Delayed upper leg pain

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Just checked my insurance benefits. It says approval is not needed for any imaging at all.

So I'm guessing it depends on your specific insurance plan, and what they require.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just checked my insurance benefits. It says approval is not needed for any imaging at all.

So I'm guessing it depends on your specific insurance plan, and what they require.
All insurances in my area of the US are going to require authorization. Damn commies here

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If your area doesn’t require it… it’s coming. Along with bigger deductibles, copays & premiums. 😡

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I should have specified in my area… my bad.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As a FYI if you go with Geico for your auto insurance. I’d recommend you read your policy carefully. They are cheap, but you get what you pay for… they sell shit policy’s. You get in an accident & your coverage sucks. You’re kinda screwed.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Why would I look at any of your BS posted?

You are talking about something you know nothing about... That's why I said ignorant. That's not name calling it's fact.
Not really
You're confusing opinion with fact

The definition of ignorant is "Lack of understanding or information"
The colloquial definition is
"The forumlation of a stance or opinion when the facts are contrary to that opinion"

Ive provided hard data and facts that for specifically herniated disks, a chiro is worse than doing nothing.

I dont particularly care what you do with that
Just hopefully someone that doesnt bask in uninformed ignorance, believes in science and facts looks at it and sees the truth

Brother, I'm not here to change anyone's mind and most certainly someone that is that adamite on a subject as you are. I can only tell those who have not made their mind up that if done by a good Chiropractor, it can help you heal.

I recently had a dull hip pain that would wake me up at night. Went to my Ortho who did my shoulder a few years back and he sent me to a Chiropractor. He said give this guy a try, he has some new equipment that is 10x better than a TENS. He put me on this table that used magnets and then adjusted me. 6 visits and done.

My only point and the only literature i posted was to never go to a chiro for herniated disks
Thats not an opinion
Its a studied and documented fact.

For shoulers etc.. i can't find any documentation to say otherwise, so its possible that it generally works.

I need zero convincing and im not adamant about anything that i dont know, or cannot find literature to support

Id like to think thats a NORMAL approach to information.

Im happy he could fix your shoulder however, thats good news.

buck

Reaction score
DOMS is fairly normal from a hard work out. Had it happen many times. Usually goes away in another day or 2, but can last longer if there is more then the usual damage.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great response. I had a pinched nerve, the chiropractor is helping and I am getting better fast. Chiropractor has nutrition education and steered me away from foods that cause inflammation. Pasta, dairy, nuts, crackers. Going to more reps less weight. I personally feel chiropractors have a place but not always.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not really

"The forumlation of a stance or opinion when the facts are contrary to that opinion"

Ive provided hard data and facts that for specifically herniated disks, a chiro is worse than doing nothing.

Just hopefully someone that doesnt bask in uninformed ignorance, believes in science and facts looks at it and sees the truth

My only point and the only literature i posted was to never go to a chiro for herniated disks
Thats not an opinion

For shoulers etc.. i can't find any documentation to say otherwise, so its possible that it generally works.

I need zero convincing and im not adamant about anything that i dont know, or cannot find literature to support

Not really

Thats not an opinion

You're right! your ability to link studies that are only as good as the bias as the group paying for them. Is so much better than my almost 3 decades working in health care.

Keep posting those great studies. I fond them very informative. Maybe post up the COVID vaccine studies that say it's 90% effective in preventing COVID.

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score
Why are you trying to corelate a dispute over chiropractors with the COVID virus, vaccines and it's own issues? That doesn't even make sense.

Fyi chiropractors are quacks. Line them up with flat earthers.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Why are you trying to corelate a dispute over chiropractors with the COVID virus, vaccines and it's own issues? That doesn't even make sense.

Fyi chiropractors are quacks. Line them up with flat earthers.

Because he doesnt like being wrong
Pretty simple answer

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
You're right! your ability to link studies that are only as good as the bias as the group paying for them. Is so much better than my almost 3 decades working in health care.

Keep posting those great studies. I fond them very informative. Maybe post up the COVID vaccine studies that say it's 90% effective in preventing COVID.

Thats the thing
Words are easy to say words without data and proof.

Ive been in the healthcare industry for 100 years
See easy?
You even made blind statements of coverage that proved to be local at best.

and yeah, for covid
I would post a study beside it with natural immunity efficacy.
And beaide that i would post the side effect studies

As such, the truth would be that natural immunity is PROVEN to be superior with a non existant side effect panel and a low percentage of severe/fatal cases

But you knew that already right?
Of course you did

Well im done
No point in discussion if the person is ignorant and doesnt care to know reality.

Because thats not a logic and evidence based discussion
Thats pissing into the wind
Pretty much like explaining to people they dont need to wear a mask by themselves in the car

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Not really

Thats not an opinion

It's all good brother!

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm telling you! Insurance will not authorize an MRI unless conservative care has been done. PT, Chiro ect.... you'd have to be losing control of your bladder/bowels....

I know this and you are ignorant.
I have never found this to be true for either myself or Mrs. BRICKS for MRIs or CTs. Between the two of us we've had quite a few.

Sorry brother, just saw the rest of the posts. It probably depends on your insurance more so than your area is my guess. That and what kind if plan you have from said insurance company. Fkn health insurance companies. They don't want to pay for my care as a patient and they don't want to pay me for my care as a provider.

Last edited:

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have never found this to be true for either myself or Mrs. BRICKS for MRIs or CTs. Between the two of us we've had quite a few.

Sorry brother, just saw the rest of the posts. It probably depends on your insurance more so than your area is my guess. That and what kind if plan you have from said insurance company. Fkn health insurance companies. They don't want to pay for my care as a patient and they don't want to pay me for my care as a provider.
I’m in the North East. This is a big pro insurance area. You can’t sneeze without authorization.

To get an MRI you get on the phone & talk with someone that’s not even a nurse. They go down a list of questions & score the sheet. It takes 10-15 minutes. At the end they score the sheet. If you don’t hit the magic number….. denied. 🙈

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Also here insurance company have started doing post payment audits….

You’d better have your records in order or they are taking money back. And in order is up to their interpretation.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m in the North East. This is a big pro insurance area. You can’t sneeze without authorization.

To get an MRI you get on the phone & talk with someone that’s not even a nurse. They go down a list of questions & score the sheet. It takes 10-15 minutes. At the end they score the sheet. If you don’t hit the magic number….. denied. 🙈
That blows brother.