technique

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Been doing my part to help anyone at my gym who will let me and I've noticed a trend. Poor technique when doing their lifts. This is caused by a lot of things. Improper guidance from high school coaches who are ignorant, worried about the weight they're throwing around, etc. When I quit worrying about the number and started focusing on technique I noticed bigger gains faster than ever. One of the biggest roadblocks to using proper technique is the subjects own mind and pride. If they've been using poor technique for any period of time they notice a significant negative effect in the amount of weight they can lift. This is the first thing I tell the people I'm helping. Using proper techniques also greatly diminishes the likelihood of injury

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I couldn't have said it better, creek +1 on ur post. I agree alot of guys get caught up with the numbers but their form is half ass which can result in injury. Ive have never and I mean never put my form at risk. I was watchin a video once of charles glass , ha I found it here it is

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pretty much dumb fucks everywhere doing everything. Not just in the gym.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No one going to learn and makes changes until they are ready. They can go on listening to their 17 year old buddy (after all it's the New Generation that knows everything). The less communication in the gym the better for me.

Now if they would yank those fucking big screens out and turn off the pants down queer shit they call music.

FTW

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pretty much dumb fucks everywhere doing everything. Not just in the gym.

You got that right. Check the average IQ from 1960 and compare it to 2012. Too many dumb people breeding and crossing the boarders for a free ride.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Recently this young guy asked me to spot him on Incline bench. He had to much on the bar, his form, and technique were horrible. I told him this. " are you here to train your chest or your ego? If you wanna work your chest. I will help you, if you want to work your ego, go bother someone else"

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A guy actually asked me to help him squat today...I was more than happy. He said He was thinking about going for 600 I said well lets put 225 on and let me see what you got. Needless to say he was all fucked up. I got him straightened out and he was discouraged a bit because he could barely do 315. He said thank you and that he was glad he asked. Made me feel pretty good actually. A guy in the rack next to us stopped to join in on the class too. I saw him later doing much better as well.

There are some dudes out there that want to do the right thing. I try to lead by example always and in this case it worked.

New Threads