Been a while …..

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Not sure who all is left on here that may remember me, was on this damn site daily for a while years ago.
Anyway, I’m back, sort of. Need to get back in the workout game, have had a long time off if it due to some injuries. 2 surgeries, one of them on my shoulder, moved from NC back to PA , and a host of other bullshit that I think is finally over and I can focus on getting my fat ass back into some sort of shape other than round.

Stop in and say hey if you have any clue who I am, and to all the ones I don’t know. Greetings!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
so, since I’m up all night for night shift, figured I’d give some detail.

I’ve always had 2 bum shoulders but about a year and a half ago the left one got so bad I couldn’t lift a glass without pain. Just putting my arms up over the bar to get ready to squat was hard. Turns out I had had several tears and a bone spur in there.

I put surgery off for a long time but also stopped working out as well since I couldn’t do anything without a lot of pain.

Last august I bit the bullet and had the repair done. Did the rehab crap , I still have some minor pain in it but I don’t think that will ever go away,. But I’ve been hesitant to start lifting again out of fear of screwing it up.

But in the mean time I’ve turned into a damn marshmallow , gained about 20 pounds and feel like absolute trash so, back to the gym I go. Will be starting up again in the morning with a simple PPL routine.

I know it’s a long road ahead. But I’ve done it before and I owe a lot of people on this site thanks for what I was able to do before. Now I’m trying to repeat that, although now at 48 years old I’m expecting it to be a good bit tougher this time around lol.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome back, sir. You know what you're doing, be patient.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Welcome home !

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome home. Just take things one day at a time.

Janoy Cresva

Reaction score
so, since I’m up all night for night shift, figured I’d give some detail.

I’ve always had 2 bum shoulders but about a year and a half ago the left one got so bad I couldn’t lift a glass without pain. Just putting my arms up over the bar to get ready to squat was hard. Turns out I had had several tears and a bone spur in there.

I put surgery off for a long time but also stopped working out as well since I couldn’t do anything without a lot of pain.

Last august I bit the bullet and had the repair done. Did the rehab crap , I still have some minor pain in it but I don’t think that will ever go away,. But I’ve been hesitant to start lifting again out of fear of screwing it up.

But in the mean time I’ve turned into a damn marshmallow , gained about 20 pounds and feel like absolute trash so, back to the gym I go. Will be starting up again in the morning with a simple PPL routine.

I know it’s a long road ahead. But I’ve done it before and I owe a lot of people on this site thanks for what I was able to do before. Now I’m trying to repeat that, although now at 48 years old I’m expecting it to be a good bit tougher this time around lol.
Greetings from a fellow bartender! 20 lbs isn't too bad brudda you'll be back in a few months

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
LOL , im not a bartender, im a registered nurse

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It’s been a long time. Welcome back

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Only differance between a nurse and a common cold?
Not everyone has had a cold.

New Threads