Insulin... Who should use it?

Who should use slin?

• Shit no, not me, I'm not ready to die.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Gym rats

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Thinking about competing.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Competing in the Nationals.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • In Nationals going for a pro card.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Already pro, moving up in the ranks.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
What do you think and why?

HDH

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Me. Because its fantastic stuff lol...

Honestly this would have to be evaluated on a case by case basis. If its a bodybuilder, it should be someone who actually knows what they are doing nutritionally. And all beginners should use "log" versus "r" or "n" or long acting insulins.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Ha,ha, I see the pole was delayed.

HDH

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you think and why?

HDH

Only pros/those going for pro card/wanting to win nationals level should

POB will disagree-and I will agree that it's perfectly safe when used correctly

The reason "why" is I don't like the visceral fat build-up it can cause and the potential gh gut it can also cause...also any uncertain possible negatives caused from long term insulin use, like artherosclerosis

Just don't like the look...same with gh; I don't want that "turtle shell" abs/oblique look only gh causes

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Me. Because its fantastic stuff lol...

Honestly this would have to be evaluated on a case by case basis. If its a bodybuilder, it should be someone who actually knows what they are doing nutritionally. And all beginners should use "log" versus "r" or "n" or long acting insulins.

Totally agree

Wtf...there are still people trying to use long acting insulin for body composition reasons?? Not surprised though...so many parrots and newbies that don't do enough homework on forums nowadays (I blame 4chan and it creating /fit/ >:[)

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I think it's got to be a case by case basis. Generalities can be made and broken such as "if you do the research it's perfectly safe" but then you have the bodybuilder mentality of "if a little but is good more must be better" which in the case of insulin can get you killed. I believe it should be used when normal AAS protocols have been exhausted but then again someone with pro-aspirations and an extremely well thought out plan could use it safely. Arguments can be made both ways and this is a tough one to pick which side of the fence you want to be on...it doesn't help having a diabetic sister and knowing the dangers of incorrect insulin use first hand.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I voted "Competing on the National Circuit", rationale being if you're that advanced you probably know how to use it safely and / or you're well aware of the risks.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used it and didn't gain anything off of it...

Huh? Insulin is the most powerful hormone out there. There's absolutely no way you didn't gain anything off of it if you knew what you were doing training and nutrition wise. I'm not trying to bash you but if you can't gain off insulin, you can't gain off any AAS. Not possible.

I've used it. And I will use it again in the near future. I think its a case by case basis. I'm not one to tell people what they can/can't do or should/shouldn't do. It definitely has its place in the lifestyle we live. We wouldn't have the 300Lb monsters in bb without it. Although I'm more of a fan of the 80's and 90's BB's then today's. I will say that I've been around a little while and have some knowledge and experience. I did my homework way before I ever pinned slin. Even with that, I've started getting hypo twice. I'm not a dumbass though. I always have glucose tabs in my pocket, a soda in my center console in my car + food packed if I leave the house. I set a timer on my phone 10 min before my 2nd peak. AAS is pretty forgiving. Slin isn't and isn't to be taken lightly.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I voted, but would have liked to see the option, "Diabetics only."

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Used it. Probably gunna use it again too.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
IMO, if you're a competitive (or aspiring to be) bodybuilder it's fine. For Joe Blow gym rat, I don't see the point. I'm not saying they shouldn't use it, I'm just saying if they have no plans of competing I don't see the point.

Personally, at this point I have no desire to use it. Maybe that will change idk.

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
havent used yet but def will.. just need to pin down a good protocol..

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
I was getting ready to fall asleep last night and thought of another option I should have put.

"If you're smart enough to use it."

The only problem with people that aren't smart enough is they don't know it. Um, I mean, err... J/K... I think. LOL

It's been a pretty good conversation in the thread so far. I like a good conversation as opposed to a good debate. People have different reasons to not want to and all the reasons being said are good points. It's really up to the individual.

Personally, I cycle on and off of it. I've gone hypo but for anyone that does it, they've got to realize that it will eventually happen. What matters is being smart and ready at a moments notice. It's been my experience that the faster we ingest carbs during the onset of going hypo, the faster it will dissipate and go away.

The trick is to not get caught with your pants down and never hit the panic button. It's really that simple. Of course simple doesn't mean it's always easy for some.

Honestly, I think the scare of insulin is good. It makes people really think hard about it which in turn, makes most do the research. I said most because I've seen people start it that I felt just didn't know enough.

Different people will view things differently. Like a guy that trains naturally will say steroids are unsafe, a guy that uses 500mg a week will say a gram is unsafe, a guy that uses a gram will say 2 + grams are unsafe. Usually, the guys on the lower end will say insulin is unsafe.

In reality, insulin is the least safest of all. Who does it just depends on goals and/or how far someone is willing to push themselves.

I believe it's as safe as the person that uses it.

There were also some good points made in the vid posted.

For the guys that are using or have used it, what kind did you use, what was your protocol, and how did you handle the spikes (food, drinks, vitamins, BCAAs)?

HDH

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I was getting ready to fall asleep last night and thought of another option I should have put.

"If you're smart enough to use it."

The only problem with people that aren't smart enough is they don't know it. Um, I mean, err... J/K... I think. LOL

It's been a pretty good conversation in the thread so far. I like a good conversation as opposed to a good debate. People have different reasons to not want to and all the reasons being said are good points. It's really up to the individual.

Personally, I cycle on and off of it. I've gone hypo but for anyone that does it, they've got to realize that it will eventually happen. What matters is being smart and ready at a moments notice. It's been my experience that the faster we ingest carbs during the onset of going hypo, the faster it will dissipate and go away.

The trick is to not get caught with your pants down and never hit the panic button. It's really that simple. Of course simple doesn't mean it's always easy for some.

Honestly, I think the scare of insulin is good. It makes people really think hard about it which in turn, makes most do the research. I said most because I've seen people start it that I felt just didn't know enough.

Different people will view things differently. Like a guy that trains naturally will say steroids are unsafe, a guy that uses 500mg a week will say a gram is unsafe, a guy that uses a gram will say 2 + grams are unsafe. Usually, the guys on the lower end will say insulin is unsafe.

In reality, insulin is the least safest of all. Who does it just depends on goals and/or how far someone is willing to push themselves.

I believe it's as safe as the person that uses it.

There were also some good points made in the vid posted.

For the guys that are using or have used it, what kind did you use, what was your protocol, and how did you handle the spikes (food, drinks, vitamins, BCAAs)?

HDH

That is an excellent point and one that oftentimes doesn't get understood.

Reactions: HDH

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The reason "why" is I don't like the visceral fat build-up it can cause and the potential gh gut it can also cause

Just don't like the look...same with gh; I don't want that "turtle shell" abs/oblique look only gh causes

I agree. It really is a horrible look even for a pro.
They should dock points for that ugly shit to be honest.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Huh? Insulin is the most powerful hormone out there. There's absolutely no way you didn't gain anything off of it if you knew what you were doing training and nutrition wise. I'm not trying to bash you but if you can't gain off insulin, you can't gain off any AAS. Not possible.

I've used it. And I will use it again in the near future. I think its a case by case basis. I'm not one to tell people what they can/can't do or should/shouldn't do. It definitely has its place in the lifestyle we live. We wouldn't have the 300Lb monsters in bb without it. Although I'm more of a fan of the 80's and 90's BB's then today's. I will say that I've been around a little while and have some knowledge and experience. I did my homework way before I ever pinned slin. Even with that, I've started getting hypo twice. I'm not a dumbass though. I always have glucose tabs in my pocket, a soda in my center console in my car + food packed if I leave the house. I set a timer on my phone 10 min before my 2nd peak. AAS is pretty forgiving. Slin isn't and isn't to be taken lightly.
jmitch is big as ****. Especially for his age.

I think if you're not competing you have no business taking it.

I've seen the almost overnight fullness it can add to you with a proper regimen.

It's a tool in the bag. I think it's just becoming a more and more abused tool.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use slin. I don't think I need it to achieve my goals.

New Threads