How to gain most sufficiently as an ectomorph?

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Classifying by somatypes is a ridiculous concept. Somatypes were created by William Herbert Sheldon... A psychologist. His goal? To associate human body types with human temperament. It was a joke then and is as much of a joke now. Genetics is accurate but labelling Meso, endo, ecto etc is something that should be stopped in its entirety.

Ha, ha, I'm going to get a different thread going so we we don't hijack this one like we did in J's thread.

I'll put up some real definitions on the body types. I've got the perfect book to supply them.

I'm guessing you've never heard a real definition of each :)

HDH

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Really? I started just tossing em in my shakes a couple yrs ago cause I got sick of cooking em everyday.. should we be cooking them?

I would suggest switching to carton eggs that have been heated. He's correct on raw eggs not being 100% metabolized. Plus the whole food poisoning thing. LOL

HDH

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Ha, ha, I'm going to get a different thread going so we we don't hijack this one like we did in J's thread.

I'll put up some real definitions on the body types. I've got the perfect book to supply them.

I'm guessing you've never heard a real definition of each :)

HDH

Great idea, you're correct about the hijacking. Definitely don't want to derail another thread brother :) hahaha

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The egg whites in the cartons are pasteurized so they are heated and safe to drink. The heat (126 degrees) kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin to allow it to be digested by the human body.

HDH

Ive read conflicting reports on the Avidin saying that pasteurizing kills the bacteria but does not neutralize the avidin - however it does dramatically increase the bio-availability of protein. I think you need to cook the egg till it starts to turn into a boiled/poached egg to get rid of all the avidin. I could be wrong though...

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Ive read conflicting reports on the Avidin saying that pasteurizing kills the bacteria but does not neutralize the avidin - however it does dramatically increase the bio-availability of protein. I think you need to cook the egg till it starts to turn into a boiled/poached egg to get rid of all the avidin. I could be wrong though...

It's been a while since I've checked into it. The story on eggs have changed so many times anyways, it's hard to keep up.

I don't see a warning about consuming raw foods on my whites carton though.

I actually started mixing in the whey powder in the whites when I saw a smoothie recipe on the carton itself.

HDH

Last edited:

Mprtz

Reaction score
Ectos do NOT carry fat well. OP is also a runner and may not want to gain fat.
That said, much good advice.