BEST CARDIO MACHINE TO DESTROY BODYFAT...

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Your thoughts? I prefer the step mill, always avoided it, but now.... there is no other cardio that compares.

1/2 hour on the step mill is like 1 hour on anything else.
  • TREADMILL
  • BIKE
  • ELLIPTICAL
  • STEPMILL AKA STEPMASTER
  • OTHER
Step mill is a mfker

almostgone

Elite
Reaction score
For me, the most productive cardio is dropping unwanted trees, hauling brush, etc. on my land. Unfortunately, weather doesn't allow for that, so I'll use what I have.

A treadmill and add in plenty of burpees in a HIIT fashion. LOL, I'm too old to keep that shit up continuously for very long.

Reader591

Reaction score
If we are just talking burning calories here, to me, nothing compares to household chores. Cut the grass, wash the car and truck, work on whatever needs worked on (always something right?) playing with my son, going to the park, swimming in the lake when warm enough lol. Just being generally active at home seems to do it for me. Conditioning is a different story, but seems we are talking about burning calories here. I can easily get 15-20k steps just staying busy, but good luck trying to move that much for your entire life trying to go to the gym and burn it out. Some do, and that’s great. Most won’t for more than a period of time.

I personally like the gym for conditioning, strength training, or any high intensity work I want to do. Otherwise I go home for just burning calories. Better balance in my mind.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The right / best kind of cardio exercise is the one that you'll do consistently over years ... I laugh when people say they do none .. the reality is your heart is a muscle and cardio work benefits heart health directly ...

In my 50's and log steps ... it is amazing just how sedentary a white collar lifestyle is ... I can literally get less than 1,000 steps if I do not make an effort to get more (I aim for 10K but always get more than 6K) .. I go for 2 - 15 walks daily and try for 30 minutes elliptical machine in the gym 4 times per week with resistance training.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Everything I just said being considered, I personally always want to be ready to tackle 20 flights of stairs easily haha!
Switch gyms and now have access to one again. Have yet to get on. That initial push to stay on for a minimum of 20 minutes is a rough journey lol.

Reaction score
Rowing machine really for me, Step climb will fuck you up too... 90 min on step climb will destroy fat keep most muscle not getting the heart rate up to much like a row.

Beti ona

Reaction score
If we are just talking burning calories here, to me, nothing compares to household chores. Cut the grass, wash the car and truck, work on whatever needs worked on (always something right?) playing with my son, going to the park, swimming in the lake when warm enough lol. Just being generally active at home seems to do it for me. Conditioning is a different story, but seems we are talking about burning calories here. I can easily get 15-20k steps just staying busy, but good luck trying to move that much for your entire life trying to go to the gym and burn it out. Some do, and that’s great. Most won’t for more than a period of time.

I personally like the gym for conditioning, strength training, or any high intensity work I want to do. Otherwise I go home for just burning calories. Better balance in my mind.

I am the opposite, I am lazy and I do not like to do tasks or work of any kind.

buck

Reaction score
Step mill seems like ti would be the best as you are lifting your body weight away from gravity with every step as long as you are not holding onto the rails. The studies i have seen judging all the other equipment shows with everything being equal i.e. same amount of perceived exertion, that the treadmill at an angle burns the most calories as one is moving their weight away from gravity.

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
It’s sprinting for me, use a a couple parachutes on a windy day it’ll wipe u out

Reaction score
If you're looking for a cardio machine to help you burn fat, I'd definitely recommend checking out the rowing machine! It's a great total body workout that engages your arms, legs, and core while also providing a great cardio workout. Ultimately, the best cardio machine for you will depend on your personal preferences and fitness goals. It's important to find something that you enjoy doing and that you'll stick with consistently in order to see results.

New Threads