Powerlifter Sentenced To 30 Months For Importing Anabolic Steroids

regular

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
j9Xg4HL.jpg

Spokane - Michael C. Ormsby, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington, announced that Ryan Shawn Kennelly, age 39, of Moses Lake, Washington, was sentenced for the crime of importing anabolic steroids into the United States from India. On September 5, 2013, Senior United States District Judge Fred Van Sickle sentenced Kennelly to a 30 month term of imprisonment, to be followed by a 3 year term of court supervision following release from Federal prison.

On March 8, 2013, Kennelly pleaded guilty to the charge of importing anabolic steroids into the United States. He has been in Federal custody since he was arrested in February, 2013.

According to information disclosed during the court proceedings, in December 2010, an overseas package for Kennelly arrived at the U.S. Post Office in Kennewick, Washington. Kennelly contacted the post office to find out if his international package arrived. After obtaining a Federal warrant to search the package, U.S. Postal Inspectors seized 1,503 anabolic steroid (methandrostenolone) tablets. The tablets had been mailed to Kennelly from Mumbai, India. The local Grant County Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team (INET) had previously seized over 1 kilogram of powder anabolic steroids during a search of Kennelly's Moses Lake, Washington residence in October 2010.

Michael C. Ormsby said: "This case evidenced once again the strong working partnership established between Federal and local law enforcement officers in the Eastern District of Washington. The United States Attorney's Office, together with Federal and local law enforcement officers, is committed to investigate and prosecute aggressively crimes involving the importation of controlled substances into the United States. This case is an outstanding example of that commitment"

The investigation was conducted by the United States Postal Inspectors and Grant County Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team. The case was prosecuted by George J.C. Jacobs, III, an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington.

Code:
http://www.justice.gov/usao/wae/news/2013/2013_09_05_Kennelly_Sentence.html

Rfagazzi

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A package from India going to a guy named Ryan Kennelly.( good ole american meathead ) Plus he calls about the package. Also, previously pinched in 2010. Could he have thrown up anymore " look at me " flags? Really?

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Regular,
Your posts make me nervous.
You are doing a good job.
S4L

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Regular,
Your posts make me nervous.
You are doing a good job.
S4L

^^^ yeah same here. This shit makes me feel uneasy. But thank you for posting up your findings Regs.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My question is did LE get involved due to the quantity 1,503 tablets and the likelyhood of distribution. Or, is this more of a personal use bust and your going to the pokie? There's a pretty big difference IMO.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just did a search on this guy, he's been arrested multiple times before for starting with assault, then for distributing weed and roids in 2010, again in 2011, and now.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
They are not telling it all, he was busted 2 times prior also growing weed he went and rented an apartment just to brew and sell out of and grow weed.

Sorry but this is one fool not to feel bad for this guy is an utter moron.

When I was with a well known Powerlifting team is when the 3rd bust went down and as a Powerlifting community all we could say was how stupid he is and asked for this to happen.

This is the type of person that ruins thing for others he thought he was invincible.

Anyone in Powerlifting and is associated with the top dogs knows about this guy, shame is this dude was not a nobody he was somebody and that is what pissed the Powerlifting community off the most.

Guy has a National Bench Record!

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're on these stories fast, Regular. Good posts, but this makes me nervous as well somewhat :/ I guess all we can do is be as cautios as we can and deal with the good sources. Even though this guy doesn't seem the sharpest, you can only imagine the hell he's going through after accomplishing all he has (bench press)..

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stay safe, Gents. Be smart.

graniteman

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
priors, all this other stuff, and only a 30 month sentence?????

DoriDori

Reaction score
Great post. I wonder if he was under watch from previous offensives. Makes me nervous! Mumbai? Hmmmmm I think I know the shop haha.

New Threads