Current Maxes for Big 3...

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
After 2 years of PIA injury (right rotator tear and impingement, and right knee partial-tear) I've patiently worked back up to these numbers that I tested with this past week.

AUG of 2019 I was using the empty bar and starting over. (And didn't move up for months).
Started to slowly add baby-weight as I healed up.

Tested this past SUN:

B - 315 raw, w/ a pause.
SQ - 425 x 3, deep with pause at bottom. (Felt easy and felt I could go up a bit here, used wraps).
DL - 485 (raw)

Bodyweight is 205 lbs.

My main goal at age 55 is to keep (or not lose) strength. (AS much as possible). TRT only...

But if I can go up a bit, I'm also happy with that. (while also not re-injuring).
Looking and lifting well
Very respectable total there,
Especially a guy that could easily cut to sub 200 for a meet.... not saying you would... but a 3 plate bench at Grand Master at sub 200 is definitly something to be proud of.
Thx Lifter, pic is recent, I took this one yesterday to include in a thread Snake started. Wife and I did power-cleans/hang-cleans for years. I may go back to doing them now that knee is better. Helps w/ conditioning.

I also like to include Over-Head presses, so I normally base my training around 9aht I call) the Big-4...

Fuck cleans etc
Way too hard on my back
I've tried Olympic, just leads to me getting hurt lmao
My training partner loves olmypic, so he always chirps me for my parallel squats
Hes ATG all day all night, with a respectable number too
As we age, it's smart to utilize supportive equipment so we can keep training and keep the wear and tear down to a degree. Sleeves for elbows and knees. Hell, even loose-fitting briefs help when squatting and pulling. These are not means of cheating.

Let me repeat that for the 100% raw zealots... supportive gear is NOT cheating. It's a way to allow us older lifters to keep doing what we love.

I don't see a single fucking reason not to train 99% of your lifts with gear
I dint even get under the bar (Bench or squat) without knee or elbow sleeves, period.
I'll even belt up unless I'm hitting chest hypertrophy on a CNS rest period.
These are my current lifts. I used to be stronger but COVID shut down the gyms here for a long ass time and I got a bit soft. The story of most of our lives I’m sure.

Squat: 500ish? Not sure because I don’t max out. Most recently I did 405 x 8

Front squat: 390

Bench: 365

OHP: 265

Deadlift: 515 x 2

Body weight: 235-240 lbs
Your fucking front squat lol
Bigger than my current squat lmao

Current Numbers at 215-220
Current Injuries : Torn Gluteus Maximus and Medius
Herniated disk in my lower back

The rest like 20% Tear ACL and torn cuff ETC are all old and dont stop me even a little.

Bench 365,
I hit 345 for a triple the other day, so a bit weak, I'll be aiming for a 335×6 or 7 in a weeks time,
Maybe I'll try for 370 or 375 next month as training allows it.

Squat 315 for 8 to 10
With the torn glute, I'm having a hard time building up PT says another 4 months before I'm ready to get back into the 400s and make my final push for an above 500 squat,
If all goes well after a round of high GH/BPC157/TB500 I'm hoping to reclaim my max this year and push to 500 the winter of 2022

DL 135lbs
Cant DL
Too fucked, I just hit 1 or 2 plates to keep in practice infamy form until I'm healed... I was never a big DLr anyways, so all good
Currently Rack pulling 5x5 or 5x8 with 495 just to keep upper back strength.
But it's an uphill battle right now to go higher
With the reduced DL programming my grip is down to a paltry 435 in a hook grip, havnt tried mix.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Your fucking front squat lol
Bigger than my current squat lmao
I was getting back up close to my PR. I hit 390 for a single pretty smoothly — I could probably do an even 400, but I want to be able to hit 385 for a double before I put more weight on the bar.

…aaaaand now the fucking gyms are closed.

You’ll get your squat and DL back. Just don’t go crazy and tear your ass again.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
I was getting back up close to my PR. I hit 390 for a single pretty smoothly — I could probably do an even 400, but I want to be able to hit 385 for a double before I put more weight on the bar.

…aaaaand now the fucking gyms are closed.

You’ll get your squat and DL back. Just don’t go crazy and tear your ass again.

Office gym is my shit.
Yeah, I dont even think about a 1RM ayyenot until the calculator says i have it.
So if my goal is 365 and i need to hit 355 for a triple....
I'll hit 355 for a Quad
Then make the 1RM attempt
Even then, I've failed PR attempts in the past, just like everyone else... even after being super cautious

Reaction score
335 bench with pause. First time trying this heavy of a pause. I got 355 touch and go with no bounce off the chest

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
That's a good lift and congratulations on it.

I realize it's unsolicited but two tips that might help.

1) your hand placement appears to be too close, which is fine as long as that's comfortable for you. Your elbows should form right angles at the bottom, which they don't with your current hand placement, so you can try moving your hands out gradually 1/2 a finger width at a time. That will use more chest/back muscle and less triceps (closer grip is more triceps). If it's comfortable for you then no big deal.

2) Dig your shoulder blades and traps into the bench. I imagine that I'm using my shoulder blades to grab the bench and I use my leg drive to press my traps back into the bench toward the spotter. This gets your arch closer to a decline angle and if you ever did decline bench you know you can press a little more at that angle.

Just minor technique suggestions. The strength is definitely there. Nice job.

Dnewell2004

Reaction score

1) your hand placement appears to be too close, which is fine as long as that's comfortable for you. Your elbows should form right angles at the bottom, which they don't with your current hand placement, so you can try moving your hands out gradually 1/2 a finger width at a time. That will use more chest/back muscle and less triceps (closer grip is more triceps). If it's comfortable for you then no big deal.

2) Dig your shoulder blades and traps into the bench. I imagine that I'm using my shoulder blades to grab the bench and I use my leg drive to press my traps back into the bench toward the spotter. This gets your arch closer to a decline angle and if you ever did decline bench you know you can press a little more at that angle.

All good.

If I go wider I get major shoulder pain. And I try and dig my should blades in but I haven't figured it out yet. Been working on that for years lol. They never stay.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score

Good points.

one thing I would add is lower the pin height just a notch if you can. This will allow you to get your shoulders and upper back tight and stay tight once you unrack.

Once you unracked, with the pin height that high, your upper back went flat. Good lift and keep pushing

New Threads