lose skin problem!!!

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
So I've worked my ass of for past yr and dropped from 238 to 189 now.. The problem is tht I'm leaning up a good bit but now I'm seeing lose skin in my lower adominal area. Am I still not lean enough to worry about it or should I b hitting abs hard now to shrink skin. My bf is about 15% so still have fat left

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i have a few friends who went for the surgery to remove that

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Ugh hoping thts not the case.. what about these dudes tht lose 75lbs and tight as fuck.. hoping once get down in single digits it'll b tight.. going to start 100 leg lifts everyday see if tht helps..

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
238 to 189 is a lot of weight to loose at on time bro. Congrats

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1) The slower the drop in weight the better
2) You'll be surprised how much tighter the skin gets sub-12%
3) GH will prolly help with skin elasticity, but it'll take some time

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Yea the loss was over a year so wasn't crazy fast.. put on some decent muscle size which I think helped in other areas.. I plan on doing gh this winter with my bulk cycle.. so guess there's next spring to b shredded.. was looking to do a show later in yr but this def holds tht to a hault..

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good shit on the weight loss. The skin is the hardest part to get right. Surgery is necessary sometimes depending on the look ur going for

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Thx.. I'm pretty proud but not satisfied! ! Lol I'm still hoping to drop another 15pds then see where I'm at.. ultimately wanna do a bb show late this yr.. if not going to bulk this winter and try again next spring..

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea bro I have this issue too. bottom of my belly has just the last bit of loose skin it sucks..

Use lotion with Vitamin E in it it seems to help.

Do heavy weight abs this will make them pop even more abs are a muscle just like any other train them for strength and they will get bulky. Some guys say they want that tight look you get from massive amounts of reps I feel that does not work for me since there is loose skin I am gonna try and fill it out with some muscle just my thought on it though

That loose skin also is probably fat bro skin is mad resilient it snaps back unless you were morbidly obese like 400lbs it will come back you wont need surgery to fix it . You need a even better diet . Its all about how bad you want it bro .. I am willing to live with the "loose skin" (fat) b/c I dont want to give up my cheat meals and beer. I am one good diet away from shredded and I guess I just dont care enough (yet) do u?

I was told by a trainer that if you hold back and low belly fat like we do a carb cycling diet could help with it .. I would say if your gonna go that route talk to someone who knows there shit like spongy to get on a strict diet and get what your looking for

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that competes inl local shows and he has the exact same problem, when he gets really lean that's when is more evident all that lose skin, for that hes looking into surgery to have removed.

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Yea idk may just be jumping gun on what is left when bf comes down.. I was fat but not 400lbs fat..lol I just really wanna compete and really hope all this hard work to be jeopardized by fucking skin..

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I struggle with this exact issue ... I went from 225-170 last year and diet wasn't helping me to well... Good luck brother and let me know if u find something that works

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Yea I think at this point just gotta wait it out and see wht happens when bf gets down in single digits.. been doing leg lifts everyday hopefully tht does something.. can't hurt i guess..

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Congradulations on losing the weight.

For me, It took about a year for the skin to tighten back up. I have read that the older you are, the longer it takes. I've also read that the amount of weight and the amount of years that you carry the weight are factors. Obviously, if you are extremely heavy for many years you may not be able to acheave your goal naturally and at this point surgry maybe the only option.

TR90125

Reaction score
Congrats on the weight loss.

At your current BF, I would guess it's more fat than loose skin. When I went from 18 down to 13ish, the skin around my oblique area got pretty tight but my abdomen still had loose skin.....aka fat

If its still flapping around at 10% I worry about it then...Lol

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
it takes time to tighten that skin up but in most cases it will. your body fat is still too high for it to go away. 8-12 weeks is all it takes on disciplined diet, and cardio. its still summer you still have time to drop your fat% and tighten it up some more before a bulking cycle. then diet down hard in the spring and you should be where you want to be by next summer.

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Thx for all the comments.. I'm still chugging away on cutting down more was just a concern I had.. but I plan cutting till nov then running a bulk.. tht should b plenty time to see wht I got to work with..

New Threads