taurine

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me the rundown on it. I've seen people say us 3g for cramps. But I thought that ragtime is what is in energy drinks that is bad for u... and there is only a gram in those. Than for any info.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
dont worry about taking 3g's of it. its not a stim of any kind, guys take a hell of a lot more than 3g sometimes for back/calf pumps.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
OK cool. I always thought it was a stim. def clears that up thanx

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I usually shoot for 3-5 grams pre- workout......... it works not only for "back pumps" but can aid in quite a bit:

(I cut and pasted this so you can see the benefits)

Works as an ion and pH buffer in the heart and skeletal muscles and central nervous system.
Taurine is instrumental in preventing loss of potassium from heart muscle.
Aids in the digestion of fat, soluble vitamins, and the management of cholesterol levels.
Aids electrolyte balance and proper utilization of sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
Improves cell volumization and makes muscles appear larger.
Improves anabolic processes and boosts protein synthesis.

Taurine (2-Aminoethane sulfonic acid) is a conditionally essential free-form amino acid that is the most abundant free amino acid in many tissues and participates in a variety of metabolic processes. Taurine is found at high levels in the heart and skeletal muscle, white blood cells, the central nervous system, and is a building block for all other amino acids.

Taurine is different than most other amino acids because it is not incorporated into proteins but it does play many roles in the body, including bile acid conjugation, detoxification, membrane stabilization, osmoregulation, and modulation of excitatory neurotransmission and intracellular calcium levels. The mean taurine intake in humans is estimated to be around 60 mg daily, but supplementation can far exceed this amount and readily increases taurine levels in many tissues.

JM750

Reaction score
I've used it for muscle cramping and it never did a damn thing for me. They say magnesium will help. Make sure you getting plenty of H2O

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been having issues with my calves. I cannot even flex them without cramping. I have smaller calves so I like to work them a lot. But I haven't been able to work em for about a month. I drink a ton of water and around 20 oz of Gatorade everyday.

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been having issues with my calves. I cannot even flex them without cramping. I have smaller calves so I like to work them a lot. But I haven't been able to work em for about a month. I drink a ton of water and around 20 oz of Gatorade everyday.

What are you running. When i was on tren i had to drink 2 gallons of water a day. If i drank anything less my abs cramped up to the point i couldnt move for a minute or two. And i had a banana in the morning and pre workout.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
indeed i am on tren... but the cramps started about 2 weeks before i started my cycle. im gonna try out some taurine and maybe up my water intake. ive been doing a gallon maybe a gallon and a half a day depending on how much i drink at the gym

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I ran taurine for several months. I could not find any benift....at all. IMO, yet anther snake oil pushed by the miltibilloion dollar supplment industry.

JM750

Reaction score
I never had any bad cramping till I did a 3 month tren run. I would get charlie horse cramps all over. Legs, arms lats! I could never enjoy a nice stretch when I woke up in the morning....

New Threads