First Cycle Advice..much appreciated !

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the site and new to AAS but not new to the gym. Training off and on since 17yrs old.

Height: 6'0
Weight:180lbs
BF %: Im thinking 10% (abs are showing pretty good)

I'm looking to gain maybe roughly 15lbs lean muscle (which may mean a total 20lbs) roughly on my first ever cycle. (maybe over 12 weeks)

I've read the sticky on running your first cycle and the info seems great but is that what all of you would recommend and can I expect those results under good nutrition and training?

So basically I will be looking at

Testosterone 500mg EW Weeks 1-10 (two 250mg shots per week)
Dianabol 30mg ED Weeks 1-4 (3 separate doses, 4-6 hours apart)

Is the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) really that important? Is this just for teste shrinkage?

Will it be important to have Arimidex on hand? Even though I may not use it?

I definitely plan to do a PCT of Nolvadex and/or Clomid though.

thanks, I will post some pictures before and after.

Also I dont know the proper etiquette but if someone can guide me on how to find trusted sources (I've found some myself but would like more input) that would be great. PMs are great. thanks

JM750

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the site and new to AAS but not new to the gym. Training off and on since 17yrs old.

I'm looking to gain maybe roughly 15lbs lean muscle (which may mean a total 20lbs) roughly on my first ever cycle. (maybe over 12 weeks)

I've read the sticky on running your first cycle and the info seems great but is that what all of you would recommend and can I expect those results under good nutrition and training?

Is the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) really that important? Is this just for teste shrinkage?

Also I dont know the proper etiquette but if someone can guide me on how to find trusted sources (I've found some myself but would like more input) that would be great. PMs are great. thanks

Run a 500mg test only cycle. Hcg is not needed, but I do run it in my cycle. Run .25 mg or arimidex every other day.
As far as sources go, stick around and gain some trust and ppl will help you.

Reaction score
Thank for the reply.

Why do you suggest dropping the dbol?

I can stick around for sure.....hope people find me trust worthy before I want to start...haha. Like I said I have found some sources on the net but Im not too sure if they are legit. Am I allowed to ask?

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First thing, don't buy off of websites.

As to your cycle, I would leave out the dbol. You may have a hard enough time controlling sides from 500mg test (I know I did).

You absolutely MUST have arimidex or aromasin on hand. You may not need it, but if you do you will be happy you have it.

I would absolutely recommend running HCG. Why not give yourself every edge when it comes to making a strong recovery in PCT? I would run it 500iu per week throughout the cycle and blast 1000iu leading up to PCT. For PCT you should use BOTH clomid and nolvadex. Again, why not give yourself the best chance of recovery? For some ideas on how to blast HCG and run nolva/clomid do a search for Dr. Scally's protocol on this forum. It would be a bit overkill to run that protocol for this cycle, but it will give you a good idea about how to admister the HCG, nolva and clomid.

Most importantly, EAT A LOT and enjoy the ride!

Oh and by the way, we are not a source board. So don't start asking for sources or source checks. That's not why we are here. Stick around and make friends.

Reaction score
Thanks Azog for the advice. Good stuff and re-enforcing the importance of PCT. I don think anyone I knew from my past did any form of PCT. sad. This was years ago though so maybe the info and availability is better.

ok. so getting gear off of websites = bad. hmmm. I don't even train at a gym right now (I have a home gym) so I don't even know any guys personally. well not too sure how this works but I can make e-friends pretty easy.

Having never done a cycle and having spent years in the gym, now that I've decided to do this Im getting pretty exited. I also think the timing is great. Im getting older, and have really stepped up my knowledge on nutrition etc lately. I'm also in a really good place mentally.....good job, great wife, 2 great kids. Basically after all these years and having friends in the past do it while I sat out, I'd like to know what its like.

NeoPT

Reaction score
Like What Azog said, You want to learn how to control sides from Test only first. And also use this cycle as a way to see how your body reacts to the compound. That way you aren't playing a guessing game as far as which compounds are doing what.

Aromasin 6.25mg/ed has worked really well for me thus far. It also seems to have a less harsher effect on lipids than Arimidex.

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Lean gains?? Would drop the dbol... and perhaps use tpp or test prop.. imo..

Reaction score
Ok...so I will drop the dbol. Im not looking to blow up, especially my first time out. Lean gains would be great.....all the less cutting to worry about after. Generally Im not looking to get huge but some quality lean muscle back on my frame.

Not sure what the TPP is but with test prop I understand its more pins and more pain? The advantage being it works faster and gets out of your system faster? Any other advantage?

Braw16

Reaction score
The problem with Dbol is the water retention it tends to bloat a lot of people. Always have AIs on hand and everything you need for a proper cycle and pct before you ever start. Short esters like prop are great for lean gains and I would run masteron being as lean as you are you should see results. If you want to run a oral I would go with a anavar or tbol again this is all based on you wanting to gain some mass but still stay tight. The biggest thing you can do and the most important IMO is your diet. Good luck and keep us posted

powermaster

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like stated above Test is a good start. That is what my first cycle was test e and had great results. AIs is a must, this seems to be where first cyclers what to take a short cut and think they do not need so allways have them on hand just incase. Clomid and Nolva deff need. AS for the HCG this becomes personal opinion. Please correct me on this if Im wrong the harsher the compounds say like npp or deca Hcg is def recomended. Hope you have a great ride.

Reaction score
Thanks guys..... great help so far. I definitely have a lot of reading to do.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Just run 500mg test e for 10 weeks since its your first cycle

No AI is needed

Then jump on clomid and 500iu hcg for ptc

Enjoy

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend 12 weeks @ 500mg being that E is a long ester. You need to at least have an AI on hand. Some people convert like a sonofa. For example I need an AI @ 500 or my tits kill me. You don't know how you'll respond since its a first cycle. Take or leave the dbol but if you do you more likely will need the AI from the start.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend 12 weeks @ 500mg being that E is a long ester. You need to at least have an AI on hand. Some people convert like a sonofa. For example I need an AI @ 500 or my tits kill me. You don't know how you'll respond since its a first cycle. Take or leave the dbol but if you do you more likely will need the AI from the start.

good point

I guess I was goin by my own experience since I've never used/needed an AI

Do what df said (I'd leave the dbol for a second cycle)

Reaction score
Ya I think keeping it KISS (keep it simple stupid) is the best for my first cycle. 10 or 12 week 500mg Test only I'm thinking.

As long as I have access to AI I will keep some on hand. Just in case.

The sticky says to start hcg at week 4 during the cycle, is this necessary or can/should I just wait till week 11.

If I do this properly what can I expect in terms of total gains, and lean gains I can keep?

Anybody reading this that would do something different, please let me know...

And here is what Im working with. Maybe a little higher than 10%BF but I got a decent base.

again thanks for helping me plan this out. I will feel much better knowing I have the knowledge of this forum backing me up when I follow through.
IMG_00000292.jpg

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Leave out the HCG for a cycle like this...unless you are worried about your nuts. Why confuse your body, i.e. ok produce testosterone, ok you pinned today so don't, ok more hcg should I produce again? Bro let the gear do its thing.
I would never run HCG on cycle again unless it was a ridiculous amount of gear.

As to the Dbol I bloat on it but love it. Run it, you don't like it drop it. Don't worry so much.

Gains...all about diet and I will tell you this first hand. 16 week TEST/DBOL/ Var finish cycle went from 214 to 232, strong as hell. 4 weeks into PCT I am back to 220 because MY DIET SUCKS. Please take this into consideration.
From your pictures you are going to need to eat like a beast. Don't worry about eating SUPER clean just eat. EATING, BUYING FOOD, COOKING is the hardest part about getting big. The rest is too easy.

Reaction score
Leave out the HCG for a cycle like this...unless you are worried about your nuts. Why confuse your body, i.e. ok produce testosterone, ok you pinned today so don't, ok more hcg should I produce again? Bro let the gear do its thing.
I would never run HCG on cycle again unless it was a ridiculous amount of gear.

As to the Dbol I bloat on it but love it. Run it, you don't like it drop it. Don't worry so much.

Gains...all about diet and I will tell you this first hand. 16 week TEST/DBOL/ Var finish cycle went from 214 to 232, strong as hell. 4 weeks into PCT I am back to 220 because MY DIET SUCKS. Please take this into consideration.
From your pictures you are going to need to eat like a beast. Don't worry about eating SUPER clean just eat. EATING, BUYING FOOD, COOKING is the hardest part about getting big. The rest is too easy.

Thanks for the insight on HCG. As far as diet is concerned I've been on a deficeit for over 2 months...kinda looking forward to eating more but I'm not known to eat like a beast as you can tell from my pictures.....but that's what being natty gets you. haha. I will be stuffing my face while on my cycle though....no use to let it go to waste.

Im not looking to bulk up huge. My end game is really just 190lbs(shorter term goal) or 200lbs(maybe longer term goal) but lean (leaner than now). Who knows maybe a bit more in the future but I really dont see myself as being a huge guy (probably would be my goal if I was younger). I would be happy if I could maintain a physique like that. Really I just want AAS help to speed me up to were I want to be and after that it would be nice to try and maintain natural if I can (but not opposed to an AAS bump if needed every once in a while).

It will be nice when I turn 35 and Im in the best physical condition of my life... :)

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Tpp is a ester of test in between test e and prop.. ppl tend to get leaner gains on tpp..

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight on HCG. As far as diet is concerned I've been on a deficeit for over 2 months...kinda looking forward to eating more but I'm not known to eat like a beast as you can tell from my pictures.....but that's what being natty gets you. haha. I will be stuffing my face while on my cycle though....no use to let it go to waste.

Im not looking to bulk up huge. My end game is really just 190lbs(shorter term goal) or 200lbs(maybe longer term goal) but lean (leaner than now). Who knows maybe a bit more in the future but I really dont see myself as being a huge guy (probably would be my goal if I was younger). I would be happy if I could maintain a physique like that. Really I just want AAS help to speed me up to were I want to be and after that it would be nice to try and maintain natural if I can (but not opposed to an AAS bump if needed every once in a while).

It will be nice when I turn 35 and Im in the best physical condition of my life... :)

We are about the same age. There's a part of me that wished I waited to hop on, but I did my first cycle young.

A couple things to consider:

The famous last words of 95% of people before their first cycle is "I'm just going to do this cycle, and then maintain natty." Not going to happen. Your either going to join the darkside for good, and run a few cycles a year minimum, or you will do your one and done cycle and lose 90+% of your on-cycle gains within 6 months of being off. That's just the nature of this game.

Plan your cycles backwards. Do not start pinning the test until you have all your AI's, and PCT gear on-hand. Crazy things happen with suppliers all the time, especially for a new guy who might not be tapped in to the best/most reliable sources.

Run just the test E at 500mg for 10-12 weeks for your first cycle. See how your body reacts to test. Have your AI on-hand, but don't take it unless you start getting estro related sides. This is another reason to have your PCT gear on-hand. Nobody knows how YOU will react to the test. If you start getting early signs of gyno, you have to hop on your Nolva/AI right away, and nip that shit in the bud before it becomes an issue. If you don't have all your gear on-hand, you will be screwed.

Everyone has different theory's on HCG, but unless you are on TRT or extremely long cycles, I am not an advocate for HCG on-cycle. Especially for the mild cycle you will be starting with. It's more of a cosmetic thing for TRT guys. However, you are a bit older, like myself, and IMO you don't want to mess around with your restart protocol. I'd def recommend an HCG blast protocol leading up to your Nolva/Clomid PCT.

Laslty, I recommend at least one triple-cheeseburger per day for your bulk. You gotta eat big and lift big to get big.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As said by some of the other guys, diet is key. If you wanna be 220 you have to eat like 220. 500 mg test e for 12 weeks is pretty standard for first timers. Have everything that you may "possibly" need on hand, ie HCG, AI, etc. Never start without your whole cycle plus pct in front of you.Also, don't add in things that aren't necessary, ie AI if you don't require. Using these when not needed can and will hinder gains

New Threads