Contest prep cycle

Solid Snake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys. I haven't been on the boards in a long while but im trying to get more involved. I come to you guys today looking for some thoughts on a cycle I'm planning for my first show. This will be my 4th cycle. First was test/dbol, second was prop/mast/tren/var, and my third was just test/var. Some other stats would be that I'm 28, 235lbs at 6'3". I'd guess 12% body fat. The cycle I have planned is 23 weeks and I've outlined it below.

Weeks 1-15
Test E - 600mg/wk
Deca - 400mg/week
Test prop - 150mg EOD or dbol 50mg/day weeks 1-4

Weeks 16-23
prop -150mg eod
Var - 50mg/day
Mast prop - 100mg eod last 4 weeks - maybe

I thought this was a pretty simple layout and it should allow me to put on some size the first 15 weeks and then really focus on cutting the final 8. The mast and dbol are still up in the air just because I'm really concerned about my hair. My second cycle thinned the front a little bit and I'd like to not make it much worse. this reason is why I haven't opted for winny.

I've got a buddy who is a nutritionist so my diet will be clean even during the first 15 weeks. Im not looking to blow up in this time, just add a few clean pounds while getting some joint relief from the deca.

So let me know what you guys think about this. None of it is set in stone and Id really like input, good or bad.

Thanks in advance

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys. I haven't been on the boards in a long while but im trying to get more involved. I come to you guys today looking for some thoughts on a cycle I'm planning for my first show. This will be my 4th cycle. First was test/dbol, second was prop/mast/tren/var, and my third was just test/var. Some other stats would be that I'm 28, 235lbs at 6'3". I'd guess 12% body fat. The cycle I have planned is 23 weeks and I've outlined it below.

Weeks 1-15
Test E - 600mg/wk
Deca - 400mg/week
Test prop - 150mg EOD or dbol 50mg/day weeks 1-4

Weeks 16-23
prop -150mg eod
Var - 50mg/day
Mast prop - 100mg eod last 4 weeks - maybe

I thought this was a pretty simple layout and it should allow me to put on some size the first 15 weeks and then really focus on cutting the final 8. The mast and dbol are still up in the air just because I'm really concerned about my hair. My second cycle thinned the front a little bit and I'd like to not make it much worse. this reason is why I haven't opted for winny.

I've got a buddy who is a nutritionist so my diet will be clean even during the first 15 weeks. Im not looking to blow up in this time, just add a few clean pounds while getting some joint relief from the deca.

So let me know what you guys think about this. None of it is set in stone and Id really like input, good or bad.

Thanks in advance

First this isn't a contest prep cycle; offseason mixed with precontest in 23 ain't long enough to be "contest prep" :p

Test prop would be redundant, go with the dbol

Test would cause more concern for hair thinning anyway

Everything looks good, have fun (just don't consider it contest prep lol)

Solid Snake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. You're definitely right in terms of this being a true contest prep. It's more of a long cycle leading into a contest ;) I plan on relying more on diet and cardio than 10 different compounds to help me lean up. it's also my first contest so I would rather do something simple and save some money just in case I decide competing isn't for me. if its something I continue to do I would obviously get more complex.

How long would you consider a true contest prep cycle to be and what all would you include?

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whoa wtf Ss where ya been bro. We miss you lol

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. You're definitely right in terms of this being a true contest prep. It's more of a long cycle leading into a contest ;) I plan on relying more on diet and cardio than 10 different compounds to help me lean up. it's also my first contest so I would rather do something simple and save some money just in case I decide competing isn't for me. if its something I continue to do I would obviously get more complex.

How long would you consider a true contest prep cycle to be and what all would you include?

Before I read your last sentence, I read "..it's more of a long cycle.." I thought "then why the **** are you trying to combine offseason and precontest" LOL

Of course then I see the last sentence :)

True "cycle" for a contest is around a year long (more for those who skip other contests to show in a big one)...so thus it's not a cycle because you're never off

BUT I will do my damnedest to work with "coming off" (as alien as that is to me, but GLAD people think health=#1)

So, let's work it as it is-cycles leading up to a contest, and wanting to place FIRST!

First, a longer "bulk" cycle

it takes years, even with gear, to gain lbm..hell even then fast phenoms like Heath, Curry, et al still took 3 years of never being off/pro doses+compounds to go from amateur size to pro-placing size...now you know why I don't come off (my goal is wildly different from everyone here lol) :)

Then you'll have a shorter, but still some time to it, cut cycle

BULK CYCLE
25 weeks
Test E 600mg/wk
Deca 600mg/wk
Dbol 75mg ED (take 2 days off..higher dosage per day+2 days off for less liver strain=same great efficacy, healthier liver)

8 week PCT
CLOMID 100/100/100/100/50/50/50/50

God I hope you don't lose more than negligible amount of lbm/keep fat loss

This is why you don't come off if competing, it completely risks all the hard work

HOWEVER, STAY HEALTHY IF THAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU VS WINNING PLASTIC

CUTTING CYCLE
16 weeks

Tren A 600mg
Masteron E 750mg
Anadrol 150-200mg (ED with 2 days off)

Add Letro 3 weeks in, .5mg ED..if estro and water really gets out of hand with you on abombs, 1mg ED

Clen 60mcg (increase dose after gauging feeling if needed) ED, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off

Utilize diuretics before the show if you know what the hell you're doing and STRICTLY control water, sodium, potassium, and carbohydrate intake each day

Otherwise dont risk your health

Utilize ephedrine and caffeine ED

this protocol is VERY simplistic but VERY effective

The only scary variable is coming off, but again, health is more important than a plastic trophy lol

With your diet in check, you should come out very great

Best of luck! :D

Solid Snake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. A lot of great info. I totally understand your reasoning for staying on if you are wanting to be a serious competitor. Im hoping to do well but I'm just not sure if it's a permanent lifestyle I want to live. If I do really well it's a good possibility I will want to keep going. I also left out that I plan on using ephedrine, clen, and thermos throughout the cycle along with exemestane daily.

I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way so I may be reaching out to you for advice.

Thanks again man

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. A lot of great info. I totally understand your reasoning for staying on if you are wanting to be a serious competitor. Im hoping to do well but I'm just not sure if it's a permanent lifestyle I want to live. If I do really well it's a good possibility I will want to keep going. I also left out that I plan on using ephedrine, clen, and thermos throughout the cycle along with exemestane daily.

I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way so I may be reaching out to you for advice.

Thanks again man

Just remember your goals and to keep everything as simple as possible-you can NOT serve two masters at once

Meaning If health is more important, don't stay on continually (even staying on is not much of a health risk..but then again I'm speaking for myself and others who keep great bloods/etc even with staying on)

You'll do great whatever you choose

Good luck!