How to get accurate testosterone levels results from blood work

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just saw this got stickied. Good on ya Doc!

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Great post doc. I have never got my levels tested but would like to do it in the near future. I will probably get burned by asking this but on these tests do they post what your normal ranges are for comparison? What is a normal test range?

I would always suggest getting blood work. Yes they do post ranges for comparison. They will be in the email with your results.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Doc is always sticky

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I need to go in for blood tests and wanted to hear what PrivatemdLabs had to say about the tests - Below is my email to them

Hello,

I am looking to order blood tests and I am primarily concerned with two results: Testosterone and Estradiol. My only concern is that I want to make sure my testosterone reading will not be capped at 1500ng/ml. I know there are many tests that include testosterone (below I posted a couple that I found). The female hormone panel seems to be the most cost effective, but I have heard it only reads testosterone levels up to 1500ng/dl. What tests are available to get an accurate reading with no upper limit - Again I’m primarily worried about testosterone and estradiol, although a complete blood count profile wouldn’t hurt either.

Test Name Price
Hormone Panel for Males Test Details $172.49 Remove
Testosterone, Total, Serum Test Details $47.49 Remove
Estradiol Test Details $50.99 Remove
Hormone Panel for Females Test Details $62.99 Remove

Thank you,

Lupinator

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And their respone:

Mr. Lupinator,

The testosterone tests that will give you an actual value if your results are >1500 are the LC/MS-MS tests. Although we offer several panels that include these testosterones, the most economical way to purchase estradiol and testosterone that provides your value >1500 is copied below:

Hormone Panel with F&T Testosterone LC/MS-MS

$99.99

Description:

Includes:
Estradiol
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Testosterone, Free (Direct) With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Complete Blood Count w/ Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes.)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile ( includes eGFR ):(A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)

Patient Instructions: Patient should fast for 12 hours preceding collection of specimen. If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results.

Estimated turnaround for results is 7 business days. If confirmation testing is required, the estimated time may be extended.

Categories: Hormones and Metabolism

Price: $99.99

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
So I need to go in for blood tests and wanted to hear what PrivatemdLabs had to say about the tests - Below is my email to them

Hello,

I am looking to order blood tests and I am primarily concerned with two results: Testosterone and Estradiol. My only concern is that I want to make sure my testosterone reading will not be capped at 1500ng/ml. I know there are many tests that include testosterone (below I posted a couple that I found). The female hormone panel seems to be the most cost effective, but I have heard it only reads testosterone levels up to 1500ng/dl. What tests are available to get an accurate reading with no upper limit - Again I’m primarily worried about testosterone and estradiol, although a complete blood count profile wouldn’t hurt either.

Test Name Price
Hormone Panel for Males Test Details $172.49 Remove
Testosterone, Total, Serum Test Details $47.49 Remove
Estradiol Test Details $50.99 Remove
Hormone Panel for Females Test Details $62.99 Remove

Thank you,

Lupinator

Lup, any panel for total testosterone that says LC/MS is considered a sensitive assay and will not be capped at 1500ng/dL. Privatemdlabs has a few different options for this.

***Thanks to Assassin32 for bringing the following to my attention:

Labsmd.com has a female hormone panel that includes a sensitive assay total testosterone panel (LC/MS), LH, FSH, E2 (Roche Eclia methodology NOT a sensitive assay E2 test), CBC w/ differential platelet count, and a metabolic panel all for $72.99. Labsmd uses Quest Diagnostics as their lab not labcorp but give them a look.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Free Test
Total Test
Estradiol
FSH
LSH
Complete blood count
Complete metabolic profile

That's perfect for me - only thing missing is lipids, but I get them done whenever I give blood so why pay for them

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lup, any panel for total testosterone that says LC/MS is considered a sensitive assay and will not be capped at 1500ng/dL. Privatemdlabs has a few different options for this.

***Thanks to Assassin32 for bringing the following to my attention:

Labsmd.com has a female hormone panel that includes a sensitive assay total testosterone panel (LC/MS), LH, FSH, E2 (Roche Eclia methodology NOT a sensitive assay E2 test), CBC w/ differential platelet count, and a metabolic panel all for $72.99. Labsmd uses Quest Diagnostics as their lab not labcorp but give them a look.

That's perfect too - the test in privatemdlab's response does have free test added - either are good values

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
That's perfect too - the test in privatemdlab's response does have free test added - either are good values

I started typing my response to you before I saw privatemd's response haha. That's actually not a bad deal if it includes free test also. Thanks for updating us brother. I need to update this thread as many things have changed. You plan on going soon to pull labs?

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I started typing my response to you before I saw privatemd's response haha. That's actually not a bad deal if it includes free test also. Thanks for updating us brother. I need to update this thread as many things have changed. You plan on going soon to pull labs?

Yessir, the next couple of weeks - I've been itching to add stuff to my cruise. Plus I'm switching my AI source soon, and switching my test source soon after that - wanted to make sure everything is copacetic with the new shit. And as soon as I post this I'm leaving to donate blood - prolly just platelets - so I can see where my lipids are

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Yessir, the next couple of weeks - I've been itching to add stuff to my cruise. Plus I'm switching my AI source soon, and switching my test source soon after that - wanted to make sure everything is copacetic with the new shit. And as soon as I post this I'm leaving to donate blood - prolly just platelets - so I can see where my lipids are

Good luck brother! I hope the results come back showing good health :). I'm getting labs pulled the Saturday after next myself and just donated blood on Friday.

Keep us posted with your results and what you're planning on adding to your cruise!

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That test from privatemd is the one I got done on Friday. Results should be back this week sometime. I want to add a compound to my cruise also. I'll be hitting you up for help Doc

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That test from privatemd is the one I got done on Friday. Results should be back this week sometime. I want to add a compound to my cruise also. I'll be hitting you up for help Doc

Same test here, done on the same day, Dayum, Steelers...we've got to stop meeting like this... ;)

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score

Same test here, done on the same day, Dayum, Steelers...we've got to stop meeting like this... ;)

You kinky fukkers....why was I not invited?

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
How are the results affected relative to when you pin? I know I've seen someone talking about this somewhere but can't find it

New Threads