silva vs weideman

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
people are talking like this weidman is gonna beat anderson.I call bullshit I never even saw this guy do anything big.Silva will eat him for lunch

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Silva takes this one IMO. Weidman winning requires his getting the fight to the ground, and of course Silva knows this. Silva's takedown defense is decent (but not great) but its the threat of his one-punch KO power that will keep Weidman from turning into Josh Koscheck and from turning this fight into Grappler's Quest.

I expect Silva will keep Weidman at distance with jabs and tepes, and will ultimately connect with a punch (perhaps even a counter-strike / retreating strike as he did against Forrest Griffin) and secure the KO.

Silva may eventually lose a UFC fight, but I don't think it will be this one.

Cheers,

- Savage

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As much as id like someone to beat Silva, I dont think Weidman is the one to do it.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's gonna be a great fight. Weidman has better stand-up than anyone anderson has ever faced, except Vitor, but Weidman is much better/stronger in the clinch so he won't try to stay on the outside like Vitor did... not to mention his ground game is very complete with wrestling and BJJ..

I wouldn't bet against Silva but it's going to be a great fight.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
people are talking like this weidman is gonna beat anderson.I call bullshit I never even saw this guy do anything big.Silva will eat him for lunch
You have to hype a title fight. There isn't IMO a real contender right now.

He could beat Silva but Silva takes this fight 19 times out of 20. I doubt it makes it to championship rounds.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of Silva... but he is the better fighter IMO. I do think you will see some good action but I can see Andy kneeing Weidman in the face a few too many time.

I'll watch this one and the undercard looks pretty entertaining as well...

Respect,
Vette

Uphillclimb

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cant stand Silva but he's clearly the better fighter.....hope its not a boring one

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i will bet on the skinny bald black spider killing machine from Brazil....

Silva wins

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've never been so glad to end up wrong.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
damn i was wrong ..silva got cocky

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
damn i was wrong ..silva got cocky
He wanted to retire 2 years ago and has been dicking around with everyone. Didn't ask for a rematch. Honestly I think he just wanted out.

Not to take anything away from Weidman he did what no one else could.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I never get on a fighter for losing.Its the hardest sport and I respect every fighter...fuckin anderson clowns around to much if he would just attack like before he became a superstar he could have killed weidmen

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I never get on a fighter for losing.Its the hardest sport and I respect every fighter...fuckin anderson clowns around to much if he would just attack like before he became a superstar he could have killed weidmen
That's what happens when you lose your passion for the sport. Either he will reignite or fade away.

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Screw Silva! He got what he deserved! No more burger king sponsor anymore! WEIDMEN!!! :D

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fuck was i wrong

Weideman ko'd Silva.... props to him

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If u wanna make some dough just bet against Bundy Cuzco he can't pick a winner if his life depended on it. Ha