creatine monohydrate tips

Reaction score
hello everyone, today is my first time taking creatine monohydrate powder supplement. I began the loading phase. I read about possible dehydration so it is recommended to drink 2 liters of water. I only drank 1.25 liters today. Does apple juice count towards hydration or am i supposed to drink strictly water?

also, anyone have any tips of how to get the most benefits from creatine? should i train hard during loading phase as well? i have no body building friends so i am clueless about this supplement. I'm trying to get bigger and stronger faster. I was doing isolation work and i have increased my bench press by 44 pounds in 4 weeks with just whey protein plus eating and sleeping. Now i am introducing creatine to my routine and i want to get it right. any tips?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
You only drink 1.25 liters of water a day? Bro, you need to be focused on things other than creatine.

You're also overthinking it... Creatine doesn't need anything special to work. Put it in your body and don't think further about it.

And yes, you should always be training hard.. this is true regardless of any supplement you put in your body.

Btw, creatine isn't magical. It might give a trivial amount of strength, or it might do nothing. As a supplement it works, but we're talking like a 2% difference or something. Money is usually better spent elsewhere.

Reaction score
Thanks Send0. I appreciate the advice.

As to the water, i do not drink alot of water. I drink more apple juice than water. I usually only drink 1 liter of water after training. Is this bad? it seems like you think that i should be drinking alot more. LOL.

My daily routine of liquidation: a cup of coffee in the morning, five or six glasses of apple juice throughout the day and lots of milk. I rarely drink water.

Reaction score

As to the water, i do not drink alot of water. I drink more apple juice than water. I usually only drink 1 liter of water after training. Is this bad? it seems like you think that i should be drinking alot more. LOL.

My daily routine of liquidation: a cup of coffee in the morning, five or six glasses of apple juice throughout the day and lots of milk. I rarely drink water.
That's a lot of apple juice.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Well, you're drinking sugar and fat between the juice and milk. I'm not going to say that's good. Those calories could be put to much better use.

Try to get at least a gallon of water (4 liters) per day. Using zero calorie flavor packets is perfectly fine.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
That's a lot of apple juice.
That's a fuck ton of sugar... This is one 8oz glass of apple juice. So if he drinks 8oz at a time then nearly 700 calories of his diet comes from straight sugar 🤷‍♂️

No idea how much milk he's drinking, but I wouldn't be surprised to see similar numbers.

This is pretty common amongst new people who don't really understand food.

1000000665.jpg

Reaction score
true but i only weigh 158 pounds (i've gained 6 pounds since beginning training in April).

i guess i need to cut down on the apple juice. Damn! why you gotta burst my bubble?

but milk also has protein.

edit: I drink 3 or 4 glasses of milk per day.

Reaction score
true but i only weigh 158 pounds (i've gained 6 pounds since beginning training in April).

i guess i need to cut down on the apple juice. Damn! why you gotta burst my bubble?

you could also add a shitload of weight by eating five guys every day too but I don't know that I would recommend it.

Reaction score
well my dad was 6'1/2" and weighed 220 pounds and he was strong and tough. I've seen him pick up 200+ pound men by their throat. He never lifted weights, counted protein, took steroids or creatine or anything like that. He alot of meat and vegetables and drank beer all day with salt in it. His arms were 17 inches all from natural work )he was a roofer). I've watched him pick up four 80lb sacks of shingles and stack two on each shoulder then climb a ladder.

I have to get my calories from somewhere.

Reaction score
here is a bad photo of my apple juice label. My glass is about 250ml which is considered to be a portion on this label. So calories will be about 540 with 5 glasses.

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
i'm going cut back on the AJ thanks to all of your advice. I'll increase my water intake instead.

Reaction score
I prefer my water flavored with coffee, but I sometimes overdue it.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

There are better sources of protein than milk. Milk is kind of a shit source because of all the sugars and fats it contains

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
i'm going cut back on the AJ thanks to all of your advice. I'll increase my water intake instead.

It's a pretty classic gym bro practice to mix creatine with apple juice after a workout. Other than that, water is ideal.

buck

Reaction score
When i started using creatine in the early 90's i didn't notice a thing from it. But i was young and still making plenty of creatine on my own. Plus i was eating at least 2 ponds of meat a day, eggs for breakfast and a protein drink . So i may have been saturated already from all the creatine i was ingesting through those sources. These day s i don't load as saturation happens soon enough anyway.

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Use Kre-Alkalyn stuff. Easier on the stomach.

New Threads