How to gain most sufficiently as an ectomorph?

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do you not enjoy food?

If I ate that I would be starving all day long.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Same here brother. I think i would have pizza with that smuckers peanut butter on it. And i would wash it down with the POB go to drink. Giant glass of chocolate milk.

How about peanut butter pop tarts smothered in cheese and sauce? :)

HDH

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
im talking the hulk death stack...g of deca ,g of tren, g of eq,g of test,70mg superdroll and a bottle of bourbon ...now thats the hulk death stack

Now that, especially the bourbon is gettin my dick hard..I just drank a pint of Wild Turkey Honey Bourbon LOL

and we both know that KISS=only way to do things...went stupid doing 4 injects first of year ;) LOL

Change it to 2g Deca, 1g Test for 20 weeks+60mg superdrol for 12 weeks...then we're talking :D; hopefully my next blast!

You forgot to mention that Hulk pops Abombs like they're tic-tacs completely disregarding any sort of planned dosage. Dem genetics of the pros!

Oh, one more thing I learned from this guru is that when you **** up and eat too much sodium/shit food and get bloated...slam a shitload of letro and you'll dry right up! :)

LOL now now Azog, there's a method to my madness-no more than 12 weeks for orals, no more than 200-250mg Adrol for a serious competitor :)

Well yea letro will dry your ass out if you bloat from sodium...but you better have a visible six pack!

If you're 15% bf and bloat too much from sodium/fast food, even a gram of letro won't save you LOL

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It sounds ridiculous but the amount of food I have to eat to make consistent gains is uncomfortable and had led me to hate eating. To motivate yourself to continue taking in that dumptruck of calories, make sure you change your foods up. For example: When I first started eating big I became so god damn tired of chicken. One particular meal I almost said to hell with this shit but poured some soy sauce in a bowl turned it into chicken soup. One time at work I couldn't finish my chicken for the life of me so I covered it in peanut butter. It tasted like shit but it was different. Learn to have fun with it. Like previously stated, every day should be a Thanksgiving feast.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna add one more very important thing... If you get constipated from the excess bulk, try adding some Metamucil a couple times a day it really helps all this required food to keep on truckin down the poop shoot.

Metamucil with your last meal of the day makes for a nice big soft turd first thing in the morning, and most find that upon waking after doing this they are STARVING... Which makes breakfast a lot easier to eat

Good luck and sorry for the "sh!tty" post lol
-Sam

Reactions: HDH

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know guys. For someone who stated that RUNNING is a big part of his life I don't know if BULKING is the right direction for this man.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to think I was an ectomorph...

Anyways, to echo what others have said, you need to eat everything you see. If you are really an ecto (I'm not), you won't get fat if you're training properly. When I decided I had enough of being 165lbs this is what I ate, and the advice came from powerlifters AND bodybuilders:

At least 6 whole eggs with melted cheese, oatmeal, and toast for breakfast with a big glass of milk. I'd stop at the supermarket and grab a rotissiere chicken and eat that throughout the day. I'd stop at burger king of mickey D's 2x a day for a double cheeseburger and wash it down with a protein shake. Drank at least a half gallon of milk. Ate a huge steak or more chicken (at least 8 oz) for dinner. I didn't worry about carbs at all, I just ate everything - rice, potatoes, pasta, whatever. I had some vegetables too. Post workout, I would make a shake that had about 1600 calories in it. I ate 2-3 PB&J's a day. If I woke up at night to take a piss, I would eat a PB&J before I went back to bed. If you're a hardgainer, you need to eat until you're blue.

Train heavy and hard - think Dorian Yates style. Heavy compound movements. Stop doing 2 hours of cardio in one day. I ran this split for years, and always find myself turning back to it:

Mon: Chest/tris
Tues: Back
Wed: Off
Thurs: Legs
Fri: Shoulders/bi's

Do some 20 min HIT cardio a few times a week to keep the fat down and just for general health.

I gained 40 lbs in 2 years doing this, never went over 15% BF, and the only gear I touched was one 400mg/week test cycle for 10 weeks. I was also like 18 when I did it, and I hit a late growth spurt along the way too.

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For what its worth im ecto too. I've put on 10lbs of muscle in the last year using Spongy's diet and forcing myself to drink gallons of egg whites. I know i should still be eating more but there is a limit to what i can get through my system.

BTW, if you do the liquid egg whites thing then prewarn all the people around you as you may become violently and pungently gassy. Costco has them for about $10 for a 6 pack of cartons - 50grams of protein per carton. I drink three a day. About to go chug the next one....

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing as body types anyway, all BS

if you eat 4k a day and not gain (THAT'S WITH DAILY TEDIOUS COUNTING OF CALORIES) then eat more damn fast food

Most don't count daily/ever ****ing count and then say they're ecto lol

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
too true. People forget food is the best steroid out there. 2-3 years ago i dieted down to 165lbs and it was amazing how little i had to eat compared to now. Of course i looked emaciated but when i set a goal i go for it. Right now im at 196lbs and the key to getting there has been eating about double or triple what i though i should eat. Im still a little off but at least im making good gains - slow and consistent.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
For what its worth im ecto too. I've put on 10lbs of muscle in the last year using Spongy's diet and forcing myself to drink gallons of egg whites. I know i should still be eating more but there is a limit to what i can get through my system.

BTW, if you do the liquid egg whites thing then prewarn all the people around you as you may become violently and pungently gassy. Costco has them for about $10 for a 6 pack of cartons - 50grams of protein per carton. I drink three a day. About to go chug the next one....

Damn, I need a Costco. I drink 1 1/2 cartons a day. I mix it with whey protein for my shakes.

Not sure if I could just chug it but I've never given it a try.

HDH

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
There's no such thing as body types anyway, all BS

if you eat 4k a day and not gain (THAT'S WITH DAILY TEDIOUS COUNTING OF CALORIES) then eat more damn fast food

Most don't count daily/ever ****ing count and then say they're ecto lol

LOL, that's like saying the pros at the top don't gain muscle faster than the average joe. We call it genetics and we call their body types mesomorphs.

HDH

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn, I need a Costco. I drink 1 1/2 cartons a day. I mix it with whey protein for my shakes.

Not sure if I could just chug it but I've never given it a try.

HDH

Just Chug it - its slightly unpleasant but not disgusting. Lets just say its definitely not enjoyable. The first time i did it i thought i was going to barf - but its amazing how quickly you get used to it. I usually have a bight of some solid food before chugging. Great thing is you can just ad some carbs and its a full meal. I find it much easier to do this than to eat solid food like chicken or beef. Its down the hatch in 20 seconds. Try doing that with a chicken breast! My challenge now is to adjust my carbs to be more on point for spongy's diet. Im thinking rice pudding. Rice+milk+sugar = carb city.

Reaction score
I don't believe in that ectomorph/endomorph/mesomorph shet. Honestly just eat like a fat slob and cut the cardio in half to bring your BMR down a bit so your body can utilize more calories for muscle building. Your best friends are now milk, eggs, pasta and chicken. Drink 2 protein shakes a day, minimum.

Also hot damn, fix your routine. It's disgusting lol

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
x100 on drinking eggs. Gotta commit to it though. If you hesitate you'll probably choke on it.

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont recommend eating Raw eggs because apparently you only metabolize 50% of it.

But if your going to do it just add orange juice and vanilla ice cream. And a bit of vainilla extract if you want.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
LOL, that's like saying the pros at the top don't gain muscle faster than the average joe. We call it genetics and we call their body types mesomorphs.

HDH

Classifying by somatypes is a ridiculous concept. Somatypes were created by William Herbert Sheldon... A psychologist. His goal? To associate human body types with human temperament. It was a joke then and is as much of a joke now. Genetics is accurate but labelling Meso, endo, ecto etc is something that should be stopped in its entirety.

Reaction score
I dont recommend eating Raw eggs because apparently you only metabolize 50% of it.

But if your going to do it just add orange juice and vanilla ice cream. And a bit of vainilla extract if you want.

Really? I started just tossing em in my shakes a couple yrs ago cause I got sick of cooking em everyday.. should we be cooking them?

HDH

Elite
Reaction score

The egg whites in the cartons are pasteurized so they are heated and safe to drink. The heat (126 degrees) kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin to allow it to be digested by the human body.

HDH

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Just Chug it - its slightly unpleasant but not disgusting. Lets just say its definitely not enjoyable. The first time i did it i thought i was going to barf - but its amazing how quickly you get used to it. I usually have a bight of some solid food before chugging. Great thing is you can just ad some carbs and its a full meal. I find it much easier to do this than to eat solid food like chicken or beef. Its down the hatch in 20 seconds. Try doing that with a chicken breast! My challenge now is to adjust my carbs to be more on point for spongy's diet. Im thinking rice pudding. Rice+milk+sugar = carb city.

I do it for the convenience as well. Quality protein to boot.

HDH