Bench Holding Me Back

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Hmm.
Sitting I tried to squeeze my shoulder blades together, it’s tough. I’ve been trying to pinch my shoulders back (near the top) and the lower my shoulder blades downward towards my butt. Like I’m trying to get my shoulder blades to touch my tailbone. That cue hasn’t really done much for me.

I think your suggesting that I squeeze the shoulder blades together at top, Middle, and bottom?

Its frustrating because you can only read so much and hope it clicks. I only just now realized I was scooting even the worse direction this most recent time.

Today I definitely preemptively slammed rows before reading this: https://youtube.com/shorts/byN669CIkfE?feature=share
Umm NOOO, LOL.

You'll get it.

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
Alternating, barbell, dumbbell and seated rows was our staple, shit I hated them heavy dumbbell rows.

You are correct about the lats, big player in all 3 lifts.

This guy is fresh and couldn't bench yet until this thread.

My above post is more for him to read and know there is way more to it then lying on a bench, unracking weight and pressing it.

right there with you on hating one arm dbell rows. Brutal exercise.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
For the most part I suck at online communication so I hope that video did it for you, upper back anchored, lats in the air lol, lower back is basically protecting. 3 different purposes.

Squeezing / pinching shoulder blades back, the lats do the same but 1st the upper as you get wedged under the bar.

Reason why I emphasize upper 1st is the lats will really come into play as you get even tighter, bending the bar and bringing it down. So as it may feel as it may be setting up together the lats will get engaged even more so after. They are setting up together but point is your not done with the lats as everything else doesn't change beside your arms and leg drive.

New Threads