Been On for 13 years - worried about long term health

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Looking for advice as I've been using for various gear for about 14 years without proper PCT.
I did a few cycles where I would come off properly but I was young at 21 and dumb and continued through and haven't stopped due to the worry of having low test and my body shutting down after years of abuse.

I started at 21 and I am now 35 years old.
I haven't done anything harder than Testosterone E for the past 5-6 years but I haven't come off. I would either keep on 250mg per week or right now I am doing 250mg every 4 days to keep levels consistent. The first few years I started test I was doing larger cycles like Test/Tren/Deca/Dbol etc......
I was young when I started and didn't care too much about life and now that I have the woman of my dreams, I can't imagine leaving her alone in this world so I really need to get my act together

I did some research and long term use could lead to stroke, cardiac issues, prostate cancer and I would like to not have to continue to take it but i feel stuck.
I've been with the love of my life for 13 years now and it's a constant worry of hers and one i share as I want to spend as much time on this planet with her as I can.

I am at a loss of what I should. I have stopped before for a couple months but I found I was tired, upset, libido was really down and I was researching that low testosterone can cause just as much, if not more issues than high test.

All that being said I was wondering if there is any light at the end of the tunnel for me and what people would suggest? I know I am far past a PCT cycle to kickstart anything back but I want to live a long and full life and I don't want to constantly be worried about this as I don't want to leave my precious wife alone in this world without me.

I use to be into bodybuilding and I am 6 foot and was 235lbs when I met her (13 years ago) but now I probably 190lb and lean and I don't need to be stacking various gear for results as I am only looking to be healthy and not a beast.

Can anyone lend me advice?
I know I am probably shortening my life by continuing this one and I am ready to leave the shame behind and find a solution?

I am wondering if there is ever a chance of getting my own levels of test back?
I am wondering what to do next?
I am wondering how much at risk I am?
Should I be seeing an endocrinologist or a doctor?
Should I keep buying my underground test-e and doing a certain limit each week and getting blood work?
Should I be getting a script?
Is there anything I can be doing to live a longer life?

I've been fighting with this for years but I keep telling myself that it's going to be okay or possibly nothing can be done to help me..... can anyone lend any advice to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much for reading my story and I look forward to all the feedback, comments and advice.
Have a great day

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Quote...
"am wondering if there is ever a chance of getting my own levels of test back?
I am wondering what to do next?
I am wondering how much at risk I am?
Should I be seeing an endocrinologist or a doctor?
Should I keep buying my underground test-e and doing a certain limit each week and getting blood work?
Should I be getting a script?
Is there anything I can be doing to live a longer life?"

Best Choice:

You probably won't fully recover your natural levels, but the only way to find out it to see your Dr/endo and try a protocol and see what happens.

If you don't recover, you'll probably be scripted TRT, which will be closer to 100-150mg per week. Bloodwork will dial in your dosage. And your Dr can monitor your health.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
No you will most likely not recover...you will now most likely need trt for life...to get this you will have to
1 come off and get a doctor to put you on
2 do tons of research and get your own bloodwork and then do your own trt.

Wither way you are going to have to come off if you wanna know what your baseline is.

As long as you've been on maybe you just start try and get bloods done couple times a year...id come off tho so I can know where I was and what dose I need to sustain normal levels.

Reaction score
I’ll do whatever it takes but doing TRT will this still potentially shorten my life expectancy?

Reaction score
Thank you!
how long would one come off before getting bloodwork to see where my baseline is?
what negative effects may I notice coming off cold turkey?
Also when taking bloodwork what are the main things to ask to check? Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Could potentially LENGTHEN it. Low Test levels have been associated with health risks as well. Too much or too little is not best, there's a happy middle ground.

well that’s comforting to hear. I don’t mind doing what i Need to do to ensure my longest life.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
All you need is a replacement dose of trt. You don’t need what you are taking now to maintain 190 pounds.

A reasonable dose will not pose a health risk. The 13 years you spent on without a break are in the past. Nothing you can do but maintain a healthy lifestyle from here on.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Thank you.
I’m very healthy outside of this. Barely eat meat except thanksgiving etc. All organic and veggie heavy. Exercise everyday and doing what I can.

just curious what’s a healthy TRT dose.
also with test E do I do 2 shots a week to get dose to keep consistent levels or once a week etc?

thanks for all the help.
really appreciate it

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
What’s healthy about not eating meat?

Thank you.
I’m very healthy outside of this. Barely eat meat except thanksgiving etc. All organic and veggie heavy. Exercise everyday and doing what I can.

also with test E do I do 2 shots a week to get dose to keep consistent levels or once a week etc?

thanks for all the help.
really appreciate it

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thank you.

thanks for all the help.
really appreciate it

I recommend you go see a urologist or Endo and get a Rx.

100-150 per week injecting once per week is adequate for most men.

Reaction score
What’s healthy about not eating meat?

meats aren’t bad if you are getting organic and ethically sourced otherwise there are tons of studies linking it to many issues.

to each their own.
I still eat meat once in awhile but the majority of people are getting from factory farms where Animals are abused releasing tons of cortisol and adrenaline into their bodies which become part of the meat you are eating. Also full of antibiotics and hormones which aren’t natural - organic meats are good I heard. Plus it’s just something that I feel better about with health and morally - not knocking it.

Have a good one

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
meats aren’t bad if you are getting organic and ethically sourced otherwise there are tons of studies linking it to many issues.

to each their own.
I still eat meat once in awhile but the majority of people are getting from factory farms where Animals are abused releasing tons of cortisol and adrenaline into their bodies which become part of the meat you are eating. Also full of antibiotics and hormones which aren’t natural - organic meats are good I heard. Plus it’s just something that I feel better about with health and morally - not knocking it.

Have a good one

No issues with you not eating much meat....more for us! :32 (20):

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Test e is fine once a week

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
do you eat fish?

to each their own.

Have a good one

ftf

Reaction score

thanks for all the help.
really appreciate it

14 years using and you never bothered to learn about Test? Did you ever get blood work in 14 years? How did you even source your gear, from the same website?
I'm relatively new here also and don't mean to be a dick but... 14 years and you are asking super noob questions.

Hell I guess I do mean to be a dick. Someone needs to give you a hard time about this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No I don’t eat fish and also fish is one of the worst due to all the crap in our oceans and waterways. Tuna and swordfish especially bad for mercury poisoning.
hopefully people smarten up and take care of our oceans.

Once again to each their own. I don’t judge I appreciate peoples decisions.

im organic and healthy living yet I ****ed myself with gear so ... ya LOL

Reaction score
I’ve done pct at the start and stopped.
came off once and got blood work done but was feeling so down ans depressed, couldn’t walk up stairs without being winded so told myself I can’t be like this and started back before doctor called me in which took a month extra.

I just thought cruising with test only would be fine and tried not to worry.

I started at a point in my life where I didn’t care about Living or dying and that all changed. Now I’m worried my libido will disappear and strain my relationship which is my life now.

appreciate the comment though.
I deserve all things coming at me.

New Threads