Dentist messed up crown, now need root canal. Opinions, thoughts needed

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Something similar happened to my wife. Hard to pin responsibility down and get them to pay for their mess up.
I agree with @TODAY in that u want to treat that as soon as possible.
Sounds like the nerve is simply very close to the surface.
I’ve definitely experienced sensitivity for that reason.
Root canals are catch 22s because they essentially kill the tooth. However, I’ve had a couple and I love them because I can’t feel hot and cold.
I've never had a cavity. A few years back I got an infection and had a root canal though. It was smooth and I've never had any pain or problem since. Sounds like having a crown sucks though. Ouch.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The two female dentists I have been to I would definitely see again. It's not like you get much of a choice when you go to the dentist. You get whichever dentist is working that day. What don't you like about female dentists?

Slic.
bunch of cunts from my experience ..

Reaction score
bunch of cunts from my experience ..

I never knew of any of the dentists on a personal level. Really never wanted to mainly because they all act like a bunch of squares. The current one stopped telling me I need to quit smoking cigars a few years ago but for the first two years I heard about how bad cigars were every single visit. They got through to me on the cigarettes and alcohol. Doctors is another profession I never got to know personally.

Slic.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Getting into a dentist sucks though. I live in an affluent area and there are at least 10 dentists within a few miles. Everyone has money for their teeth. Therefore, they are all booked and hard to get in to see. I have a female. She seems good. She is on a cover of a magazine for top dentists in my area. And her appointments are booked 6 months out. It doesn't help that she only has office hours M-Th with multiple 1 week vacations during the year. Tough life for sure. lol

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
One bitch tried telling me that I had 2 cavities. This was 18 years ago and no other dentist has seen these said cavities!

TiredandHot

Reaction score
Update, still the same. Got lingering pain after chewing on that side that goes away after a minute.

Dentist referred me to endodontist yesterday. Wasn't much help, claims the tooth just experienced trauma and that's why the nerve is inflamed. QUOTED me $1,400 for a root canal.

However they took x-rays that shows something new. There's a edge on the crown not seen before, but it looks like the crown is actually into one side of the root canal itself. I'm going to get another dentist look, but isn't that what it looks like? That would explain everything I'm feeling.

8a.jpg9a.jpg7a.jpg

beefnewton

Reaction score
Jesus Christ man. I hate dental work. It never seems to end. You've been through it.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
also tell your shitty dentist u got a open contact

TiredandHot

Reaction score
also tell your shitty dentist u got a open contact
Thats what I originally thought. But my understanding, you would clearly see an opening between tooth and crown that would show as a different color. I could be wrong, but with that weird edge there it's possible that's where the sensation and pain is coming from. Plus the fact the symptoms have been the same between temporary and permanent lead me it could be from the crown Hitting a nerve.

I'm going to find a dentist read these before I reapproach the dentist. I'm already out 525 plus 1,400 if they don't agree to cover the root canal. It really looks like they went too far down but I need confirmation first. Already been in touch with the dental board, who will investigate if I report it.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
back when we did metal with porcelain crown we didnt have any of that bullshit ...These computer crowns are crap
Bouncer/Dentist ? ,, this is a tale that needs telling !!
Ummm.jpg

New Threads