Thanks

Remove post from web search?

Fellas,

I need a hand please. I had some legal trouble back in 2011. Went to court and had ALL the charges dismissed, as they were not true. Problem is, the news stations ran the story with false information that they got from the police. I took the advice of my lawyer and joined a bunch of websites such as myspace, facebook, linkedin, etc., which caused most of the stories to get pushed down in a web search. There is one link that continues to remain on the first page. Can anything be done to either remove the story or at the least push it down onto other pages?

Thanks

Re: Remove post from web search?

You can have your lawyer issue a take down request based on the information being untrue and defamatory. Start with a nicely worded letter to the site owner outlining your take down request and the fact that the story is untrue and that you are requesting they take it down to avoid any legal action. If they dont then sue them. If you are out of state then you will have a hard time and as much as i hate to admit it, you may have no option to get the story taken down. I recently had someone we advertised with pull a fast one on us, and because they were in California and we are in Georgia it was just too difficult to sue them.