I snapped...not proud of it.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Today I finally snapped at the gym. I don't know why I am writing this, maybe because you are the only people I can talk to about this type of stuff.

I was finishing up my workout with some close grip bench. A kid I have seen before sat down on the bench next to me, loaded it up with 225 and barely pushed a couple full reps out. About ten minutes later I look over and he has 275 on there and doing 1/4 reps, almost drops it on himself after he struggles to lockout. I was waiting for him to drop it on his head. Soon after, he asks another guy for a spot. Now I the guy he asked drives me nuts. He is about 5'-3", always wears a cut off and pants, is puffy and weak as hell though he thinks he is some kind of bodybuilder. He loads plates on bars and does the same shit as his buddy.

Now the kid loads 305 on the bar and I had it. I look over and say "Are you seriously adding fucking weight to that bar when you couldn't even do the last set?" His buddy intervenes and actually has to TRANSLATE for this other fucker fooling himself on the bench. The little 5'-3" starts giving me lip, I just put my headphones in laugh and knock out my last set. When I am done he says to me "BRO it's none of your fucking business, he can do whatever he wants" "who are you, you ain't shit".

OH FUCK. I walk up to him and say "1st I ain't your fucking bro you little fuck", "Second, you are a fucking disgrace to everyone who actually busts their ass in the gym." "Last get some shorts and a shirt with sleeves." He starts talking shit and I say whatever and walk away. He mad dogs me the rest of the day.

I am not proud of this at all. I am actually very disappointed in myself for acting like that. Something just came over me and I didn't even give a fuck, like it just came out of my mouth. I guess writing is a way to vent and repent. Anyway thanks for letting me do so.

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hero swole had a similar problem with a male model, maybe he could share his story with you. It happens to everyone, good thing you didn't knock him out tho.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you have a good heart my man. Your intentions were right. They talked back when they had no business to do so. They're nothing but little insects. It's ok you snapped they deserved it.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It happens man. I see it everyday too. I just keep saying to myself let those dumb fucks work out for years and never change thier appierance or max wieght. I forgive u dt, go on with ur life.

JM750

Reaction score
I dont blame you. Fucking retards everywhere.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
it happens, we tend to be be type a, driven people and we do not suffer fools easily, also you ight have saved the little retards life

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am disappointed in you too.
You let that pussy off too easy for talkin shit.

You should have told the squirt under the bar that you would help him sometime and teach him proper form if he ever desired to learn.
All he would have to do is ask.

fuck mighty mouth.

I've told plenty of guys in the gym about their form.
Im always looking for pointers.
I try to help the younger guys, so they progress faster than I did.

Instead of magazines focusing on the bullshit they are preaching to sell trying to make a buck.
They should be spending those pages showing various views of pictures including range of motion, proper form. lock out etc.
Instead they focus on bullshit diets enhanced training protocols and various supps which do not work.

Hate seeing other people walking down that road.
Fuck that guy.
I wish I was there.
Fuckin pussy. little bitch.

help the kid if you can man.
he won't know any better until he is showed.
Trust me some of the younger guys just dont know.
They really don't.
Think about all of the guys they see.
They want to fit in.
Be strong.
They want to be badass too.

You should have thrown a 45 plate at the fucks head.
Teach him to open his mouth.

LOL
Sorry guys. Right or wrong this is just how I feel about this.
I'm not alone I see a few guys trying to teach form in the gym, errr "club".
Yea.
No tren for me.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do I get any credit for possibly turning you into some sort of heavy lifting, volume crushing, noobtard smashing monster?

After the training you have been putting in you get to say whatever you want.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am disappointed in you too.
You let that pussy off too easy for talkin shit.

You should have told the squirt under the bar that you would help him sometime and teach him proper form if he ever desired to learn.
All he would have to do is ask.

fuck mighty mouth.

I've told plenty of guys in the gym about their form.
Im always looking for pointers.
I try to help the younger guys, so they progress faster than I did.

Instead of magazines focusing on the bullshit they are preaching to sell trying to make a buck.
They should be spending those pages showing various views of pictures including range of motion, proper form. lock out etc.
Instead they focus on bullshit diets enhanced training protocols and various supps which do not work.

Hate seeing other people walking down that road.
Fuck that guy.
I wish I was there.
Fuckin pussy. little bitch.

help the kid if you can man.
he won't know any better until he is showed.
Trust me some of the younger guys just dont know.
They really don't.
Think about all of the guys they see.
They want to fit in.
Be strong.
They want to be badass too.

You should have thrown a 45 plate at the fucks head.
Teach him to open his mouth.

LOL
Sorry guys. Right or wrong this is just how I feel about this.
I'm not alone I see a few guys trying to teach form in the gym, errr "club".
Yea.
No tren for me.

Dead on. Awesome post.

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You didnt grow your beard thats why. Spartan style.

Happens all the time mate. Young blokes nowadays dont even listen to advice. They gwt it all off the internetz.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I honestly would have probably laughed until I cried.

Getting tough with wannabe tough guys encourages them. Laugh your ass of shake your head and say something like "you're a funny little motherfucker aren't you?" And go about your business. It'll drive him batshit crazy.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ya i wouldnt waste my time with little kids

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Things happen brother ,fk them.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You were just being helpful.... snapping is going up side his head with a 10lb plate imo.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When the Student is ready, the Teacher will appear.

This kid ain't ready. Good on ya' for not busting one upside his head and doing jail time.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If this is the kind of shit that happens to you in your head all the time but you don't act on it Idk what to tell yah, How ever if its completely out of character for you, I would say you need a deload week.

I am always fired up to get in the gym. The first one to help out anyone, wait patiently while tommy tiny gunz finishes his curls in the squat rack . I really dont give a fuck about anyone but myself

How ever if I notice that shit is starting to erk me that I want to lash out everything starts to suffer. I am not focused on my lifts b/c I am worried about that skinny fuck hogging the only rack in the gym .

Just like your muscle your CNS is also effected by heavy lifting and dare I say the stress of life on top of it . A week of deloading always clears my mind and I always come back to hit some great numbers as I feel completley refreshed on the week back

this is no monster number for some of you but for me I have been trying to hit it for 3 sessions and failed. Deloaded last week , Pulled 495 this week PR:)

good luck man and no worries, Maybe the dude will take the time to think about what you said and fix his form and ego problems

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thats far from snapping. This is the reason my weight pile is outside and I dont have to deal with posers, patrons or staff.

When you snap Downtry, it will be on CNN.

Unfortunately you cannot give advice to some of these retards.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had something similar happen last summer with a little skinny Amercrombie wannabe fuck and his girlfriend that were working out next to me. should be a funny thread about it somewhere. fuck'em!

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I gave up on those idiots a long time ago.

When I do notice that nonsense it just reaffirms my approach to perfect form, total control and full range of motion.

I just tell myself "look at me and look at them".

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had something similar happen last summer with a little skinny Amercrombie wannabe fuck and his girlfriend that were working out next to me. should be a funny thread about it somewhere. fuck'em!

You got it all wrong Dark, he wasn't little or skinny, he just didn't want to get too big.

New Threads