Thread: STFU and do it

Thanks

STFU and do it

Golds Gym 1985 I didn't ask names, what contest they were training for or the science or theories, I asked what they ate, how they broke up body parts and I got busy. Guys these days want to spend countless hours asking for 24 opinions until they hear the one they want. I simply looked at a guy that was huge, ripped or strong as **** and got his advice. Cracks me up I see some turd walk right past me to ask some other turd what they eat or hire some skinny fat trainer for 60.00/hr only to never be seen again or look the same month after month.

People are getting dumber, break the cycle. Eat, lift, rest and repeat this isn't rocket science.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks
    aint that the truth. same here, I did exactly the same thing. took advice only from guys that had the results I was looking for.
    and speaking of dumb, I have my main gym i go to but I also signed up at a small gym right by my house just for convenience. This "personal trainer" called me to ask me if I wanted to take advantage of a couple free training sessions, measure my body fat ect. because I was a new member. This guy might, might weigh 150lbs. so im thinking to myself, did you take a ****ing look at me? does it look like I would need a personal trainer? and its mid summer, do you see any fat on me? WTF! and have you looked at your puke ass in the mirror? IMO you have to practice what you preach. I wouldn't take advice from this so called "personal trainer" anymore than id take dieting advice from a 300lb dietician.
    I was polite though and just told the guy, no thank you, I think Im good.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,364 Times in 2,152 Posts
    Originally Posted by JAXNY View Post
    aint that the truth. same here, I did exactly the same thing. took advice only from guys that had the results I was looking for.
    and speaking of dumb, I have my main gym i go to but I also signed up at a small gym right by my house just for convenience. This "personal trainer" called me to ask me if I wanted to take advantage of a couple free training sessions, measure my body fat ect. because I was a new member. This guy might, might weigh 150lbs. so im thinking to myself, did you take a ****ing look at me? does it look like I would need a personal trainer? and its mid summer, do you see any fat on me? WTF! and have you looked at your puke ass in the mirror? IMO you have to practice what you preach. I wouldn't take advice from this so called "personal trainer" anymore than id take dieting advice from a 300lb dietician.
    Unless the 300 pound dietician goes by the name SAD. Eating is a second job to get that strong.
    traps are the new abs.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,986 Times in 2,993 Posts
    Its been a while since I went to a gym I lift at home or at my shop for this very reason. From what Ive seen and heard from you guys its like they have a car salesmans approach.

Our waiter the other night was a personal trainer he made sure my wife and I were aware of that. I thought he might be 170 with his apron on. While my upper body weighs more than he does and no fat. When I left I made sure to shake his hand I know I hurt his hand and shoulder. He got the point.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,364 Times in 2,152 Posts
    I like what you are saying PFM. There is noe magic pill, you just have to show up everyday and do more than what you did last week and you got stronger. Either by adding another rep or more weight. People think you can just magically transform in to a fitness model. WRONG it take hard work and dedication.
    traps are the new abs.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,189 Posts
    When I eat a lot but somewhat clean, keep my lifts focused and do cardio I am usually in the best shape of my life.. While on gear or not
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,933 Posts
    Yeah I agree PFM. There is too much information overload, magazines, programs, diets....... problem is most of the masses never follow through on just "one thing". I know people at the gym who jump on the next diet craze every 2 weeks. I always say stick with one for 3 months, to see what if any results you may get. Hell they don't know if works because they are not on it anything long enough. Lift, eat, sleep (Keep it simple shithead)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,523 Times in 4,160 Posts
    Oh but there is a magic pill. It's called DBol.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    But you actually have to lift the weights
    For it to work.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,523 Times in 4,160 Posts
    But you actually have to lift the weights
    For it to work.
    ...and eat!

Thanks
    My regular gym was closed one day so i went to this other gym called "The gym" because they had a free 1 day pass.
    And this same exact thing happened to me i even had to wait to take my bp. Wtf. And that was after telling me about zumba and all the other shit they had. Lol
    Team Losieloos

Thanks
    **** growing up I worked out in a sweat shop no AC in the summer. everything was old as dirt and duct taped. The Iron in there sweated it was so hot in the summer when you left your hands were orange lol.The db's went up to 240, I remember thinking who the **** lifts them until I saw it done for reps, I was afraid to ask the bigger guys in the gym anything lol.

That said I tried everything under the sun to grow my problem was I was never taught anything about programing or diet. I knew how to preform the lifts correctly but never progressed much b/c I didnt know shit about rep schemes or splits. I didnt know a full body work out was real. I thank the interweb it brought everything into prospective for me, in two years I made more progress then my entire tenure in the gym.
    Enjoy Your Ride!

Elite
    Thanks
    preach my brother. i hear you pfm. im an old timer at 53. when i was young i went to the big guy in the gym and said the same thing. back in the day as it is today. tuna out of the can and into the man. shit still works. lol. eat lift sleep.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Haha they are magical aren't they!!!