How to get accurate testosterone levels results from blood work

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
This is my own personal write up of how to get accurate serum testosterone values from blood work.

I'm on my first cycle currently and like everyone else was curious about if it was possible to get accurate testosterone level numbers instead of the dreaded >1500. This is what I did to get it to work and you can see in the pics below that the privatemdlabs panel showed >1500 and the other panel reads 2834.6 ng/dL. Both panels were taken the same day, same time, same labcorp location, and with the same 21G needle lol. I'll also give you a few different options you can choose from depending on what panels and values you want to get.

*Mods If I cannot talk about another company besides privatemdlabs or our new sponsor, I apologize and edit out my post but otherwise sorry for the long read and here's how (skip to the bottom if you just want to see how quickly lol):

During my research I came across evidence that the results were dictated by which state the company that you payed to get your blood requisition form resides in and for some reason any company based out of Florida gave the real values. The company whose name I saw mentioned was personal labs. I looked up their info and sure enough they were based out of Florida so I figured I'd give it a shot. I still got the female hormone panel on privatemdlabs for reasons which will be clear later and I picked a testosterone panel with thyroid values from personal labs and paid for it. This is where it gets tricky, I no longer think it has to do with the state. I saw codes for a panel that was going to be run on both requisitions so it got me thinking and searching for answers and now I believe you can get your actual serum test levels from any company, any labcorp location, any state, and any regional lab (though the test for the actual testosterone numbers will usually be sent out to a different lab than the rest of the panels). I'm pretty sure the results of the test are only based on which panel code is requested and the number you're looking for is 070001. A quick search of privatemdlabs turns up it has this code BUT I HAVEN'T TRIED IT. I stuck with personal labs bc they were cheaper.

So on privatemdlabs you can search for code 070001 OR look for this test Testosterone, Total - Women, Children, and Hypogonadal Males, LC/MS-MS its $59.99 for the test (again didn't try it personally but it should work). Under the description you'll see it say That part is key. With this panel you'll only get actual total serum testosterone values (not >1500 result) and nothing else.

On personal labs they have 2 tests with this code. Searching by code number didn't work for me but going under male health tests (have to click on it twice sometimes to get the vertical list) you'll see Low T (Testosterone) Profile for $48. The description says The key part. With this panel you'll get only actual total serum testosterone values (no >1500 results) and nothing else.

And the second test is called BASIC Erectile Dysfunction Profile for $93. The description says Again the highly sensitive is key and ends up being code 070001. With this test you'll get actual total serum testosterone (no >1500results), CBC with Differential/Platelet Count, and a thyroid panel which has free thyroxine (T4), T3 Uptake (THBR), thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), and total thyroxine (T4).

^^^thats the one I chose since I wanted to see thyroid values as well.

As you can see you can come up with a few different options on what to get etc and I'll try and break them all down so you know what you'll get with each. As far as I know, these are the cheapest prices I've found for the panels but I only checked a few other companies out and privatemdlabs still has the cheapest female hormone panel.

Option 1) You don't care about anything but the usual female hormone panel from privatemdlabs. Probably best for pre and post cycle bloods since test levels should be normal ranges. All you want is the basics (LH, FSH, Total test, E2, AST/ALT, CBC with Differential/Platelet Count, and metabolic profile) and don't care about an actual test level number. Go to privatemdlabs as usual for the female hormone panel, total cost: $59.99 (before online coupon).

Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online

^^^link for the panel for option 1

Option 2) All you want is actual total test results AND NOTHING ELSE (no E2, no LH, no FSH, etc). Maybe your mid cycle, short on cash, already know the rest of your blood work is good, know how to control estrogen, and whatever other reason I'd pick this. Go to personal labs and get the Low T (Testosterone) Profile, total cost: $48 (before online coupon).

Option 3) You want real testosterone values AND thyroid profile and CBC with Differential/Platelet Count. Probably for some of the same reasons as option 2 but you'd like to include thyroid and CBC with Differential/Platelet Count and its mid-cycle where testosterone values are high. You will NOT get LH, FSH, E2 or metabolic profile with this option. Go to personal labs and get the BASIC Erectile Dysfunction Profile, total cost: m$93 (before online coupon).

Option 4) You want everything normally given with female hormone panel from privatemdlabs (E2, FSH, LH, CBC with Differential/Platelet Count, AST/ALT, and metabolic profile BUT you ALSO want real test numbers. Again same reasons as 2 & 3, best mid cycle probably. This option WILL NOT give thyroid values. Go to privatemdlabs and get the Hormone Panel for Females AND go to personal labs and get the Low T (Testosterone) Profile, total cost: $59.99 + $48 (before online coupons for BOTH).

Option 5) The big daddy of them all, includes EVERYTHING. You're mid-cycle and want a handle on ALL your values actual serum testosterone values, FSH, LH, E2, thyroid profile, CBC with Differential/Platelet Count, ADT/ALT, and Metabolic Profile. Go to privatemdlabs and get the Hormone Panel for Females AND go to personal labs and get the BASIC Erectile Dysfunction Profile, total cost: $59.99 + $93 (before online coupons for both).

Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online

^^^this link is if you want to get the accurate testosterone level test from privatemdlabs. I personally didn't use it because it was more expensive than perosnal labs but I figured I'd throw it in here regardless just in case.

As you can see there are a few options you could choose from depending on what you want to see in your panels and what you're willing to spend. I went option 5 for mid-cycle bc I had the money laying around and wanted all my values (tried t3 few wks back and wanted to see how my thyroid came back).

Also just so it's clear, I paid for the privatemdlabs and personal labs requisitions on the same day, printed them both out within minutes of each other, went to the same labcorp location, took both samples on the same visit/day/time and just gave them two different reqs. Don't give them any CC info or insurance info. They may ask for drivers license which you could try and argue but they didn't for me.

I hope this has been written clearly enough to understand, I ramble a lot as is evident in this very sentence lol. If you're confused about any part of it, post up your question or pm me and I'll do my best to answer it as soon as I can and be as helpful as possible. This should work for EVERYONE who goes through labcorp and privatemdlabs and wants real numbers. Hopefully the rest of the members here can out this info to good use and start seeing the results we've all been wanting to see for a while now (except you lucky bastards who've always had actual numbers lmao).

The first two pics are from privatemdlabs and the hormone panel for females and the second two pics are from personal labs and their basic erectile dysfunction test. That's what I got and it should provide you with an idea of the results you'll get and evidence that you CAN get actual numbers from personal labs even when privatemdlabs gives >1500 all from the same location!View attachment 551815

View attachment 551816View attachment 551817

Edit* thanks to Megatron who called and talked with privatemdlabs, there's a small update. I'm just adding in the quote of what he found out. I haven't tested it or checked it personally but he is very thorough and I would trust his findings.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Can't figure out how to edit the original post and the picture attachments don't work. Here are the copies of my bloodwork showing values.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You obviously spent a lot of time researching this topic. Thanks for the contribution.

Personally, I fall into the catagory of "trust my source" so, I'm good with the >1500. I got to say it has always bothered me that I would see Labcorp numbers posted both ways. It was worth the read just to finally know that there is a reason and its not just luck of the draw.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
You obviously spent a lot of time researching this topic. Thanks for the contribution.

Personally, I fall into the catagory of "trust my source" so, I'm good with the >1500. I got to say it has always bothered me that I would see Labcorp numbers posted both ways. It was worth the read just to finally know that there is a reason and its not just luck of the draw.

I can respect that philosophy but personally, I don't trust ANYBODY. everyone has an angle and everyone has a price and past experiences have taught me to keep my trust in myself. Definitely not the luck of the draw though, I've gotten both results and now know how to get which one I want lol.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll have to go back and look at my results but each time I have gotten bloods from labcorp using privateMD I get back actual numbers noted results confirmed upon dilution. I order the standard female panel. I'll see if there is any coding on the results. The office I used is on the Florida Westcoast

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
I'll have to go back and look at my results but each time I have gotten bloods from labcorp using privateMD I get back actual numbers noted results confirmed upon dilution. I order the standard female panel. I'll see if there is any coding on the results. The office I used is on the Florida Westcoast

Some people seem to get full values regardless but as you can see in my pics, my results came back >1500 in the pre cycle blood work I got. This method has also worked for a bunch of others on Ology who always got that same result. Consider yourself lucky to get the real results hahaha

Reaction score
Thanks DocD, I'm also in the category as you TRUST NOBODY, I trust the 3rd party lab who has no reason to lie about what your levels are. I will def. be getting the actual value test next cycle, and I will post results good or bad. Thank you for this post, I was very interested in this. I wish I would have waited a week to get my blood work now, so I would have gotten this one. You could have a legit source and they could've gotten fkd on the raws. Never know, but if they are constantly getting screwed on their raws, it's time to find a new source again, thanks for the post.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Thanks DocD, I'm also in the category as you TRUST NOBODY, I trust the 3rd party lab who has no reason to lie about what your levels are. I will def. be getting the actual value test next cycle, and I will post results good or bad. Thank you for this post, I was very interested in this. I wish I would have waited a week to get my blood work now, so I would have gotten this one. You could have a legit source and they could've gotten fkd on the raws. Never know, but if they are constantly getting screwed on their raws, it's time to find a new source again, thanks for the post.

No problem 501, I wrote it to help others. It bugged me not knowing the true values so I hope many others put the info to good use too. If money isn't an issue for you you can get a test through personal labs for as little as $48 and get the real values. Your decision In how you want to go, just letting you know it's not really too late even though you already did some tests.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Def sticky this as SFG said! This is awesome, and again i rhank u as well,. Clears some stuff up and gives us another choice for bw as well!

Hardpr

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nice to see you brothers getting your bloods done. remember its not just test levels we are checking guys. its psa and rbc just to name a few.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys! I hope everyone can use this info to make more informed and safer cycling decisions.

Hardpr: I 100% agree with you. PSA if 35-40yo or have history or cycling heavy, RBC/HCT which is part of a CBC w/ Differential platelet count, a full metabolic panel, total serum test and bio available, sensitive E2 Estradiol assay, LH, FSH, lipids, etc. No excuses not to get bloods if you're state side since the cost is an insurance policy for your health.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
For test total and e2 fast or don't fast?

If natty fast preferably and if on cycle doesn't matter. If your panel includes glucose or lipids though you'd want to fast. I just test fasted for everything personally so I have the same reference point. Lanugo me doing bloods I stop eating 6pm the night before and take blood at 8am next morning.

Reaction score
Great post doc. I have never got my levels tested but would like to do it in the near future. I will probably get burned by asking this but on these tests do they post what your normal ranges are for comparison? What is a normal test range?

New Threads