HELP infected injection site

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know its not the appropriate threadfor this but there's a lot more traffic here, and I really need help. . .
So I've always had trouble with test 400 before I started mixing it with other oils, it would leave me crippled for weeks.. I was running mast and t400 and I decided to drop down to just trt dose of t 400 so I injected 200mg of test in my leg. I had forgot that the 400 had to be mixed... When I injected I only injected the oils probably a half inch into my quad... Maybe a little more... I usually go a full inch in. After the injection there was no pain, but the day after was pain and swelling... I then remembered how painful t400 was, I just ingnored it and now its 5 days after and its still really painful and red around the whole area, I herd and infection would be soft... But it feels hard to me... But the redness is like 6 inches by 6 inches around the site. So t400 half an inch in, half a çc should I go to the hospital or wait?

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm on my phone so sorry for the horrible grammar but its all laggy and crap. If I go to emergabcy can I just say it started hurting over the week and not tell the Dr it was a steroid inj ? And whats the worst case scenario if I leave if for another day or two to see if it gets better? I have no fever or really sickness, I did have a head ache yesterday.. But Thats about it... The area just looks red, my leg feels warm and when I touch the redness it feels warmer then the rest of my leg, not by that much tho

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I accidentally drew with the injecting pin, so i just re used it for the first time ever. The injection was fairly sterol but for some reason I had to use a lot of force to push the needle in, I was already a little in so I just injected in at around a half inch, and now its just really really swollen and painful, my one leg looks jacked compared to my other leg... Should I be okay to wait another day? It doesn't seem to be getting severely worse... But it turned red today.. I think it might be because my gf was irritating it last night and I slept on it?

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Does the redness have a distinct edge around it? Doctors will usually mark the outline with an ink pen so you can see if it's growing the next day. I would do this now and see where's it's at tomorrow. If it's growing or not getting better I would schedule an appointment with your doc for Monday, I don't think this is an emergency room kind of thing. Tell the doc it was a vitamin B injection. That's perfectly legal and won't cause problems on you medical records.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I've been lucky so far and never had a problem, but I picked up some cipro and amoxicillin from ADC just in case :)

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Agree with Rumpy on both counts. Need to know if the redness is expanding. If so, go to your Doc - no need for an emergency room - and yes, it was a Vit B shot. If its not expanding or hot to the touch you should be fine, just keep an eye on it.

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey the man for the great idea! It does have a distinct edge, I'm marking it right now. And I'm in Canada so I doubt they even give two craps if it was a steroid inj but I just dont wanna lie and get it miss diagnosed, and I know people at the hospital... But yeah I guess I can say it was a b12 inj thx!

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. It weird cuz I wanna say that this inj isn't even as bad as some of my past t400 inj's. . . I've had them so bad that I couldn't even sit down. . . maybe this one is just more swollen because it was injected so shallow in my muscle

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
To be honest, if you only went in half a inch man, the gear may have not of hit your muscle even and is why it's hurting/swelling up. This would be the gear crystalizing which is causing the pain. You shud be going in atleast 3/4 of a inch I feel specially for thighs/quads. Personally I dont think it's a infection or see anything you could have done to cause a infection as long as you cleaned the top of yours vails and since you reused your needle that your draw with, is why it was hard to push in, cus it was a dolled needle from drawing with it. You'll just have to wait it out for a week and swelling will go down. Gets big and fat first before it can get better. This is based off my experience with infections and the issue your stating. No need to go to hospital.

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. It weird cuz I wanna say that this inj isn't even as bad as some of my past t400 inj's. . . I've had them so bad that I couldn't even sit down. . . maybe this one is just more swollen because it was injected so shallow in my muscle

^^ thats exactly why!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ice it frequently and you should see an improvement quicky. Draw it's edge with a marker and of its bigger tomorrow hit the emergency room.

This isn't an infection though. No fever no lethargy no feeling like shit

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah thanks for the reply. i definitely got into the muscle tho because i have pretty low bf and thin skin on my legs, but i guess that's what you get for not going deep into the muscle! Ive read a lot on how medical science has bin wrong for so many years about sub q inj's not working as well as IM and that you can inject sub-q and have the test absorb just as well... so i figured what the hell, the needles in... who cares, as long as the oils in my leg it will get absorbed... i guess injecting test 400 shallow is a bad idea. I really hope its not an infection. i wiped my leg and the vial... and ive read that an infection should be really hot and soft when you press on it... and the issue on my leg feels really hard, and is disk shape, but i drew i line around it, i would imagine it would get worse and worse if it was an infection and the pain has stayed about a 7 or 6/ 10 for the last 5 days so ill see how it is tomorrow when i dont sleep on it or have my girlfriend crawling on it and crap like last night haha with is probably what caused the redness...

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah nothing like like that and yeah i probably should ice it, i was afraid to in case it was caused by the test crystallizing, i figured cold would make it crystallize more? or is that complete bro science crap?

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ice it frequently and you should see an improvement quicky. Draw it's edge with a marker and of its bigger tomorrow hit the emergency room.

This isn't an infection though. No fever no lethargy no feeling like shit

Yeah nothing like like that and yeah i probably should ice it, i was afraid to in case it was caused by the test crystallizing, i figured cold would make it crystallize more? or is that complete bro science crap?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I don't believe there is such a thing at all.

Reaction score
I like keflex for any possibly bacterial issues. Going to the ER will get you quicker blood work results. They will look at your WBC amd creatin and 2 sets of blood cultures. They will prescribe a broad spectrum antibiotic and the cultures take usually 72 hrs for results. But get ahold of keflex and follow through with the full course. Good luck bro I get alot of patients with very similar situations here in the states

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So when I woke up this morninging it had spread about a half inch past the line towards my foot, and now after working a 8 hour shift without a break, its about an inch past the marker, I didn't ice it or anything, but I guess I gotta go to emerge? Should I just say it was a b12 inj or say it was a self prescribed trt injection? Would there be a difference? Or even better can I just say I think I remember having a small piple there 2 weeks ago and it just gradually got worse and worse? I would really rather that... Or just that over the last 5 days it got worse and worse and I dont know what's up, cuz they'll do blood work and crap right? So it doesn't matter what made it infected.. I could just act clueless??

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would go with vitamin B, that way they know it was a deep injection and not just a surface scratch, although I don't really know if that matters. Here in the US, having AAS on your medical records can cause problems down the road, I have no idea about Canada. The fact that it's spreading does sound like an infection though so I would get it looked it. And you already have it outlined in ink so the doc can see how fast it spread.

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just think you need a prescription for b12 dont you?

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll tell the Dr that I've bin injecting vit b12 now for 4 months and this one went wrong? I'll tell him I boutgh the b12 online

New Threads