Cramping????

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I have never had an issue with cramps. Lately I can't even flex my calves without them cramping bad. And after deadlifts the other night I woke up around 2am my legs where cramped up so bad I woke up yelling. Scared the shit outta my girl. I drink a lot of water, around a gallon and a half a day. I also eat a bananas a lot. Just confused whats causing in. Anyone ever have similar cramps. Oh yeah it's also everyday with the calves, no matter what time of day I try to flex them automatic cramp.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1.5 gallons of water per day is excessive unless you're sweating like a PoB... I mean pig. Have a couple powerades.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok sounds good. I work in the sun all day so getreally thirsty

Reaction score
Dont know what supplements you're taking that might have that side..... but potassium supplement helps the severe cramps I get when on a keto calorie restricted diet. I take it ED skipping ever now again along with a multi. Stretching really helps me along with stretching while in a hot shower/sauna.

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Magnesium is great for cramps brother. Since taking magnesium i rarely get cramps anymore

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sodium. You need more of it.

Braw16

Reaction score
Listen to colt was having cramps like you would wake up and felt like someone took a bat to my legs. I started to take in a bit more sodium and they cleared pretty quickly

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad that worked out for you braw. You didn't hold any water either did you?

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good stuff guys.mi was also looking onto clomid as a culprit. It's weird cuz there is no say of cramps as a side effect but if u google it there is a ton of people asking. A lot of them recently started clomid and then have muscle spasms,cramps. My leg cramps also went with the start of my pct. don't know if connected but pretty interesting.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
add a pinch of sea salt and a tbsp glycerine to your gal water jug, (make sure it is USP grade glycerine). I used to have cramps like you speak of because I was eating extremely clean every day and not getting much if any sodium. I started adding that to my water and my lifts started going up, felt more hydrated then ever before, and wahla no more cramps.

hydration is VERY important, do it wrong and it can do more harm than good

Live2Train

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain bro. I was doing abs Thursday and my lower right ab locked up. It was locked up for about 45 seconds. After it eased up it felt like I had a damn hernia. It hurt like hell for a few days. My hams always cramp up when I hit them hard. I don't diet, so I'm sure I get plenty of sodium. My buddy was drinking 1 1/2 - 2 gallons of water a day and had water intoxication. Water can be considered a poison when overconsumed. It washes out the sodium in your body. POB made a good point. Drink some Powerade or Gatorade at work, and you could try Sams idea about adding some seasalt to your water. You need to replace the electrolytes that you are washing out with that high water consumption and perspiration. The guys in this forum are awesome and know what they are talking about. A little more sodium and some electrolytes and you should be good to go.

RoidGear.net

Latest posts