly elevated but not high yet.

  3. #3
    Elite PFM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    2,869
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 728 Times in 348 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    Originally Posted by ken Sass View Post
    this is my opinion and experience, you will react differently.
    a old man told me that tren A, is not a feel good drug, and i have to agree, their were days i felt like i could lift the gym, but the longer this run has gone the more lethargic i have felt, everything has gotten to be a effort, this run has been 7 weeks 50 mg eod weekends off, the last couple of days i have noticed a tightness in my chest, kinda like a Asthma attack and at my age any chest issues get your attention. my blood pressure has gone up from 110 or 120 to 130 or 140. i have had mild night sweats and insomnia. on the positive side i have noticed fat loss muscle gain and strength gain. would i recommend it for a older lifter? if you have excellent blood pressure, work your cardio, and have the ability to walk away when it's time i would say yes, will i run it again? depends on how long it takes to shake this lethargic feeling and the other sides, i know i will only run it in short cycles.
    Time to take your results and get off the Train. Don't make me the only guy here over 100 years old.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

  4. #4
    Senior Moderator NbleSavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10,974
    Thanks
    19,278
    Thanked 9,831 Times in 4,909 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    PFM has it right: cash-out for now and catch that train again in a few months when your baselines are back to good.

  5. #5
    Elite ken Sass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,054
    Thanks
    1,182
    Thanked 565 Times in 334 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    Time to take your results and get off the Train. Don't make me the only guy here over 100 years old.
    allready off lol i aint going anywhere

  6. #6
    Senior Member JM750's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lost in Assachusetts
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    I'm 49 and I was banging tren a for 12 week stretch doing about 700mg a week. It caught up to me. There were days I was so lethargic, I couldn't get out of bed.
    I had to drop it. Been good ever since. I love tren but I think I was running it a bit too high.

  7. #7
    Elite ken Sass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,054
    Thanks
    1,182
    Thanked 565 Times in 334 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    i am very sensitive to compounds still and don't require large amounts, i imagine that will change a little with time

  8. #8
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    Originally Posted by ken Sass View Post
    i am very sensitive to compounds still and don't require large amounts, i imagine that will change a little with time
    I wish I had that problem.

  9. #9
    Elite Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,573
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 595 Times in 283 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    Ken...WTF....tightness in your chest?!?! Cmon man.....your old ass is too old for that shit.....it aint worth it bro...and I definitely dont want PFM being the only old **** on SI...that would be awful

  10. #10
    Senior Member ripped_one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    Im not going to lie I am having a hard time even thinking about coming off... I need to but damn I dont wanna.

  11. #11
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 779 Times in 531 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    Originally Posted by JM750 View Post
    I'm 49 and I was banging tren a for 12 week stretch doing about 700mg a week. It caught up to me. There were days I was so lethargic, I couldn't get out of bed.
    I had to drop it. Been good ever since. I love tren but I think I was running it a bit too high.
    Same thing happens to me with high doses of tren

    And I'm only 26

  12. #12
    Elite FreeBirdSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sooner State
    Posts
    782
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 193 Times in 106 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    I've tried a couple different lab's tren. I noticed a huge difference in both these as far as how potent one was compared to the other. My advice, lower your dose next time and work up to the sides. then back off until you're comfortable. 700mg per week of GOOD tren would kill me, but may be just right for someone else. 350mg per week was too much for me the last time. backed down to about 250mg and still made great gains.

    no, at 28 I don't recommend it for anyone my age unless they can tolerate the sides.

    -Sam

  13. #13
    Elite ken Sass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,054
    Thanks
    1,182
    Thanked 565 Times in 334 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Ken...WTF....tightness in your chest?!?! Cmon man.....your old ass is too old for that shit.....it aint worth it bro...and I definitely dont want PFM being the only old **** on SI...that would be awful
    it's ok pops, 3 days off and problems have gone away, moved 300 bails of hay yesterday with no problems, bp back to normal.. i love you too

  14. #14
    Member creekrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts

    Re: tren for the older lifter

    get on the primo kenny

Similar Threads

  1. Training for the older guy
    By stonetag in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 04:10 PM
  2. power lifter not!!
    By ken Sass in forum Powerlifting Training Methods
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 08:27 PM
  3. Begginner weight lifter, trying to get it right !
    By SAM302 in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-29-2013, 09:59 PM
  4. helping an older gent with TRT
    By gymrat827 in forum Testosterone and Hormone Replacement Therapy
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 06:12 AM
  5. never be a weight lifter
    By Malevolence in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 08:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •