Barbell Standard Orders?

sfw509

Reaction score

Has anyone ever ordered plates from here? Prices are decent. I've just never seen this site before.

Thanks for any input.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

Has anyone ever ordered plates from here? Prices are decent. I've just never seen this site before.

Thanks for any input.
I've been getting BOMBARDED with emails from this company, and I've never bought anything from them, or even heard of them....I'm skeptical. 🤔🤔🤔

I've obviously seen Standard plates, but no idea if it's the same company, or part of a scam to fake name recognition.

sfw509

Reaction score
Yeah, thats what im thinking. I'll likely spend the extra $9 and order a pair of plates from rogue.

flenser

Elite
Reaction score
They may or may not be legit, but they are definitely spammers. That pretty much makes me want to buy from someone else.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
They may or may not be legit, but they are definitely spammers. That pretty much makes me want to buy from someone else.
THIS has always been my reaction to things in general. That said, I suffer from ObsessiveConsumer Shopping Disorder, and have added plates to my garage gym from various places at various times since Covid Early 2020.

At THAT time, they were reputable, sent me apprx. 45lb cast iron plates in a good t/a and @ competitive prices. Their plates did not say "Rogue," "Titan," or "York," on the sides, but they all weighed about what they were supposed to.

I never checked anybody's plate on a scale; they all make me sweat, grunt, and say "aw, fuck!" like I expect them to, regardless of brand, so caveat emptor.

flenser

Elite
Reaction score
THIS has always been my reaction to things in general. That said, I suffer from ObsessiveConsumer Shopping Disorder, and have added plates to my garage gym from various places at various times since Covid Early 2020.

At THAT time, they were reputable, sent me apprx. 45lb cast iron plates in a good t/a and @ competitive prices. Their plates did not say "Rogue," "Titan," or "York," on the sides, but they all weighed about what they were supposed to.

I never checked anybody's plate on a scale; they all make me sweat, grunt, and say "aw, fuck!" like I expect them to, regardless of brand, so caveat emptor.
Oh man, during the COVID lockdown months I was buying standard 1" plates, machining them for the 2" bar, and still paying $2+ per pound. I never weighed a single plate. Don't care, don't want to know, lol.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Oh man, during the COVID lockdown months I was buying standard 1" plates, machining them for the 2" bar, and still paying $2+ per pound. I never weighed a single plate. Don't care, don't want to know, lol.
Lmao. I wanted to cyber-bitchslap the occasional guys I saw posting in various places about buying shit dirtcheap from neighbors, junkyards, or whatever. I DO have that Compulsive shopping Disorder I mentioned, but I also don't trust random fuckers from here, there, and everywhere, so I stayed online with companies I knew. All through COVID 2020-2021, the prices for plates has varied only a little ... it's the availability that has varied quite a bit.

I never heard of Barbell Standard, but they heard of my email addy mid-2020 when No-Shipping-Titan had no availability and Rogue either also had avaiability problems and/or toxic shipping charges, so I bit. My sorta recommendation here is based on a single pair of 45lb cast irons, but the company was A-ok around mid-2020.

If you put shit on a credit card (not a debit card), you can always do a "charge-back" (disputed charge) with your Bank in a worst case scenario as long as you don't have a reputation for doing that constantly with your card issuer. I am guessing it would never come to that with Barbell Standard,but that's just my .02

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I should add I have a pair of cheap 20" threaded dbs from WalMart with threaded collars. They are 1" and I drove all over in my area to several WalMarts to collect 1" plates of different weights to use as 1" plates with no drilling intended. Availability, and lack thereof, blows.

During 2020, I was frantically assembling my gym with all the fervor of an alkie who hears Moe say "Last Call ........ "

sfw509

Reaction score
I appreciate the input from everyone.

A pair of Standard barbell 45's is $166 shipped.

A pair of Rogue 45's is $174 shipped.

I'm going to spend the extra $8 and go with the company I heard of before today (even if they do support cross fit...)

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
You guys been lifting long? Maybe I age myself, but out of my 34 45 pound plates at least a dozen of those are Barbell Standard plates. They are...drumroll.....45 pounds. I believe my 8 100 pound plates are as well Barbell Standard but I'd have to look. I can't vouch for that company today, as I haven't purchased plates in quite a few years.

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
I appreciate the input from everyone.

A pair of Standard barbell 45's is $166 shipped.

A pair of Rogue 45's is $174 shipped.

I'm going to spend the extra $8 and go with the company I heard of before today (even if they do support cross fit...)
Check out the strength co. I bought a bunch of plates from them recently and I’m very impressed by the quality. $195 for a pair of machined 45s. Finish on them is awesome.

New Threads