Amazon Prime Movie- Anabolic Life

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
This was a pretty interesting movie. It was not 'good', but very curious to me because I have zero experience with steroids. Has anyone seen it? Are any parts of it true?

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Started off fantastic. Accurate and detailed. Then went after school special. Worst part, no ending to the story.

lifter6973

Reaction score
Well shit, now I gotta check it out
Edit, on second thought, I just watched the trailer. I will probably pass unless I get super bored.

dted23

Former Skinny Kid
Reaction score
Oh gosh, that trailer was so cringey and soapy.

If you enjoyed it, let us know, but it looks like a poorly developed PSA.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Oh gosh, that trailer was so cringey and soapy.

If you enjoyed it, let us know, but it looks like a poorly developed PSA.
It was awesome. I want to talk about my favorite parts don't want to ruin it for anyone.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
It was not 'good'
It was good to me because I'm living it.

How he kept looking in the mirror and seeing the scrawny Adam, they were showing us scrawny Adam and it wasn't till the end we find out how big he had gotten, everyone was telling him, he just couldn't see it.

How everything else in his life was shit, but he just went and hit the gym, his therapy.

Women come and go, gains are forever.. let her go.

I knew he was going to get sick, that needle was rusty af.

When he figured out that if this much is good more must be better and told the dealer he dropped it.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like I got a movie to view.

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score

How he kept looking in the mirror and seeing the scrawny Adam, they were showing us scrawny Adam and it wasn't till the end we find out how big he had gotten, everyone was telling him, he just couldn't see it.

How everything else in his life was shit, but he just went and hit the gym, his therapy.

When he figured out that if this much is good more must be better and told the dealer he dropped it.
Well now I want to ask you about your life but also don't want to spoil the movie. Let's give everyone till Friday to watch it.

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score

They have had long enough to watch it.

What parts of the movie relate to your life? Have steroids affected your relationships?

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
They have had long enough to watch it.

What parts of the movie relate to your life? Have steroids affected your relationships?
I grew up fat. My pants were husky from sears. I was in a religion where you do not play sports or have friends outside of the religion. No exercise, TV, video games, latch key kid afterschool snacks.

Just like Adam, I felt inadequate, a disappointment as a son. I knew my parents were embarrassed because I was so fat. I endured a lot of teasing, social awkwardness. I hate them and have not spoken to either of them in at least 25 years. I'm 48. It's dumb to now think about how I have spent/wasted so many years of my life hating myself.

In the conversation Adam had with his parents in the car, I had something similar in my early 20's. It was my opinion then that it was to make them feel better, appease their guilt.

Just like Adam, I work in a cubicle on a phone. So when he snapped on the guy and got fired I could relate to that feeling, at least once per day I feel like that and the compounds I'm on exaggerate it.

Adam reached a point where if this much is good more would be even better. Goes to the dealer and lies about dropping the vial to get more. I relate to that. My first cycle was supposed to be 500mg test c for 16 weeks. Somehow it's morphed into 800mg test c, 500mg NPP, 500mg tren, 350mg dbol. There was nobody to tell me no, as Adam had.

Throughout the movie every time we see Adam he is still scrawny. Till the very end when we learn he's much bigger, he just can't see it. I relate to this I am still 400lbs with hips that are wider than my shoulders when I look in a mirror or see my shadow or in the reflection of a glass door I'm walking up to. I spend a lot of time wondering if any of this is even working.

It could easily affect my relationship with my wife. I'm working hard and making it a point to not say the crazy things I'm thinking. I understood going in to expect it so I talk myself down "this is all in your mind".

I feel isolated, cold, alone. Exactly as we leave Adam in the bathroom.

I only care about my mission and purpose.

Badleroybrown

Reaction score
Does anybody remember the after school special with Ben Aleck about the either high school football or a wrestler. If it’s as bad as that I have to watch this. Maybe it will change my views.. I doubt it.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Does anybody remember the after school special with Ben Aleck about the either high school football or a wrestler. If it’s as bad as that I have to watch this. Maybe it will change my views.. I doubt it.
it may be even worse. takes itself very seriously.

dted23

Former Skinny Kid
Reaction score
I grew up fat. My pants were husky from sears. I was in a religion where you do not play sports or have friends outside of the religion. No exercise, TV, video games, latch key kid afterschool snacks.

Just like Adam, I felt inadequate, a disappointment as a son. I knew my parents were embarrassed because I was so fat. I endured a lot of teasing, social awkwardness. I hate them and have not spoken to either of them in at least 25 years. I'm 48. It's dumb to now think about how I have spent/wasted so many years of my life hating myself.

In the conversation Adam had with his parents in the car, I had something similar in my early 20's. It was my opinion then that it was to make them feel better, appease their guilt.

Just like Adam, I work in a cubicle on a phone. So when he snapped on the guy and got fired I could relate to that feeling, at least once per day I feel like that and the compounds I'm on exaggerate it.

Adam reached a point where if this much is good more would be even better. Goes to the dealer and lies about dropping the vial to get more. I relate to that. My first cycle was supposed to be 500mg test c for 16 weeks. Somehow it's morphed into 800mg test c, 500mg NPP, 500mg tren, 350mg dbol. There was nobody to tell me no, as Adam had.

Throughout the movie every time we see Adam he is still scrawny. Till the very end when we learn he's much bigger, he just can't see it. I relate to this I am still 400lbs with hips that are wider than my shoulders when I look in a mirror or see my shadow or in the reflection of a glass door I'm walking up to. I spend a lot of time wondering if any of this is even working.

It could easily affect my relationship with my wife. I'm working hard and making it a point to not say the crazy things I'm thinking. I understood going in to expect it so I talk myself down "this is all in your mind".

I feel isolated, cold, alone. Exactly as we leave Adam in the bathroom.

I only care about my mission and purpose.
Eazy, I’m sorry man. That all sounds so difficult and heartbreaking.

YOU are not defined by your size or appearance. While we should take responsibility for our well-being, our identity should go much deeper.

Your wife chose you. You have achieved things in life.

You have also made sooooo much progress man. The mirror lies, the demons whisper deceit, and our eyes mislead. It’s clear to everyone that you’ve transformed.

Be content with your great progress, continue to aim higher.

There may always be another peak, but as long as we recognize the journey we have taken and the altitude we’ve reached, discontentment was left behind at sea-level.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
YOU are not defined by your size or appearance.
I really liked the movie because I understand the idea of spending your whole life hating yourself because of how you look.

Then discovering a way to change it!

I appreciate the kind words.

I can't agree with you about not being defined by size and appearance. Especially in sales, what I do for work.

It's part of our biology to defer to a man who is bigger and physically imposing. Life is better for a handsome man.

While I can't fix/change my face, I can do everything possible to be in the best shape of my life.

One interesting thing did happen to me. I've spent 40 years thinking I would be happy if I just got abs. Got some, didn't make me happy. Funny how that works.

dted23

Former Skinny Kid
Reaction score
I really liked the movie because I understand the idea of spending your whole life hating yourself because of how you look.

Then discovering a way to change it!

I appreciate the kind words.

I can't agree with you about not being defined by size and appearance. Especially in sales, what I do for work.

It's part of our biology to defer to a man who is bigger and physically imposing. Life is better for a handsome man.

While I can't fix/change my face, I can do everything possible to be in the best shape of my life.

One interesting thing did happen to me. I've spent 40 years thinking I would be happy if I just got abs. Got some, didn't make me happy. Funny how that works.
Still chasing abs too.

Other people’s reactions to us do matter, yes. But we still are not defined by their perceptions.

Certainly helps though.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Still chasing abs too.

Other people’s reactions to us do matter, yes. But we still are not defined by their perceptions.

Certainly helps though.
says the swole, handsome man, with full beard. 😆

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Does your wife know that you use drugs?
yes. when I started TRT I wrote down every sarm, supplement, and the test dosages I reviewed it with her so that if I had a heart attack or other adverse event and couldn't speak for myself she could tell them exactly what I had been taking.

I keep the same logbook. No need to review it with her. I soon discovered I probably wasn't going to drop dead from an injection.

Fast forward to 6/14/2021. I tell her I am going to try the most powerful steroid known to man. It changes you and your attitude and to watch me if I become short, unloving, triggered, argumentative, or any other concerning behavior outside my character.

The very next day I don't answer her text as quickly as usual.
mrs eazy: "it's that stuff, you've changed"
me: "sweetie. 12 hours after the first injection is not enough time for it to saturate my blood and have any effect. thank you for paying good close attention"
mrs eazy: "I was just kidding"

it's going to be a funny inside joke for a long time.

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
Can you tell a difference since taking the new drug compared to what you took previously?