Thanks

why do i keep pulling muscles and not healing?

I dont know whats going on lately as the title says i keep pulling muscles or something. Perfect example, some how while i was doing chest on the hammer machine i pulled something in my neck. Felt like when you sleep ****ed up and your neck has that twinge.. It felt like that, so i stretched it out a bit and continued with lighter weight.. Today a week later i can still feel it........ I only went to the gym once during the week to do legs since im realizing im not healing...

a month ago maybe longer i pulled something in my forearm and now doing any work that involves the bicep on my right arm is killing me.. I thought i was over training but im getting plenty of down time since im trying to figure this out. I dont sleep well which i know is a problem but would it cause this much of an issue??

If feel like after i turned 34 my body is trying to make me stop....... I dont wanna stop lifting! But all these pains are adding up and making me think i should stop for a bit. Im just affraid if i stop i wont wanna get back into it.................

This might be a dumb question but for me so far i have been on HRT for 2yrs and mostly i have been feeling good just lately in the last few months it seems that i cant heal like i used to even a yr ago... Can being on T for a certain amount of time like this effect your bodies healing?

all my levels are in check and good actually i increased my T to see if it would help and i havent noticed anything so far.............

anyone have any ideas as to what i can do???

diet wise i eat pretty clean and only eat steak chicken, ground turkey, eggs (lot of eggs) brown rice, potatos, wheat pasta, and veggies.......
    fast food is a minimal thing for me........

as i mentioned ive been taking it easy so i have only been hitting it a couple times a week at this point..... any ideas????
    Stay modivated! You only have this life to make it happen!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,099 Times in 7,789 Posts

Re: why do i keep pulling muscles and not healing?

Don't look to drugs for an answer. You need soft tissue work. Massage, ART, Graston etc... Welcome to your thirties.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

do you stretch prior to working out?
    I dont as my body is hot from labor at my job
    but I do suggest stretches intended to stretch the major muscle groups

and massages to unkink tendon/muscle tightness.

Thanks

Everyone is different I guess. I'm 49 and banging it out 6 days a week with no troubles. **Knock on wood**

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Don't look to drugs for an answer. You need soft tissue work. Massage, ART, Graston etc... Welcome to your thirties.
    Just wait...........30's are nothing compared to 50.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks

Originally Posted by Illtemper View Post
    I dont know whats going on lately as the title says i keep pulling muscles or something. Perfect example, some how while i was doing chest on the hammer machine i pulled something in my neck. Felt like when you sleep ****ed up and your neck has that twinge.. It felt like that, so i stretched it out a bit and continued with lighter weight.. Today a week later i can still feel it........ I only went to the gym once during the week to do legs since im realizing im not healing...

a month ago maybe longer i pulled something in my forearm and now doing any work that involves the bicep on my right arm is killing me.. I thought i was over training but im getting plenty of down time since im trying to figure this out. I dont sleep well which i know is a problem but would it cause this much of an issue??

If feel like after i turned 34 my body is trying to make me stop....... I dont wanna stop lifting! But all these pains are adding up and making me think i should stop for a bit. Im just affraid if i stop i wont wanna get back into it.................

This might be a dumb question but for me so far i have been on HRT for 2yrs and mostly i have been feeling good just lately in the last few months it seems that i cant heal like i used to even a yr ago... Can being on T for a certain amount of time like this effect your bodies healing?

all my levels are in check and good actually i increased my T to see if it would help and i havent noticed anything so far.............

anyone have any ideas as to what i can do???

diet wise i eat pretty clean and only eat steak chicken, ground turkey, eggs (lot of eggs) brown rice, potatos, wheat pasta, and veggies.......
    fast food is a minimal thing for me........

as i mentioned ive been taking it easy so i have only been hitting it a couple times a week at this point..... any ideas????
    I stopped using machines years ago for this very reason. Machines lock you into a movement that is designed for everyone, using free weights and cables allows your own geometry to work, not that of the machine.

I've trained injured or around injuries since I was 19. Over 30 years of little pulls and strains to repairs requiring surgery. You have to change up to adapt.

And yes there come a time when we sinply don't recover as fast, hence over training happens causing these nagging pulls and strains.

Less weight, slower reps/fewer sets for a few weeks of 1/2 your potential training duration is what I would do.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks

Lately I've been doing machines cause I have been working out one arm at a time while doing static hold with the other. Hence causes you to use a lot less weight but the contraction is greater.. Doing this causes you to as I said use less weight but also work slowly.. It's works great and I've been doing this because of these pains. Figure using less weight would be better. So far though I can not get past these pain issues....

Still it seems as if something is off to cause this fatigue/ muscle soreness..
    I've simply never had recouping problems like this before so I don't know what to do... I'm not looking towards drugs as the answer, I was hoping it would help though.....
    Stay modivated! You only have this life to make it happen!

Thanks

I'd jump on the stationary bike for 5 mins prior to every workout. This will get your heart pumping blood throughout your body, and warming up your muscles. My shoulders can be problematic personally, so I usually do a couple of light rotator cuff exercises next. Takes me an extra 7 mins totals (5 on the bike), but well worth it.