Long or Short Ester

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I getting ready for my next cycle.

I am going to run 300mg test, 300mg nandrolone, 300mg mast. My question is what advantage is there in running NPP and Mast P (short esters) over deca and Mast E (long esters). I have been taking Mast P with my trt and love it.

However on cycle it seems like I could reduce the injections (and injection volume) by 50% by using the long esters.

If I go 100 mg route of test prop, NPP, Mast P that's inject M/W/F 3 shots of 3 ML (total of 9 ML's per week).

If I go the 200 mg route of test e, deca, Mast E thats 2 shots per week 4.5 total ML's of injection volume.

I've been on trt for 3 years so I use to the needle.

Are there any advantages to the short esters?

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
short esters work quicker so effects can be felt quicker. long esters are sometimes prefered for less frequent injections but bloods will be up n down most of the cycle.

short esters are sometimes used to maintain stable bloods or more in the users control.

pob will say stable bloods are overrated.

I prefer what ever im looking for in that cycle.
most times long esters are dosed higher then short esters.

if the user is vulnerable to sides from a specific compound. he should consider a short ester in case sides get bad, he can abandon ship

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stable bloods are over rated. :p

The advantage of going with NPP over deca is recovery time. Even if you don't PCT and go to TRT there is a period coming of deca where you just aren't right. It's shorter with NPP.

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For you current cycle. Its not worth it imo. Just stick to long esters.

First of all 3cc 3 days a week its going to give you hella pip. Second, injecting short esters 3x a week is not optimal for short esters (its debatable). Optimum would be ed or oed. Third, its just going to be a pain in the ass and i mean it.

Unless due to logistic you gotta manipulate your cycle to a greater extent. Save your self the trouble.

Short ester means that your testosterone lvls peak quicker.
If you want quicker results you can always frontload for the first week. And reach the desired t level quicker by injecting more of it before they peak naturally. But this is my preference.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How would you guys compare legit Primo e (250/mg) to any of the Nan's......I will admit I suffered a little pip and pussied out a little. I have 10 vials sitting here.....but its hard to imagine 20 weeks of pip like that?

Before the pip attackers even start, yes my estrogen is in check (so don't even go there). And, I don't wear dresses....lol

Braw16

Reaction score
I agree with POB on the npp. If I'm not going to get ready for a show I would run long esters. For me test e and some of the long esters tend to cause me to bloat. Plus I get tired of pinning.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you get more of the compound with short ester, less ester means more room you have for the active chemical. hits quicker and is out quicker

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I getting ready for my next cycle.

I am going to run 300mg test, 300mg nandrolone, 300mg mast. My question is what advantage is there in running NPP and Mast P (short esters) over deca and Mast E (long esters). I have been taking Mast P with my trt and love it.

However on cycle it seems like I could reduce the injections (and injection volume) by 50% by using the long esters.

If I go 100 mg route of test prop, NPP, Mast P that's inject M/W/F 3 shots of 3 ML (total of 9 ML's per week).

If I go the 200 mg route of test e, deca, Mast E thats 2 shots per week 4.5 total ML's of injection volume.

I've been on trt for 3 years so I use to the needle.

Are there any advantages to the short esters?

There are NO advantages to a short ester

ONLY IF YOU COMPETE will short esters be better, due to closer contest time and dropping long esters of test and deca and others from the offseason

Don't compete=use long esters

I NEVER use short esters

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stable bloods are over rated. :p

The advantage of going with NPP over deca is recovery time. Even if you don't PCT and go to TRT there is a period coming of deca where you just aren't right. It's shorter with NPP.

It's not overrated, it's bullshit!

Hell, even endogenous testosterone and other hormones are NOT stable! Placebo at its finest

And yea-for those of you who cycle on and off, a shorter NPP would fare better then deca

If you don't come off stick to deca

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I like short over long with Mast, and Nandrolone pinning it M/W/F it's more bang for your buck and a quicker start, I like fast shorter cycles that I can stop and restart up faster with.

To say there is no advantage is wrong the biggest advantage is more frequents faster cycles apposed to a long one.

Shit happens and when a cycle gets cut short because of something out of your control at least with the short ester you got more out of it if you needed to stop the cycle. I know this for fact I was on a cycle when each of my surgeries came up with 2 of 3 unexpected.

IMO why chose pinning 2 x a week over 3 x a week if your going to get going quicker and if needed to come off you can with less waste.

It's a preference one must make a choice on and for me short = better but I always stay on Test C.

Then there is even the bigger decision and that is the source with choosing the gear that suits you the best and in some cases it is a choice made of one over the other just so you know you got what you need and already know how it responds to your body. I have seen people make poor choices on prices or ester's to come up short with not such good gear so I always say what I was taught and that is stick with what has been already proven to you because it's you body and wallet.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love shorts...but also like longer ones as well

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How would you guys compare legit Primo e (250/mg) to any of the Nan's......I will admit I suffered a little pip and pussied out a little. I have 10 vials sitting here.....but its hard to imagine 20 weeks of pip like that?

Before the pip attackers even start, yes my estrogen is in check (so don't even go there). And, I don't wear dresses....lol

You have to cut it with something brother. Primo 250 hurts like a mofo. Inject it with mast or test or even a lower mg Primo.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
True that DF!

I am leaning towards the shorter ester npp currently due to faster kick in and as others have said faster out of my system.

What do you guys think of 375mg test c 250mg/ml, 300mg npp 100mg/ml, 300mg mast p 100mg/ml per week M/W/F for a 12 to 16 week cycle?

You have to cut it with something brother. Primo 250 hurts like a mofo. Inject it with mast or test or even a lower mg Primo.

CCCP

Reaction score
if you do props(short esters) i would recommend doing it ED instead of EOD to keep levels balanced, which means lower your dosages. 300-400 mast is more than enough, about 75 a day, thats just my opinion from my research

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love short esters...complete different experience for me...Im on E this cycle and it aint shit to the Prop ive done before or the TPP....ill never run long ester again...o and prop EOD for me

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I love short esters...complete different experience for me...Im on E this cycle and it aint shit to the Prop ive done before or the TPP....ill never run long ester again...o and prop EOD for me

Short ester = more bang

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Short ester = more bang

I agree with SFG,Ive ran Deca along time and this cycle I just started using npp for the first time,and I will never go back to deca,cause it fits me better,health wise,and working quicker,and I get less water bloat with npp than I did with deca.when I run out of masteron e,i will get me some masteron prop to use,im using a test/npp/masteron trip right now,fixing to drop the npp and add var to the mix,cant wait.....oh and transend,you will love npp!!

Reaction score
In the case of DECA v NPP they deliver nearly the same amount of nandrolone once the ester is cleaved. So they are, for all practical purposes, equipotent on a mg/mg basis.

Milligrams below are the estimated amount of active hormone per 100mg of hormone and ester.

Boldenone base: 100mg
Boldenone acetate: 83mg
Boldenone Propionate : 80mg
Boldenone Cypionate : 69mg
Boldenone Undecylenate: 61mg

Clostebol Base: 100mg
Clostebol Acetate: 84mg
Clostebol Enanthate : 72mg

Drostanolone Base: 100mg
Drostanolone Propionate: 80mg
Drostanolone Enanthate: 71mg

Methenolone Base: 100mg
Methenolone Acetate: 82mg
Methenolone Enanthate: 71mg

Nandrolone Base: 100mg
Nandrolone Cypionate: 69mg
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate: 63mg
Nandrolone Decanoate: 62mg
Nandrolone Undecylenate: 60mg
Nandrolone Laurate: 56mg

Stenbolone Base: 100mg
Stenbolone Acetate: 84mg

Testosterone Base: 100mg
Testosterone Acetate: 83mg
Testosterone Propionate : 80mg
Testosterone Isocaproate: 72mg
Testosterone Enanthate : 70mg
Testosterone Cypionate : 69mg
Testosterone Phenylpropionate: 66mg
Testosterone Decanoate: 62mg
Testosterone Undecanoate: 61mg

Trenbolone Base: 100mg
Trenbolone Acetate: 83mg
Trenbolone Enanthate: 68mg
Trenbolone Hexahydrobenzyl Carbonate: 65mg*
Trenbolone cyclohexylmethylcarbonate: 65mg*

Drug Active half-life

Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours
Anavar (oxandrolone) 9 hours
Dianabol (methandrostenolone , methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours
Methyltestosterone 4 days
Winstrol (stanozolol ) 9 hours

INJECTABLE STEROIDS

Drug Active half-life

Deca -durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) 15 days
Equipoise 14 days
Finaject (trenbolone acetate) 3 days
Primobolan (methenolone enanthate) 10.5 days
Sustanon or Omnadren 15 to 18 days
Testosterone Cypionate 12 days
Testosterone Enanthate 10.5 days
Testosterone Propionate 4.5 days
Testosterone Suspension 1 day
Winstrol (stanozolol) 1 day

STEROID ESTERS

Drug Active half-life

Formate 1.5 days
Acetate 3 days
Propionate 4.5 days
Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
Butyrate 6 days
Valerate 7.5 days
Hexanoate 9 days
Caproate 9 days
Isocaproate 9 days
Heptanoate 10.5 days
Enanthate 10.5 days
Octanoate 12 days
Cypionate 12 days
Nonanoate 13.5 days
Decanoate 15 days
Undecanoate 16.5 days

ANCILLARIES

Drug Active half-life

Arimidex 3 days
Clenbuterol 1.5 days
Clomid 5 days
Cytadren 6 hours
Ephedrine 6 hours
T3 10 hours

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I go by what my body tells me from experience not a chart or study.

New Threads