Thanks

Anyone who knows me...

Is one unfortunate bastard..anyway, I am on workmans comp for neck fusion, and in october of 2012, had back surgery which I ****ed uo by running back to work so quick but who wouldn't after your first nys disability check was 167.00 with a car payment bills..blah blah..well 2 days ago my most awesome neighbors house went up in flames, and since he was at work, 2nd shift, he got home just in time to see his house up in flames, with his wife of 20 years stuck inside, he tried and tried and the cops had to pull him away, he was vomiting in the street by the time we got up and out of our house.Ed lost his wife.Today he came home and I noticed he couldn't get in,I let him be figuring he just lost everything near and dear to him, so he came over to our house and asked for my help, I am the residential weightlifter as many of my people here know what I mean..So I told him it's still his house and he could break the door, It's his right to see what his house looked like, and to do what he needed to do, the cops told him this and also advise he can break his own door down.So he asked me to,and I obliged.I got Ed into his shell of broken dreams, but I also need a cane to walk any distance more than say 60 ft. I start limping.This action is why I am writing this, I have been very carefully and sometimes very hastily trying to get back to 'normal'..This very trivial action on my part gave someone maybe a little peace, he was fumbling with his keys, kept saying he let her down, which I assured and comforted him with the fact if he couldn't get past the smoke and flames, no one could have.Ed hugged me, and I hobbled away, In the big picture of things, maybe my lifting, besides my love for it was going to help someone who really needed to do something for themself? no average person could have gotten through that door, after it came down, he had reinforced that door with everything.He stayed in there for some time, maybe saying his peace, talking to her, as long as he felt better, he left after coming back over and shaking my hand and hugging me again..I can barely walk at this moment, but he lost a hell of alot more than I did.

Thanks
    Fawk dude... I think I need some adex. I can't imagine what that would be like.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Very sorry to hear about your back and your friends situation.

I think the people that know you are lucky to have such a good friend and neighbor. Keep your head up and get well soon.

Thanks
    I would have gone in...
    im not a religious man like yaya, but only god would be able to keep me away. ive danced with the devil before. god didnt hear me when I called out to him...so honestly speaking the devil has always been around. this is an awesome story you've told us...but this is a forum and people will give out open replies.

you did great but ...ED? could have ...I would have. the fire fighters I can respect but Johnny law can get bent. I would still go out like a champ.
    what sounds better? a man lost his wife in a blazing fire? OR, a man died trying to save his wife from a blazing fire" ....I would do it. mines been through with me more than the average. mines like bigBens chola.

if we both go...we go

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,266 Posts
    sorry to hear bud. GL on getting things back on track.

Thanks
    Damn brother, That's intense. But at the same time it brings a lot of reality to me hearing about this. Reality is, we never know when we might be injured, reality is we never know when we're gonna have to say goodbye to someone we love. What we do know is that we can live in the moments set before us and soak them in and enjoy the life we have, while we have it.

Very to sorry to hear of what you're going through.

Thanks
    I lost everything in a fire a while back... nobody was hurt or killed thankfully but it is a crazy and weird experience in itself. I wasnt going to let it ruin me so i pushed past like nothing happened. Had i lost a loved one it may have been a different story.
    This is very sad... you were a good friend/neighbor/human being to him and I wish there were more people like that around.

Thanks
    I totally agree with Sparti. There's not one thing in this world that would stop me from going in. Yes I'm sure we would both be dead but I'm certainly not going to standby and let me wife die alone. Oldschool, I hope you get back to normal and you are indeed a good neighbor, and human being. Good luck to you. And Ed I'm throwing some mojo your way wherever you are.

Thanks
    I feel you guys I just couldn't let that happen. Theres too many possibilities you can rescue them.

Thanks
    I would have gone in...
    im not a religious man like yaya, but only god would be able to keep me away. ive danced with the devil before. god didnt hear me when I called out to him...so honestly speaking the devil has always been around. this is an awesome story you've told us...but this is a forum and people will give out open replies.

you did great but ...ED? could have ...I would have. the fire fighters I can respect but Johnny law can get bent. I would still go out like a champ.
    what sounds better? a man lost his wife in a blazing fire? OR, a man died trying to save his wife from a blazing fire" ....I would do it. mines been through with me more than the average. mines like bigBens chola.

if we both go...we go

I totally agree with Sparti. There's not one thing in this world that would stop me from going in. Yes I'm sure we would both be dead but I'm certainly not going to standby and let me wife die alone. Oldschool, I hope you get back to normal and you are indeed a good neighbor, and human being. Good luck to you. And Ed I'm throwing some mojo your way wherever you are.

yes my brothers, Ed's mother was outside, and said if he would have gotten in , he wouldn't have left, as none of us would have.

Thanks everyone as my friend is a very humble guy, and if he were on our board, he would be thanking every last one of you guys, as I shall do for him..Thanks my brothers.

Thanks
    Damn brother this brought me to tears. You're a good man for helping him. I hate to hear this shit. My prayers are with u guys.
    !SHRUGS!

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SHRUGS View Post
    Damn brother this brought me to tears. You're a good man for helping him. I hate to hear this shit. My prayers are with u guys.
    !SHRUGS!
    thank you bro, i seen Ed yesterday, he was still dirty and had his same clothes on, i guess he is staying at his mothers house and he is lost, the red cross is helping him with councling (and meds im sure). just did what i needed to do bro,for one hell of a nice guy,no biggie.just sucks every time i go outside i see that house that is all boarded up and they took such pride in it.you can still smell the char.uggggg...life can throw you a curveball in a second.