Animal Fats for optimal health. Good read

Human_Backhoe

Photoshop Picasso
Reaction score
As some of you fucks know, I have a herd of grass fed beef and produce most of my own food and am working to do more like that for my family. I read a lot of small studies but this one was the first summary that I thought was well enough put together to post here.

Almost all of the fats I consume are animal fats. Including the ghee I use to cook my eggs etc. Besides home made sourdough all my carbs are from fruit and veg.

Want to hear your guys thoughts on eating a ton of meat. I know it's probably not for everyone but let's hear why.

Butch_C

Pony Boy
Reaction score
I lost a ton of weight on a carnivore diet and my bloodwork was great, when I started adding in things like bread and rice, my LDL shot up. For me I can eat bacon, beef, pork, chicken, butter, it doesn't matter until I add in high glycemic carbs then it all goes to shit. If I stick to mostly veggies and berries I am good. I can go the other way and stay away from fatty animal meats and add in some high glycemic carbs and I am ok too.

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
As some of you fucks know, I have a herd of grass fed beef and produce most of my own food and am working to do more like that for my family. I read a lot of small studies but this one was the first summary that I thought was well enough put together to post here.

Almost all of the fats I consume are animal fats. Including the ghee I use to cook my eggs etc. Besides home made sourdough all my carbs are from fruit and veg.

Want to hear your guys thoughts on eating a ton of meat. I know it's probably not for everyone but let's hear why.
Mary Moon... she's a vegetarian
Mary Moon... will outlive all the septuagenarians
Oh, she loves me so
She hates to be alone
She don't eat meat
But she sure like the bone

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have a good answer. I am a meat guy but only because I like meat (no homo). This will never change.

I've also noticed meat I've gotten straight from the farm seems to taste better and hamburger especially seems to have less fat.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Ain't nothing wrong with snacking on some good wholesome grass fed beef now and then ,,, its the best way to get em to Mooo'oooohh'Ohhh'ooooooh
grass fed.jpg

New Threads