Thanks

Mid Cycle- Low HDL?

Okay bros, Just got blood work done. Everything came back normal except slightly elevated EOS (I was dealing with a minor Bladder/uti thing which has subsided) and low HDL...

Total Cholesterol: 138
    triglycerides 78
    HDL: 26
    LDL: 96
    HDL/LDL ratio: 3.7

Test: >1500
    Estro: 42

Unfortunately I didn't get pre cycle lipid panels done. Any ideas? My diet has been high sugar, but also high in Monounsaturated fats. I have a large intake of nuts, fish, olive oil, and flax. Not sure what the cause could be. Possibly the AI? I lowered my estrogen a little too low a few times during a Gyno scare.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,792 Posts
    Did you take any orals? Those will screw your lipids.

Thanks
    Nope, Only test.

I've read that really high carbs can mess up HDL? I have to eat a crazy amount of carbs, so sometimes that involves cookies/sugar on top of healthy food lol. Maybe AAS use lowers HDL on cycle?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,885 Times in 3,415 Posts
    Orals definitely mess with your HDL. Actually, var is one of the worst offenders for me. Are you taking Adex? Adex w/ orals can cause your HDL to take a nosedive. My HDL always tanks on-cycle, and that is why I've gone with Aromasin on my current cycle. It's not supposed to mess with your lipid profile like Adex.

It generally always bounces back after cessation.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,519 Times in 4,157 Posts
    Yeah my HDL tanks on cycle too. Does bounce back after though. Has anyone ever tried lipid stable? I haven't but was wondering if it helps.

Thanks
    Shit is going to get out of wack when you're on. I wouldn't worry too much.
    Team Losieloos

Thanks
    Test nacks with HDL. Niacin should fix it. At least get you up to the 40s take 1000 mgs Ed. I take it when I get up to take a piss in the middle of the night; the reason is Niacin will give you hot flashes. You can get it OTC at all of the drug stores and most of the big box stores. Give it about 2-3 weeks and you should be good.

I follow the same protocol on Tren. Unfortunately, Tren still tanks me; even with the Niacin. The Niacin slows down the drop. I usally go until I'm in the teens and then I pull the plug.

Thanks
    Cool thanks for the replies guys, makes me feel a little more at ease. I'll pick up some Niacin today.

Unfortunate that our hobby/lifestyle creates these problems lol

Thanks
    Originally Posted by grind4it View Post
    Test nacks with HDL. Niacin should fix it. At least get you up to the 40s take 1000 mgs Ed. I take it when I get up to take a piss in the middle of the night; the reason is Niacin will give you hot flashes. You can get it OTC at all of the drug stores and most of the big box stores. Give it about 2-3 weeks and you should be good.

I follow the same protocol on Tren. Unfortunately, Tren still tanks me; even with the Niacin. The Niacin slows down the drop. I usally go until I'm in the teens and then I pull the plug.
    My preworkout has 30 mg and my skin gets flushed everytime. 1000 seems crazy? Should I build up to it? Maybe 200 2x/day?

Thanks
    No. 1000mg all at once. This is not Broscince. This is what my doctor told me to do. He told me to do this after i threw a 28 at TRT doses. Yes, you will get flush but you will survive. I promise Again, if you take it in the middle of the night you will not feel flush as it is kicking in (depending on brand 10+ minutes later). Taking it with food helps as well. When I'm gaining I drink a shake in the middle of the night and take it then. This is the best case. The rest of the time I take it with water and go back to sleep ASAP

Once you hit 40+ you can back off to 500mg.

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts
    lol, the first time I took Niacin it was the flush one and it was 500 mg...took about 45 min and hit me...was red as a lobster and not feeling the greatest...it's flush free for me now
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
    lol, the first time I took Niacin it was the flush one and it was 500 mg...took about 45 min and hit me...was red as a lobster and not feeling the greatest...it's flush free for me now
    Does the flush free Niacin exhibit the same effects on HDL? I wonder if it has a decreased effectiveness, they must remove something to make it flush free?

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts
    Originally Posted by NeoPT View Post
    Does the flush free Niacin exhibit the same effects on HDL? I wonder if it has a decreased effectiveness, they must remove something to make it flush free?
    I haven't heard or read anything that has said it is less effective.....
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    http://cholesterol.about.com/od/nico...lushniacin.htm

Apparently far less of the flush free niacin is actually converted into the niacin form actually needed for cholesterol benefits. The reviews seem to be mixed.

"One notable study examining different forms of niacin measured the amounts of free nicotinic acid, the niacin that lowers cholesterol, found in the blood after the product was ingested. The study found that after 1.6 grams of inositol hexaniacinate was taken, only 0.6 micromoles/L of nicotinic acid was detected in the blood.

In comparison, taking one gram of the immediate-release nicotinic acid resulted in 240 micromoles/L detected in the blood, while taking two grams of sustained-release nicotinic acid resulted in an average of 31 micromoles/L detected in the blood, both of which are enough to lower cholesterol."

Elite
    Thanks
    Flush free niacin worked for me last time when I was taking a shitload of var.

Thanks
    I took the regular niacin at 500mg once and was as red as a lobster for four hours. Im never doing that again. I had to strip off all my clothes and lay down on the bed with the fan going at full blast. My wife thought i was going to die! She kept running into the bedroom every 15 minutes asking if i was alright. I think she was just checking that i was still breathing!