Alright, someone share their Christmas spirit and help...

Reaction score
Seems like you're failing that plan miserably.

Dude, pull the rip cord, get out of there.
You're obviously not familiar with

iu

Test_subject

Front Squat Bert
Reaction score
Can you just simply sell your BAT back to cash, and withdraw the funds?

Then start over somewhere else?
That’s what I’d do. That way you’re only out your transfer fees and the depreciation of your coin since you bought it.

Adrenolin

Elite
Reaction score
Coinbase or cashapp are the easiest and most convenient to use. I like cashapp for sending funds (including easily transferring cash to btc or vice versa), coinbase for investing.

Reaction score
That’s what I’d do. That way you’re only out your transfer fees and the depreciation of your coin since you bought it.

Coinbase or cashapp are the easiest and most convenient to use. I like cashapp for sending funds (including easily transferring cash to btc or vice versa), coinbase for investing.

Well, it seems the transfer I'd attempted failed, but I still have to pay the "gas" for the failure. Because I purchased a small amount, enough I thought to send, I'm fucked once again and required to buy yet MORE gas to attempt again.

I've been told you have to "adjust" the amount of gas you apply in order to send, too little and you're (I'm) fucked, see Example A ^

WTF isn't is simply a set fee to send X amount of token? This shit is set up to steal the money of dumbfuckers like me.

Hell, now I'm at the point of why go somewhere else and go through all this shit again? Shit I don't have money to throw away, and the money wasted here was going toward something I needed. Now I'm fucked there as well.

I'll most likely have to wait until I have the money again and try WU/MG. Fuck this crypto shit.

Test_subject

Front Squat Bert
Reaction score
I've been told you have to "adjust" the amount of gas you apply in order to send, too little and you're (I'm) fucked, see Example A ^

WTF isn't is simply a set fee to send X amount of token? This shit is set up to steal the money of dumbfuckers like me.
If you set your transaction fees too low your transactions will take a long time to process.

It gets complicated because transaction fees on Bitcoin aren’t static. They can’t charge a set fee because of the way that mining works. The fees depend on a number of factors including the amount of traffic that your transaction causes in the network. If you send, say, $100 in bitcoin, the fee to process the transaction will be lower than if you send the same $100 in 4 x $25 transactions.

It’s done like that so that people can’t just send money in 1c increments and grind the whole network to a halt.

Reaction score
If you set your transaction fees too low your transactions will take a long time to process.

It gets complicated because transaction fees on Bitcoin aren’t static. They can’t charge a set fee because of the way that mining works. The fees depend on a number of factors including the amount of traffic that your transaction causes in the network. If you send, say, $100 in bitcoin, the fee to process the transaction will be lower than if you send the same $100 in 4 x $25 transactions.

It’s done like that so that people can’t just send money in 1c increments and grind the whole network to a halt.
While I don't understand/get it, I see that's the process.

It seems to be a system designed to squeeze extra money out of people.

Why can't it simply calculate the amount?

Regarding crypto, I learned years ago not to play video games against a 6 year old because he'll kick my ass.

Yet here I am 😥

Reaction score
Well, this whole ordeal has, if nothing else, been interesting. Seems there's different ways to send transactions, one costing more than the last. The method ($$) you choose could decide weather it gets completed or not. If I understood correctly, and there's a good possibility that is NOT the case, this has to do with the (crypto) miners.

I've spent the majority of the day on Braves community support forum. Brave has NOT been of any assistance, nor have they even made an attempt.Again, fuck Brave!

After some coaching, it seems I should have upped my "offer" (gas setting) to maximum. This equates to about $20, but I need to "throw in a little extra" to make it enticing enough to complete my transaction.

Sound like bullshit? No argument here.

I still have over $200 laying in Brave wallet. I'm going to throw another $20 and see.

Yep, I'm a confirmed idiot. Come on, tell me you've never been to a titty bar...........

I've tried 3 times to buy more eth (gas) in a last ditch effort to get this clusterfuck out of my life.

Remember Brave only gives the option of using Wyre for transactions?

In the mean time, for your reading enjoyment:

redit review:

Screenshot 2021-12-08 145538.jpg Screenshot 2021-12-08 145538.jpg

Trendkill

Reaction score
Screw all this. Just go buy some land in the Sandbox. Should only be 4.3 times more complicated.

Reaction score
Tried another route...

Since I can't buy eth at Exodus, only send/receive/exchange. Didn't see this as an issue, since i just want to get rid of what's in the Brave wallet.

I took the advice some gave here and went to Coinbase. Registered, got their anal probing, etc. When I entered my card info, here's what showed-up on their site.

Screenshot 2021-12-08 164110.jpg

I am not Jack Henry & Associates. So I removed it, input my info again. Same thing.

I left. Ran security scan, no issues.

Libragirl8

Lady Member
Reaction score
Evidently you would be correct sir.

I've come to the realization I've just thrown away $230.

Actually, I've technically "bought" it, since I paid for it. I just cant use it.
I am the first person to call customer service, why don't you give them a call to ask to reverse the transaction or put it back in USD. I am sure you are not the first.

Reaction score
I see cashapp alot, but I don't use mobile. Need desktop version, but don't see it on their site. They have a "Contact Us" button, but requires registering to use, lol.

Reaction score
I am the first person to call customer service, why don't you give them a call to ask to reverse the transaction or put it back in USD. I am sure you are not the first.
Crypto> No refunds

New Threads