Considering upgrading UG to Xenforo software

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I try to avoid change in general ... I am still using the default style to view the site ... I however may be an outlier ...

MR. BMJ

Elite
Reaction score
Like others stated, if it helps make it easier from the backend, or for moderation and posting, i'm all for it. I have no actual experience from a staff standpoint, but I have no issues with the program if it is the same that ProM uses. I think it took them a few weeks to iron the kinks out over there as members posted up issues, and it seems pretty smooth now.

I think I have issues multi-quoting over there, and that may be it. The PM system is good, just different from my experience....still easy. Actually, the search function has a few issues getting old posts from the prior system at times, but not always.....if that made sense.

I'm not sure how it all works from a phone, I only ever log on with my laptop.

You are good at what you do brother, so I have no concerns with you on top of it! Will be cool to see how it all goes.

I know Basskiller wants to upgrade WCBB after this term of his forum is up, so if it goes good, it will be good to relay over to him.

MR. BMJ

Elite
Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I try to avoid change in general ... I am still using the default style to view the site ... I however may be an outlier ...

I always use default at every board i'm on too.

....actually, I have not done that here yet though....lol.

lfod14

Reaction score
Don't know how I never saw this! XenForo is definitely a huge modernization, vBulletin hasn't kept up with the times.

Reaction score
Don't know how I never saw this! XenForo is definitely a huge modernization, vBulletin hasn't kept up with the times.
I love the clean look of Xenforo and compared to vBulletin it's a big difference.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love the clean look of Xenforo and compared to vBulletin it's a big difference.

That's what happens when your lead devs leave and start their own competing company.

Reaction score
That's what happens when your lead devs leave and start their own competing company.
Agreed.

If these devs were still there they'd most likely would want a solid rewrite of the software to improve look and feel. Xenforo is what vBulletin should have been.

lfod14

Reaction score
I the only one logging in waiting for the BOOM, no more vB!

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
The plan is to begin the migration on Tuesday this week. I will make a thread to collect all issues and requests and will depend on the community here to help weed out the issues and errors if there are any.

GSgator

Reaction score
I hate change with electronics. I’m still using a 16GB iPhone 5 lol.

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Ugbodybuilding will be going down late tonight and should be back online late tomorrow morning. When we come back up the forum will be run by Xenforo 2.3 which the newest, fastest and most secure forum software of today. The forum should look just like it does now however a little sleeker and you will be able to select from the current dark skin to a white based skin should you choose to. I'm also planning to add one or two more skins as the week goes on. I will need all of you to help with this transition. If you don't like something point it out. If we need something additional point it out now is the time for requests.

Please be patient while the migration is happening. Lets use this as an opportunity to make UG better than ever.

admin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So far this year Mugzy has:

Paid for all UGs hosting costs.
Stopped an ongoing DoS attack by purchasing new servers with internal firewalls
Upgraded UG to the newest software.

All this is out of his pocket. He doesn’t get a dime from this site (nor does he require any).

He is the opposite of every scummy board owner out there. There’s a reason this board is the best on the web.

It starts with Mugzy.

Last edited:

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
So far this year Mugzy has:

Paid for all UGs hosting costs.
Stopped an ongoing DoS attack by purchasing new servers with internal firewalls
Upgraded UG to the newest software.

All this is out of his pocket. He doesn’t get a dime from this site.

He is the opposite of every scummy board owner out there. There’s a reason this board is the best on the web.

It starts with Mugzy.

Thank you Jin. Its a bit of an expensive hobby however this forum is meant to be different. We do not want to bend our values for free gear or advertising fee's. Our mission is to provide an honest community for like minded members to share information, support and comradery while treating each other with respect as equal brothers/sisters in iron. This forum has tremendous community which is hard to accomplish. That because of all of you.

Eric Smith

Elite
Reaction score
Def! Number one. The few boards we are on not one goes far and beyond like Mugzy. We thank you and want you to know there is no limit on giving back. Mugzy you are def number one. I don’t know one board owner that goes the distance like Mugzy. We can’t thank you enough!!!!

Ugbodybuilding will be going down late tonight and should be back online late tomorrow morning. When we come back up the forum will be run by Xenforo 2.3 which the newest, fastest and most secure forum software of today. The forum should look just like it does now however a little sleeker and you will be able to select from the current dark skin to a white based skin should you choose to. I'm also planning to add one or two more skins as the week goes on. I will need all of you to help with this transition. If you don't like something point it out. If we need something additional point it out now is the time for requests.

Please be patient while the migration is happening. Lets use this as an opportunity to make UG better than ever.

admin

Last edited:

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Any questions about the migration?

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you want observed issues/concerns/questions/comments to go into a thread or PM'ed direct to you mugzy?

I will start a new thread tomorrow and there will be about 3 of us reading it to make changes.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Roger that. In that case, bring on the upgrade. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Jin