Powerlifters training vs. bodybuilders training

Reaction score
This is some differece between a powerlifter training , and a bodybuilder training....
I hope that will help you guys , to make a beter difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting

bodybuilding-workouts-chartstrength-training-landscape--powerlifting-vs-bodybuilding---builtlean-zcsf9iqj.jpg

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorta... in powerlifting we do a lot of accessory work in bodybuilding ranges and in bodybuilding heavy compound lifts are a base for growth. There is always some crossover.

in powerlifting we also train to meet a set of rules

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well said POB. I am neither a bb or pl but do know that they will share some aspects in training. Different people need to train in different ways for their body types and end goals.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This is some differece between a powerlifter training , and a bodybuilder training....
I hope that will help you guys , to make a beter difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting

bodybuilding-workouts-chartstrength-training-landscape--powerlifting-vs-bodybuilding---builtlean-zcsf9iqj.jpg

That chart represents a maximum effort day for me.

Dynamic effort days require weights in the 50-60% range.

Repetition days are exclusively about volume. I will do sets of 20...and if I get a wild hare...sets till failure at 30 reps and beyond--with little rest. Powerlifters need muscular gains as well--especially if you are jumping a weight class.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
From looking at this list I can tell you there is a lot of cross over that should be done in order to achieve maximum results. I know many a bodybuilder who would look at this list and agree with me. I for one over the years have mixed and matched variations on this list over and over again.

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
I agree powerlifting bb cross is also in my opinion is a great way to begin training some dense muscled foundations

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And powerlifters enjoy life more because most of us eat pizza and drink beer. I have a lot of respect for the discipline of real body builders though.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
And powerlifters enjoy life more because most of us eat pizza and drink beer. I have a lot of respect for the discipline of real body builders though.

Lol the best response yet. I'd like to substitute tequila and steak for pizza and beer though!

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
I agree powerlifting bb cross is also in my opinion is a great way to begin training some dense muscled foundations

This for sure. I think both real PLers and BBers can benefit from using protocols from each others style of training. I personally go heavy with low reps and volume for the 4 main lifts and higher rep higher volume for accessories with an overall goal of BB. What's the point of being big if you ain't strong?

Reaction score
I thought pl and bb change it up at certain times to confuse (dont know if thats the right word) the body or is that an old wise tail?

Reaction score
i like to compete in powerlifting, bodybuilding and strongman. i use training from all three no matter what comp is next.

New Threads