DManuk's Journal

Reaction score
I have a 25 page journal on a videogame quitting website that I’ve worked on for 6 years, but it’s time for something new. Mainly because I haven’t been interested in quitting video games for quite a few years now, and also because I want to be in a more fitness-oriented online community.

My 10 year fitness journey has been frustrating until earlier this year, and it’s been mainly due to my genetics it seems. I have a large number of food sensitivities and am unable to eat most foods, but also was unable to gain muscle in any meaningful way despite training for a few years. It was only until I started TRT 8 months ago that I started making progress like a normal male should. I’m on 200mg/week and cruise at 1200 Total T. I feel that at 32 I’m only starting to get the progress I should’ve been making in my late teens and 20’s. Thanks to COVID I was able to really tackle my food sensitives by starting an elimination diet and testing each and every food I eat and how it affects me. I am still on it and will probably need to be on it for another 5 years if I want to have a full understanding. Regardless, I will not be able to eat like a normal person without worry, though I'm going to see a gastroenterologist in November to discuss my strange (yet mild) food problems.

2 years ago I made a commitment to become as attractive as I possibly can by May 2023, which is when I’ll be moving to Dallas. I started going to group personal training sessions at a powerlifting gym and it was really helpful in fixing my form, but I made almost no muscle gain progress in a year which is when I knew something was strange and went on TRT. For the past 8 months I’ve been making regular progress like a novice should.

I’ve gained 25 lbs since the start of the year while staying the same bf%. Current physique:

Screenshot_20221011-090221_Chrome.jpg

My current PRs in lbs are:
Bench Press: 185
Squat: 290
OHP: 140
Deadlift: 375

I don’t consider myself a man that can be taken seriously until I can bench 225. I think the rest of my lifts are fine but still more like a beginner, except for my deadlift. I’m a teenager in a 32 year old body. I don’t have many nice things to say about myself in terms of fitness and I think it’s justified since I have high standards for others as well.

Next week I have a first appointment with a physiotherapist. My funny bone has been hurting a bit when doing pullups and tricep exercises, and it’s been getting worse as I’ve been trying to add weights to pullups. It’s an issue I’ve always had but seems to be getting worse. A secondary issue I’ve started experiencing is knee discomfort after squatting and deadlift. My coach thinks that it’s related to having tight quads and wants me to do couch stretches. It’s better when I use knee sleeves. I want to get a head start on these issues before they progress further and start hampering my training.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
You can’t be taken seriously until you can bench 3 plates.

There’s nothing more dining of a man and his character than gym performance and more specifically his bench number.

Lol.

Welcome to the UGBB. What’s your training program look like. Just because you have a coach doesn’t mean he’s got it setup correctly and you should follow it blindly. Bounce it off of us here.

Reaction score

There’s nothing more dining of a man and his character than gym performance and more specifically his bench number.

Lol.

Welcome to the UGBB. What’s your training program look like. Just because you have a coach doesn’t mean he’s got it setup correctly and you should follow it blindly. Bounce it off of us here.
I’m just a baby.

The program has different exercises every 2 weeks, but attached is a decent example for 1 week. Though it was the first time we used a trap bar in 2 years, normally we do other types of deadlift.

The program is split into squat/OHP/deadlift days and I do an additional upper body workout on my own that he provides. I don’t do the additional leg or conditioning, my thighs are already quite big compared to top half. The program is pretty back heavy for the sake of functional strength and preventing injury. The one quirk is that we don’t do barbell bench in class for chest, we use dumbbells for the most part and other exercises.

If I had to summarize the common support lifts it would be koklyaev deadlift, single arm db bench, Turkish getup, snatch grip RDL, good mornings, Yates row, db floor press, bb row, front squat

Attachments

• 794156FB-D99D-45F7-9778-29E13A64A518.jpeg
    794156FB-D99D-45F7-9778-29E13A64A518.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
I’m just a baby.

The program has different exercises every 2 weeks, but attached is a decent example for 1 week. Though it was the first time we used a trap bar in 2 years, normally we do other types of deadlift.

The program is split into squat/OHP/deadlift days and I do an additional upper body workout on my own that he provides. I don’t do the additional leg or conditioning, my thighs are already quite big compared to top half. The program is pretty back heavy for the sake of functional strength and preventing injury. The one quirk is that we don’t do barbell bench in class for chest, we use dumbbells for the most part and other exercises.

If I had to summarize the common support lifts it would be koklyaev deadlift, single arm db bench, Turkish getup, snatch grip RDL, good mornings, Yates row, db floor press, bb row, front squat
Changing movements every 2 weeks seems kinda against the grain, unless you get bored easily—and in that case, suck it up. It takes longer than 2 weeks to become proficient at a movement. Movements should only be changed if progress stops or they’re causing pain / discomfort.

That said, DB’s offer a better range of motion for chest. I use them exclusively right now, along with machines. Your other accessories seem good, except the Turkish get up, I find that to be kinda trash. But to each his own. And the Yates row seems kinda out of place—that’s typically used to build explosiveness. If you’re looking for strength / hypertrophy, a chest supported row—like a seal row or chest supported Tbar row—would be much better

The split seems decent, as long as the volume and intensity are good for the accessories as well.

Good luck my man.

Reaction score
I’m just a baby.

I can’t read your handwriting and you can’t be bothered to type it out so I can’t give you any advice man. 🤷‍♂️

Badleroybrown

Reaction score
Do Not lie Mutherfucker..
I am waiting for the same thing so I can tell him he better go back to the drawing board..

His pic says it all…
Besides the first 3/4 of his post sounds like bullshit..

Well it may be true but I think it’s bullshit..

Video game addiction…
I should start a
vGA program. Like AA. I probably can make bank with all these tards..

My name is Mike and I am hooked on WWE superstars and I need help..
I sold my moms TV so I can by the latest addition..
WTF.

Reaction score
Since people were curious I've attached 4 random weeks of the program from this year, I'm interested in hearing what people think @BigBaldBeardGuy

Attachments

• 1st.jpg
    1st.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2nd.jpg
    2nd.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 21
  • 3rd.jpg
    3rd.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 4th.jpg
    4th.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reaction score
Before yesterday, I hadn't considered stopping my group personal training classes and doing my own routine. However, I've been thinking about it more and there are several downsides to the program I'd been noticing:

1. I like to work out longer than an hour and have started feeling rushed in the classes. My favorite workouts are the 1x a week upper body workout I do alone on the weekend. I usually take 2 hours to do it and go heavier and take longer breaks than I would if it were in a 1 hr class. This could also be a downside though, since a more fast-paced workout provides other benefits.

2. I think the issue with my elbows is the high amount of pullups in the program. We do them in between every set of 2ndary exercises. No one else has this issue though.

3. I am getting a lot less cues from the coach since my form is quite good on most of the exercises I know, so I am not getting as much benefit from the classes as I used to.

4. The classes are expensive and I'd save $200 a month switching to a normal membership. I want to save more money for my Dallas move I also want to start going to yoga classes 1x a week.

5. Classes are starting to feel repetitive despite the variety in exercises.

6. Even though there's only 6 people or less per class I would rather be around less people. I am able to work out in the middle of the day when there'd be no one in the gym rather than going to a more crowded class that has set times around people's workdays.

Here are the positives of the classes:
1. Peer pressure to do a decent job because I really like my coach. He is so hot.
2. Make me do some cardio/conditioning which I'd never do on my own.
3. Stronger incentive to attend because the $takes are higher, and it's a stable routine.

The media cabinet I'd been waiting for has finally come. I'm very happy, I think it looks great. I now have all my furniture that I'd been waiting for.

Attachments

• IMG-1295.JPG
    IMG-1295.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Yesterday was a hard leg day workout, the worst of it was when I did 205lb squat AMRAP for 13 reps. I'm not sure if my right leg is sore or if I pulled something during the set since it started feeling funny right after and I'm barely ever sore on TRT the next day. Still, I didn't get the knee pain that was bothering me a few weeks ago I think because I was wearing knee sleeves.

No negative comments about my workout program, which is good but also probably means no one took a real look at it. I don't blame them, but I am also annoyed that people asked to see it in the first place. I don't think analyzing a workout routine is a low effort task and should not be offered up so casually. Maybe if it were easy to communicate like "Oh I'm doing 5/3/1"... Still, it sparked an idea of me potentially changing up my routine because I want to save money. I'm 50/50 on whether or not I'll go through with it but I probably will since I keep thinking about it. I'd need to find a new routine and I'm not sure what to do. I've done GZCLP and 5x5 (recommended by Reddit) in the past and didn't really make progress, but that was before TRT...

I came across an old progress post that had my one rep maxes listed:

Nov 2021Oct 2022
Squat230290
OHP110140
Deadlift295375
Bench Press155185

I like the forum functionality on this website, that's a nice table.

Is this good progress? It's hard to tell. In a beginner forum they would say yes. In a steroid forum they would say no. I'm probably somewhere in between. I do wish the bench press had gone up more. My biggest annoyance with the current fitness program is that I don't think it emphasizes chest or rows enough. I am genetically blessed to have big thighs and legs, but my upper body does not grow easily. I need a routine that emphasizes upper body, which a lot of routines try not to do to because most people have chicken legs but I really don't have that issue so following one of those routines where they think they know better than you doesn't make as much sense. I want to try to look more proportional than where I am now. I want the Dorito torso.

Mentally I'm not in a good state and expect to feel much worse, soon. I live in a place I know I will move out of in 8 months, and I hate winter and it's getting dark and gloomy all the time. I don't like cold weather. I don't have any friends here really since I moved here during COVID and my neighborhood is full of trannies, people that look like melted marshmallows, or Brazilians that don't speak English. I don't like New England. I can have sex within 5 minutes usually, but I only find maybe 7 people attractive in all of Boston. The personal training classes are basically my only social interaction, but even then I don't really talk to anyone much except with my coach. I realized during a shroom trip this summer that he's the person I interact with most on a daily basis now that I live here.

Anyway the theme of this winter is "prepare" -- my body and my finances for the move.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    132.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: PZT
Reaction score
Yes, this is meant to be a personal journal -- I really don't expect people to be reading the stuff I post in this thread 3 months from now unless they like me as a person.

Reaction score
You don't need PEDs at this stage, that's one thing I can advise you. Work on tracking your diet and getting your training set up properly. You don't need PEDs for those workout classes that you are taking and based on the progress that you've been able to make to date.

Reaction score
Sure I definitely agree with that -- I have no interest in upping my test over 200mg or doing a cycle. Even if I did, I don't think I would tolerate it well since I have a more sensitive body than the average person and niche health issues.

Do I need TRT to make normal gym progress comparable to an average natty? I would say yes based on my experience over the past few years when not much was happening until April of this year. I had lower T levels than the 60 year old owner of my gym despite having the cleanest diet humanly possible for the past 10 years.

Reaction score
Sure I definitely agree with that -- I have no interest in upping my test over 200mg or doing a cycle. Even if I did, I don't think I would tolerate it well since I have a more sensitive body than the average person and niche health issues.

Do I need TRT to make normal gym progress comparable to an average natty? I would say yes based on my experience over the past few years when not much was happening until April of this year. I had lower T levels than the 60 year old owner of my gym despite having the cleanest diet humanly possible for the past 10 years.

Post up that bloodwork. There might be something we can add to it.

Achillesking

I ❤️ The Golden Girls
Reaction score

Lol.

So you must think I'm Jesus Christ

New Threads