DNP low dose

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Anybody ever run a short low dose DNP run? 200mgs for a week? I don’t see it being super beneficial Unless you are very lean. I don’t have much experience with DNP or know much about it. I’ve been told about 1.5mg-2mg per pound is a good dosage for a mid duration cycle. I have heard of people running a 200mg a day cycle with success but for longer periods than just a week.
curious to see what y’all think or yalls experiences with lower dose cycle

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Even if you are super lean it takes several days for the DNP to deplete all of the glycogen in your cells. It seems like a one-week cycle would be pretty pointless, IMO.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into this here recently and it seems as though somewhere around 14 days seems to be pretty standard for a cycle.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
I've been looking into this here recently and it seems as though somewhere around 14 days seems to be pretty standard for a cycle.

The "standard length" for a cycle should really be until you have lost all the weight you want to loose. We know that there have been experiments that lasted upwards of a year with absolutely no I'll effect that could be found (outside of just feeling miserable) so those should really be the only 2 things that determine cycle length. Have I lost all the weight I want to loose and am I too miserable to keep taking this.

Beti ona

Reaction score
Even if you are super lean it takes several days for the DNP to deplete all of the glycogen in your cells. It seems like a one-week cycle would be pretty pointless, IMO.

This doesn't make a lot of sense, you can deplete your glycogen before using DNP with a keto diet and exercise. And you can lose fat in a week if use a proper program and dosages. The question is, is it the ideal? Probably not, I think it is better to run lower doses for longer.

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/33242-My-favorite-definitive-protocol

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
This doesn't make a lot of sense, you can deplete your glycogen before using DNP with a keto diet and exercise. And you can lose fat in a week if use a proper program and dosages. The question is, is it the ideal? Probably not, I think it is better to run lower doses for longer.

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/33242-My-favorite-definitive-protocol

What self respecting bodybuilder is going into keto on their own volition?

Edit

Ok enough being a smart ass. It does make sense because even if you are in keto you can still hold a shit ton of glycogen in your muscles. As a matter of fact, the more day adapted you are the more glycogen you can hold and still be in keto. That is why there are some allbleto "athletes" that don't look all depleted when in keto. Keto doesn't automatically mean you have depleted all your glycogen. This switch can happen over a huge spectrum depending on a lot of variables.

Using DNP on the other hand, absolutely depletes all your glycogen.

So as I stated the first time, no matter what, it's going to take a few days to deplete yourself.
Yes, we could argue that if you were in deep ketoses AND you took a shit ton of snow on your first day AND you worked out for 10 hours MAYBE by day two you could be good but let's be realistic for 99.99% of the use cases.

Last edited:

Beti ona

Reaction score
If you are on a cutting program with diet and cardio, keto or not, you will hardly have glycogen. And I don't know of anyone who uses DNP and does some stupid strategy to deplete glycogen before to start. DNP will burn fat, but if you do a refeed or a cheat day, it's obviously going to take a while before you start losing fat, but why would anyone be so stupid to do that before using DNP?

The fact is that any DNP cycle will work: 1 gram a day for 1 week, 400 mg for 15 days or take 100 mg for 100 days, choose the method that best suits your preferences, tolerance and goals.

But you said a week won't work, when there's tons of anecdotal evidence from people who used DNP in cycle hell (not recommended) and lost pounds of fat.

Last edited:

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
But you said a week won't work, when there's tons of anecdotal evidence from people who used DNP in cycle hell (not recommended) and lost pounds of fat.

Can you please quote where I said this?

Also will you post your DNP cycle history with dosages?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I prefer 100 - 200mg a day for 30 days, you barely notice the heat unless your carb intake is high.

I've had good luck on cuts using this same approach. Minimal to no sides, good results (think 10+ lbs of fat lost).

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I prefer 100 - 200mg a day for 30 days, you barely notice the heat unless your carb intake is high.

damn 30 days in a row? No bad side effects?
I’d want to take a week after two weeks and then do another two weeks but then again I don’t really have much experience with DNP so I’m still a bit fearful

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
What’s the recommendation for time off between runs of DNP?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Is this for you or your Mrs?

were both looking at running a cycle here soon. Haven’t done many, I’ve done one real run. First time using it I just tried it for 4 days to see how I felt and the I did a 10 day run. She did two runs last year
looking at doing something a little longer
just trying to get more info before so see what we want to do

not sure if we want to do a longer mid dose cycle or a shorter higher dose cycle.

I also read on another forum about a guy who did two weeks on a week off and then two weeks on, haven’t really heard of that before not sure the reason on the Benefits or risks of that

Last edited:

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Personally I would Run 200mg for 14 days as you have both tried it before.
Then I would give it 7-10 days for the water to come off before I went again to see where you both are.
It’s all goal dependent on if you even need to bother with a 2nd run.
No reason you can’t both lose 10lb in 2 weeks but it will depend on how much you got to lose. People with more fat to burn will lose more fat on dnp in my opinion.
were both looking at running a cycle here soon. Haven’t done many, I’ve done one real run. First time using it I just tried it for 4 days to see how I felt and the I did a 10 day run. She did two runs last year
looking at doing something a little longer
just trying to get more info before so see what we want to do

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Also if you don’t have a lifestyle change any weight lost will come back hard and fast

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Personally I would Run 200mg for 14 days as you have both tried it before.
Then I would give it 7-10 days for the water to come off before I went again to see where you both are.
It’s all goal dependent on if you even need to bother with a 2nd run.
No reason you can’t both lose 10lb in 2 weeks but it will depend on how much you got to lose. People with more fat to burn will lose more fat on dnp in my opinion.

so it’s pretty safe to run two cycle back to back if done correctly? Just let the water from the first cycle come off before doing so to actually allow yourself to see the weight lost was? I probably don’t intend to run two concurrent cycle I just like to learn lol.

New Threads