Top 5 Bodybuilders of All Time

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of a prominent BB that used synthol to enhance at a show? Only one I can think of was Jay Cutler when he tore his bicep.

Does Ken's Ass or ken Sass count? No way all that is natty.

superman4hire

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of a prominent BB that used synthol to enhance at a show? Only one I can think of was Jay Cutler when he tore his bicep.

I may be hard pressed to support my opinion. I suspect many do. If you are looking for definitive proof, I have none. I'm not a pro, nor do I run in the pro circles. However, I know for a fact (through admittance) several amateur BBs are using. As well, there have been BBs like Nasser commenting about about his colleagues speculating 95% usage (of course some say he is just talking...maybe). To get to the pro level, and with big money on the line, I believe it takes more than just being genetically gifted, and high hormone protocols. I am pretty sure pro level BBs are using every available tool in their arsenal...including synthol. Why wouldn't they if armatures are even using? I'm sure it's not excessive usage...but lagging body-parts, injuries???

superman4hire

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous is when even amateurs are using. It's very suspect that pros are using too.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Nasser having his friend squeeze out synthol that got infected.
ae1rab.jpg

Flex looking syntholed out
62078d1367780378-pmma-what-do-we-know-flex_wheeler_122.jpg

IMO, Arnold is the best bodybuilder in the world. Noone can touch him. Before he came around people who worked out were viewed as depressed narsassitic rejects, who only did it to feel better about themselves. With out Arnold we would not have any of gyms we have today and bbing would still be looked the at the same way. Look at the fitness industry boom after Arnold was done competeing in the 80's.

As for who was the best bber physique wise, that's personal preference, so the only fair way to judge is to look at what the individual did for the sport.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
x2 on Aaahnold. We owe much of what we have today to him.

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Right there with you rise. Ahnold even though hes not that high on my list.

I am a depressed narcissistic reject. Lol

oldschool67

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
#1- arnold..the pioneer
#2- sergio..brutal size and tight waist
#3- ronnie..just plain brutal
#4-platz..brought squats back to the table.awesome
#5-fox..might be a murderer, but in his prime, he was a mass freak with the strength to back it.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
#1- arnold..the pioneer
#2- sergio..brutal size and tight waist
#3- ronnie..just plain brutal
#4-platz..brought squats back to the table.awesome
#5-fox..might be a murderer, but in his prime, he was a mass freak with the strength to back it.

Oldschool I never heard of fox whos that

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One thing I respect about the older bb's is not so much synthol. Usage these days is ridiculous.

That's because bodybuilders back in the old days didn't have access to all the drugs we do today asshole.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I may be hard pressed to support my opinion. I suspect many do. If you are looking for definitive proof, I have none. I'm not a pro, nor do I run in the pro circles. However, I know for a fact (through admittance) several amateur BBs are using. As well, there have been BBs like Nasser commenting about about his colleagues speculating 95% usage (of course some say he is just talking...maybe). To get to the pro level, and with big money on the line, I believe it takes more than just being genetically gifted, and high hormone protocols. I am pretty sure pro level BBs are using every available tool in their arsenal...including synthol. Why wouldn't they if armatures are even using? I'm sure it's not excessive usage...but lagging body-parts, injuries???

I suspect they use too, I don't see a problem with it. They're not using in the way you see the synthol idiots with 35 inch arms using it.

Insulin and GH are what really separate today's body builders from yesteryears.

You're from Meso correct? Good to see you here. I enjoyed a particular thread over there from a thai company. Nice work.

superman4hire

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree, and suspect that insulin and GH are the main compounds largely separating today's body builders.

Also per your question, yes I'm at Meso, but recently have been more active on some of the other boards.

Btw, appreciate your comments. Thanks bro.

Reaction score
That's a great list. I would take Cutler off and put Vince Taylor on. Otherwise those are my picks too.

Get Some

Reaction score
My top 5

Dorian Yates (I like the freaks)
Tom Platz
Jada SI Future Pro
Arnold
Jay Cutler - say what you want about him but he treats his fans like gold. From MA too so he's my homeboy.

No Sergio??!?!

Get Some

Reaction score

I would suspect nearly all of them use synthol in one way or another... we know just about every black guy uses synthol at least in the calves as they naturally sit high. If you do synthol right it can produce good benefits. Really get it down underneath the muscle and don't overdo the frequency. I really think most of them use it in the offseason bulking to stretch the fibers. Not many use it right before competition as the smooth look is not desirable

Reaction score
"yea buddy"..."light weight"...."ain't nuttin to it but to do it".."everybody wanna be a bodybuilder"..."you have got to earn this"...."it will not be given to you"....