An older newbie...sort of

Reaction score
Hey all, I just turned 61 and while I've been a gym rat for about 45 years I am now on TRT and wanted to finally start some PEDs to get some more gains. I am 6'3" and currently 255 having just lost 40 pounds of fat with diet and a small amount of cardio. I have just altered my routine to the Mentzer Heavy Duty approach as I was doing a standard 9-12 sets per bodypart twice weekly. Now 2 warm up sets and one - two sets to failure per bodypart. Aside from a niggling tricep tendon in the left arm, no injuries.

All my bloods are good, BP perfect, pulse rate 60. I have been on approximately 200mg of Test Cyp weekly split into 2 for about 8 months and I got some anavar that I've been on for about 6 weeks at 50mg a day.

I can access gear in Mexico (hence the Anavar) and I was thinking of this as a stack (after a month off the Anavar).

400 Mg week of test cyp.
50 mg day of Anavar.
HGH (dose?)
Deca 300mg week.
Dbol 15mg day.

I would very much appreciate any thoughts you may have on any of this.

Reaction score
Hey all, I just turned 61 and while I've been a gym rat for about 45 years I am now on TRT and wanted to finally start some PEDs to get some more gains. I am 6'3" and currently 255 having just lost 40 pounds of fat with diet and a small amount of cardio. I have just altered my routine to the Mentzer Heavy Duty approach as I was doing a standard 9-12 sets per bodypart twice weekly. Now 2 warm up sets and one - two sets to failure per bodypart. Aside from a niggling tricep tendon in the left arm, no injuries.

All my bloods are good, BP perfect, pulse rate 60. I have been on approximately 200mg of Test Cyp weekly split into 2 for about 8 months and I got some anavar that I've been on for about 6 weeks at 50mg a day.

I can access gear in Mexico (hence the Anavar) and I was thinking of this as a stack (after a month off the Anavar).

400 Mg week of test cyp.
50 mg day of Anavar.
HGH (dose?)
Deca 300mg week.
Dbol 15mg day.

Welcome.

Your training sounds good and it sounds like you’ve already put the work in on diet. So drugs are the next logical step.

All steroids work essentially the same way so it really comes down to avoiding or managing side effects. A good rule of thumb for running these things is to make it easy to self-diagnose. Something I run fine might give you a list of side effects. So always considering adding just one compound at a time to see how it affects you and to see how it works for you.

You have a decent idea of how testosterone works for you with TRT. But how does your body respond with double that dose? That’s a simple blast. If it works great and sides are minimal then that’s all you’ll really need to run.

But if that same blast gives you bad estrogen side effects that are tough to manage, then you’ll need to look at running a different compound with a TRT level of testosterone. So in this case, your TRT dose of 200 mg/week and anavar would be a good option, see how that works. Simple. Or you could run your TRT dose with 300 mg/week of Deca.

It’s self-experimentation so you want to keep everything easy to adjust.

HGH can be run at anytime. But it takes a long time to see the gradual effects. 2 iu/ day for replacement or longevity effects or better sleep/skin/hair. 4 iu for changing effects (whether building mass or losing fat). HGH isn’t nearly as effective as steroids though.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Your training sounds good and it sounds like you’ve already put the work in on diet. So drugs are the next logical step.

All steroids work essentially the same way so it really comes down to avoiding or managing side effects. A good rule of thumb for running these things is to make it easy to self-diagnose. Something I run fine might give you a list of side effects. So always considering adding just one compound at a time to see how it affects you and to see how it works for you.

You have a decent idea of how testosterone works for you with TRT. But how does your body respond with double that dose? That’s a simple blast. If it works great and sides are minimal then that’s all you’ll really need to run.

But if that same blast gives you bad estrogen side effects that are tough to manage, then you’ll need to look at running a different compound with a TRT level of testosterone. So in this case, your TRT dose of 200 mg/week and anavar would be a good option, see how that works. Simple. Or you could run your TRT dose with 300 mg/week of Deca.

It’s self-experimentation so you want to keep everything easy to adjust.

HGH can be run at anytime. But it takes a long time to see the gradual effects. 2 iu/ day for replacement or longevity effects or better sleep/skin/hair. 4 iu for changing effects (whether building mass or losing fat). HGH isn’t nearly as effective as steroids though.
Very much appreciated, detailed answer and easy to understand 😃

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground sir!!!

Reaction score

400 Mg week of test cyp.
50 mg day of Anavar.
HGH (dose?)
Deca 300mg week.
Dbol 15mg day.

Welcome bro

New Threads