AAS and immune system

OldeBull1

Reaction score
Do you feel AAS use gives you a huge immune boost? Twice in the last year, viruses have passed through my house. While the wife and kids got holed up for days, I got minimal symptoms and kicked it quickly. During both of these times, I was on blast (test, deca). I have to say, the sauce helped me fight it off.

I did some brief research on the topic. Several studies say that AAS use is immune suppressing. Not what I expected to find. I must note that I'm not one to have a good read of studies beyond the summary of findings.

What do you think? Does AAS use help to fight disease? Does it strengthen your immune system? My bro science says it does. Smart guys, back me up or prove me wrong.

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
Do you feel AAS use gives you a huge immune boost? Twice in the last year, viruses have passed through my house. While the wife and kids got holed up for days, I got minimal symptoms and kicked it quickly. During both of these times, I was on blast (test, deca). I have to say, the sauce helped me fight it off.

I did some brief research on the topic. Several studies say that AAS use is immune suppressing. Not what I expected to find. I must note that I'm not one to have a good read of studies beyond the summary of findings.

What do you think? Does AAS use help to fight disease? Does it strengthen your immune system? My bro science says it does. Smart guys, back me up or prove me wrong.
Not at all bro. It is a fact steroids suppress the immune system.

mabdelrasoul

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I also wana say it suppresses your immune system. Every time I’m on and get sick I have trouble kicking the sickness. Just last week I caught the flu, was laying in bed for over 3 days just trying to find the energy to get up and get motivated . A week in and I’m still sick but able to get around.

Cycle I’m running is

Test 600mg a week
Npp 500mg a week
Dbol 20mg a day
Hgh 2-3 ius a day

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was on a blast last year test/deca/mast 750/600/200. I got COVID mid blast & ended up in the hospital & nearly dead. I got COVID again this year same dose mid blast. It wasn't nearly as bad, but I'd say no AAS doesn't improve your immune response.

OldeBull1

Reaction score
I don't doubt it, and your first hand experience confirms the studies I glanced at. Huh. Hip hip hurray for placebo?

buck

Reaction score
My best run with no days of sickness was 8 years when i was natural eating a healthy BB type diet year round. Since starting TRT and cycling i go 2-4 years without a day sick with the same diet and life style. In the last 5 years i have had covid 2x but it only slowed me down for a couple days at most.