Cabergoline long term use - help coming off

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Hey guys

So, I did a cycle with deca December 2019 and it lasted 3 months into February 2020.
I also did another deca cycle around august 2020 for 3 months

I blast and cruise for the last 4 years but this last 7 months since the start of 2021 I decided I want to ease up big time on juice and look after my health more.

I’ve been reckless with steroids when I was younger for sure. This year I’m staying off all cycling and just cruising at 200mg a week test. I went through a phase of obsession with bodybuilding and powerlifting but it’s come to an end I believe and I’m happy with that because as fun as it was it came with alot of problems from PED use.

the problem now is I’ve been using caber 0.5mg twice a week or at least ever 5/6 days for the past 18 months since I started that deca cycle. I’ve been thinking seriously about doing an intense PCT and coming off my cruise for good but haven’t fully decided if I want to go through the psycological trauma of that kind of pct after a long b&c yet.

but basically I decided to stop the caber as it was not needed anymore, about 3 weeks ago and I don’t feel depressed but I definitely notice my dopamine or serotonin levels seem to be way down. Not sure which it is but I just don’t feel right. And everything externally in my life is great like my health, girlfriend, friends, family, money thank God are all good.

can anyone give me guidance on if they think I’ve done serious damage to myself or will my brain chemicals balance themselves out in time?

im 22 years old

Thanks so much for any help guys

Adrenolin

Elite
Reaction score
I know a few people who've been on caber for extended periods of time to shrink pituitary tumors. You should recover, the body is pretty resilient at returning to homeostasis. Now while I say you should recover, it may not be to the extent that you were used to prior to abusing the caber and it's definitely gonna take some time to start leveling out.

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
I hope your right and it does come back. It will take time for sure. Is there any tests I can take to measure the levels in my brain?

I usually get regular blood panel but none the tests on it include brain chemical levels

OldeBull1

Reaction score
Following up; 1 month later, how you doing Steph?
I can't speak for caber, but when I got off antidepressants, it took me about 6 weeks to shake it off.
I don't know of any tests readily available for brain chemicals. I've received psychiatric treatment for over 10 years, and I have never had one. Usually they look at hormones.
Good luck, let us know how you are doing, and where you are headed next.

Lastly, you are 22. Good on you for self realization and being able to see your big picture health. On a plus side, at 22 you will rebound from most anything.

Reaction score
Take this for what it's worth...

When I came off 6 years of medical opioid use....1 year later I still wasn't right. The drug was 'long gone' from my system but after the 6 and 8 month mark I had a feeling like there was some receptor issues. As in my long-term use may had caused morphological changes to my dopamine receptors (specifically due to me taking opiates) and life wasn't allowing any time-outs at that period.

So I took a shot in the dark and went on some T.E. and within 24 hours went through a series of 'flushes' where I spent a long time on the toilet (felt like mini withdrawls again) but felt like a complete REAL detoxification because ever since, my brain works and 'feels' like it did before I ever popped a norco.

The bro-scientist in me says after you've let your body clear everything that you can, try a shot of test if things don't resolve themselves in time.

Edit: Didn't realize you were 22. I think if you just come off you have a high chance your body will simply rebound normally like nothing happened. Though I don't know anyone, including myself, who has ever taken caber.