creatine monohydrate tips

Reaction score
When i started using creatine in the early 90's i didn't notice a thing from it. But i was young and still making plenty of creatine on my own. Plus i was eating at least 2 ponds of meat a day, eggs for breakfast and a protein drink . So i may have been saturated already from all the creatine i was ingesting through those sources. These day s i don't load as saturation happens soon enough anyway.
my dad always ate alot of meat too. I imagine your a pretty strong guy. If i ate four chicken breasts for lunch then i feel full for the rest of the day. I have trouble eating alot. I've always been a skinny guy. My dad would make fun of me when he was in one his moods. I learned to accept his sarcasm and ignore it.

I'm not sure that i am creating enough creatine on my own at 51 years of age. I am growing stronger and larger since i started training in April but i'm not sure if has anything to do with creatine. I figure that i will give it a try and see what happens in the next few months...

Thanks for posting your experience with creatine and your opinion. Maybe this thread will help someone else down the road.

Reaction score
Use Kre-Alkalyn stuff. Easier on the stomach.
Thank you for the tip. I've not heard of this before your post. I'll add it to my list of supplements to try.

Thanks agin, goodfella. I appreciate your wisdom.

Reaction score
I used to take 5 gams a day years ago . It’s the gateway to steroids
I've already mentioned roids but my wife gets a little mad at me. I figure that at my age, i'm considering everything to help me reach my goals while my window of opportunity is still open...

buck

Reaction score
my dad always ate alot of meat too. I imagine your a pretty strong guy. If i ate four chicken breasts for lunch then i feel full for the rest of the day. I have trouble eating alot. I've always been a skinny guy. My dad would make fun of me when he was in one his moods. I learned to accept his sarcasm and ignore it.

I'm not sure that i am creating enough creatine on my own at 51 years of age. I am growing stronger and larger since i started training in April but i'm not sure if has anything to do with creatine. I figure that i will give it a try and see what happens in the next few months...

Thanks for posting your experience with creatine and your opinion. Maybe this thread will help someone else down the road.
Why would you eat 4 chicken breasts at lunch? Even 300-pound competitive bodybuilders don't do that.
Supplementing with creatine may have a benefit. It has been shown to be a part of many functions in the human body besides strength. I find diet is probably the most important thing. Muscle can't be made from carbs or fats. You can't make lead into gold. You have to take in protein to make protein.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You drink 1.25 L a day ? how u still alive bro ? lol
i'm a survivor. LOL. If you only knew... okay, i will tell a bit of background info.

quick recap: skinny guy my entire life. at one point in my 20s, i only weighed 135 lbs. From my teens into my thirties, i would eat only once per day. I swear that i live on coffee and cigarettes. I have drank 5-6 cups of coffee per day with cream and sugar for over 20 years. LOL. I rarely drink water. I eat fruit when possible and drink juice.

i have no idea how i am alive but i'm tough enough to survive poverty. I've been pretty poor at times in my life. No money, no friends, no girlfriends. LOL. a loser by definition.

i only drink water now after training. to me, 1liter of water is alot. Besides, it doesn't matter what i drink throughout the day because i pee it all out very quickly. I have asked if i have a medical issue or not but i never get an answer. I pee ALOT when i am drinking even coffee. I seem to be unable to retain liquids. I must have a fast metabolism.

To answer buck: Why would you eat 4 chicken breasts at lunch?
i train in the morning. i drink whey protein shake within 30 minutes after training. Then i eat protein two-to-three hours after whey. I often eat chicken. I get most of my my protein from the following:
cottage cheese, milk, whey protein shake, chicken, ground beef, turkey, ham, tuna fish, greek yogurt.

i eat oatmeal and white rice for carbohydrates.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
poverty big time
being alone for a long time
been there done that - u did not surprise me dude. also not relative to what im saying. no one gives a single flying f*ck about u or me.

drinking your effin water to grow and progress is like "A" for your ABC.

add 500ml for each day for the first week/month - then raise another 500ml- then again.
a grown male should drink atleast 4L a day IMO.

also it does not matter how fast u progress - take your time. Just don't stand still do nothing and hope for miracles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
also not relative to what im saying. no one gives a single flying f*ck about u or me.

bullseye!

because of my hardships, i care about you andy. I never let my difficulties in this life change my personality. I just have a better understanding of the majority of people in this world: they don't give a single flying f*ck about you or me.

meantime, i'm increasing my water intake starting now. No time to waste, my friend. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate you very much. Those bad people can't stand in your shadows (because you are too freeking large, that is to say, a better human being.)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
i'm a survivor. LOL. If you only knew... okay, i will tell a bit of background info.

quick recap: skinny guy my entire life. at one point in my 20s, i only weighed 135 lbs. From my teens into my thirties, i would eat only once per day. I swear that i live on coffee and cigarettes. I have drank 5-6 cups of coffee per day with cream and sugar for over 20 years. LOL. I rarely drink water. I eat fruit when possible and drink juice.

i have no idea how i am alive but i'm tough enough to survive poverty. I've been pretty poor at times in my life. No money, no friends, no girlfriends. LOL. a loser by definition.

i only drink water now after training. to me, 1liter of water is alot. Besides, it doesn't matter what i drink throughout the day because i pee it all out very quickly. I have asked if i have a medical issue or not but i never get an answer. I pee ALOT when i am drinking even coffee. I seem to be unable to retain liquids. I must have a fast metabolism.

i train in the morning. i drink whey protein shake within 30 minutes after training. Then i eat protein two-to-three hours after whey. I often eat chicken. I get most of my my protein from the following:
cottage cheese, milk, whey protein shake, chicken, ground beef, turkey, ham, tuna fish, greek yogurt.

Coffee and fruit, along with lots of other foods, have water in them. It's not only drinking water that counts.

As long as you're peeing very light yellow, you're adequately hydrated. You don't need/want it to be crystal clear, or dark yellow/orange.

There's no cookie cutter amount of water to drink, we're all different in our needs.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
bullseye!

because of my hardships, i care about you andy. I never let my difficulties in this life change my personality. I just have a better understanding of the majority of people in this world: they don't give a single flying f*ck about you or me.

meantime, i'm increasing my water intake starting now. No time to waste, my friend. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate you very much. Those bad people can't stand in your shadows (because you are too freeking large, that is to say, a better human being.)
thanks I appreciate the kind words Sir!
Hope u do good. And if we can help with any advice - go ask away

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Eating is just practice, and forcing yourself to getting used to being uncomfortably full... Or breaking things out into smaller meals.

I used to not be able to eat a lot either until I forced myself to do it. Now I get hungry and want to eat the amount of food I need to grow. Same with drinking water.

All I see in this post are excuses.

Everyone thinks they can't do something until they sit down and really force themselves to do it. Over time, the mindset of "I can't do it" becomes "my body is thirsty" or "my body is hungry", and you'll want to eat and drink.

Keep force feeding yourself, and keep force yourself to drink even if you're uncomfortable... You need to get used to this in order to do better. It's no different than trying to grow muscle, it takes a lot of practice and effort to eat and drink. Push yourself harder to do it, just like you would in the gym.

Stop making excuses for yourself. I say this sincerely to help you. As long as you think this way you will just spin your wheels.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Coffee and fruit, along with lots of other foods, have water in them. It's not only drinking water that counts.

As long as you're peeing very light yellow, you're adequately hydrated. You don't need/want it to be crystal clear, or dark yellow/orange.

There's no cookie cutter amount of water to drink, we're all different in our needs.
He drinks apple juice and milk and coffee. I estimate at least 1/3 of his calories are liquid. Coffee is also a diuretic, so if he's drinking a ton then that doesn't help him much when it comes to hydration... We'll call it next neutral at best.

While he might be hydrated, his diet needs fixing. He also needs to fix this "8 can't do it" mind set.

Reaction score
Man I wish there was. Sometimes it feels like no matter how much water I drink it isn't enough. The only answer is more more more.

Reaction score
Stop making excuses for yourself. I say this sincerely to help you. As long as you think this way you will just spin your wheels.

not sure how you arrive at this sentiment. I see no excuses mentioned. My eating once per day was due to poverty not choice. I would've eaten three times per day but i had no money for food.

now i eat three times per day and three snack times between meals. I need to increase my water intake and i am doing that now. Today i will have drank 2 liters of water instead of one.

I get up everyday and train. No excuses. Some days are tougher than others but i don't complain or something. I'm happy to be growing bigger and stronger. I will to keep going.

I appreciate motivational tactics but i am motivated. I have no intentions of stopping. I am training regularly and focused on form. I will focus more on my diet and water intake. No worries. I enter machine mode when i train. Just get it done and get it done correctly. :)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
He drinks apple juice and milk and coffee. I estimate at least 1/3 of his calories are liquid.
Well that's dumb.
Coffee is also a diuretic, so if he's drinking a ton then that doesn't help him much when it comes to hydration... We'll call it next neutral at best.
Actually, CAFFEINE is a diuretic. Coffee is a net hydrator. If he were taking caffeine pills, I'd agree with you. Still not as hydrating as water, though, but it does count.
While he might be hydrated, his diet needs fixing. He also needs to fix this "8 can't do it" mind set.
He's a total mess, no doubt about it. 🤣

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Man I wish there was. Sometimes it feels like no matter how much water I drink it isn't enough. The only answer is more more more.

Are you consuming enough electrolytes during the day to replenish what is lost during sweat? If not, simply drinking lore water can make it worse. You'd be lowering your body's electrolyte concentration.

This is usually only a concern for very salty sweaters, and those who perform longer endurance work, or work in hot conditions. It can result in a condition called hyponatrenia, as low sodium is usually the issue. Could also get hypokalemia, which is low potassium.

Reaction score
Are you consuming enough electrolytes during the day to replenish what is lost during sweat? If not, simply drinking lore water can make it worse.

This is usually only a concern for very salty sweaters, and those who perform longer endurance work, or work in hot conditions.
It is definitely something I need to be considering.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
not sure how you arrive at this sentiment.

You keep mentioning how you can't drink, and how you can't eat much, and that "I have to get my calories from somewhere".

People who make excuses often don't recognize that they are doing it. I did it too when first starting out, and someone had to point this out to me as well.

Good luck

Reaction score
Tip: I do like the German made Creapure. I've gone through a couple different forms of creatine and various suppliers and the vast majority seem to just be chinese creatine and very few companies share COAs or testing results, even when their label says they test it but that's supplement companies for you.

buck

Reaction score
What is your caloric and macro breakdown per day?
If you are eating all that protein and a few chicken breasts for lunch that would be several hundred grams of protein. not just meat a day. I find most of my chicken breast go well over 8 oz. so eating 2+ pounds of meat just for lunch would be uncomfortable at least for me.

New Threads