225 x 6 OHP

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
On the bright side you're doing them standing and with actual free weights. I see way too many guys trying heavy OHP with a smith machine, which just isn't natural and almost always ends up causing injury. Keep at it though, you have good form and are definitely strong as hell! :)

Thanks man . I base my bench on it a lot. They are about 100 lbs off. I read somewhere that the best way to bench 400 is to OHP 300.

JackC4

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I gotta give you props brotha, I added these to my routine today and they kicked my ass.
Had nice strict form, legs straight chest up. They do work. ( didn't come close to 225 )

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I gotta give you props brotha, I added these to my routine today and they kicked my ass.
Had nice strict form, legs straight chest up. They do work. ( didn't come close to 225 )

I use Wendlers 5/3/1 program and boring but big as assory work . I will suggest taking it slow. I always use weight I can do for at least 6. I have never and will never do a 1 rm with this lift . If I screw up a shoulder its over for me in the gym.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Again I’m bumping some of my old threads. This was a day after Pillar said I couldn’t do 5 in chat.

I used to go by Steelers4Life.

New Threads