Thanks

Quick Anti Aging Tip - Hair Dye...

I started going grey at 34 - which made me look way older than i feel.

I discovered hair dye and after a few bad experiences finally found something that works for my hair.

These days its a race between going grey and just going (as in falling out). So i like to dye my hair and then clip it to a number 1 - that way it looks like i have color but im wearing it cropped short. And it makes what i've got show up better! I've tried letting the color go, but then I'm 3/4 grey and it makes me feel older than i am.

Im using Grecian 5 minute color - medium brown - perfect for my hair. I tried Just for Men but the 20 minute process time was a drag, and the color would not take as well as the Grecian. I find i can dye my hair every week or second week and keep it clipped short and it looks reasonable.

So share your hair dye experiences. What works for you and what ended up not working. And who ended up with a crazy color...
    Powered by food, raw ambition, and an awesome woman.

Thanks

Re: Quick Anti Aging Tip - Hair Dye...

heads up....

"Touch of Gray" - Just for men

Comb it in, let it sit 10 minutes, and wash it out.

Looks very natural, and lasts well for a month. I have shorter hair, so one tube can last two months easy

Thanks
    From one female point of view, I think gray is sexy. My husband started turning gray at 30 is is almost completely white now. I wouldn't want him to color it. And, gray hasn't hurt Mark Harmon one bit

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AliCat For This Useful Post:

ken Sass (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,268 Posts
    I'm 29 and have had about 1/3 gray since 24/25.

But my hair is brown/dark oily blonde color. When I put gel/hairspray and or paste in it you can't tell theres gray at all.

When I didn't put stuff in it and saw a few ladies who I kinda know by friends of friends it was lights out. Took off my hat and it was game over.

But I do look younger, so I suppose that is part of it.

So, the gray for me helps. But I understand where some of u gents are coming from where u think u look older than you are.

I think a 50/50 ratio is good, or something close to it.

Depends on the ladies your shooting for too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,868 Times in 951 Posts
    I hate to sound like a Just for Men commercial but when I was dating after my divorce years ago I went on Match with salt and pepper hair and then colored my hair and redid my profile and posted hair and beard pics with solid brown (no grey) my response rate more than doubled, I dated younger ladies, and my closing rate was off the charts higher.

It's one thing to be married and your hubby lets it go, but I can tell you in the real single world people are superficial (men and women). We all start with physical attraction and build from there. It makes no sense to me to spend hundreds of hours in the gym to change our bodies in a positive way and do something as simple as coloring our hair. IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE! That is if you want to look younger, better, and more attractive IMO.

In conclusion, I am going to be like Ronald Reagan and not have a single grey (or white) hair on my head even past 80.
    HRT for life!

Thanks
    I hear you man! I started going grey about 2 years ago. It seems every morning I wake up and find a few more sprouting. It's really a shock to the ego because when you think grey you think old, and I sure as hell don't feel ****in old (besides my bad back). On the up side my wife assures me it's sexy, and says she cant wait til I'm a silver fox! But to be honest, every time I see those ****ers sprouting I want to reach for the dye!

Thanks
    Well, if you do want to go the color route, here's a product you may not know about because it's not marketed to men. Fanciful rinse. I have quite a bit of gray in the front and it's what I use. You can put as much or little as you want and kept the two-tone look to avoid the flat one-color that you can get from regular hair color. And it doesn't damage.

Thanks
    I do mine mid-brown every few months. It's depressing doing it for utility, not fun