Do you have Forum issues?

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
To my knowledge, only the turd and wtf emoji's give out negative points.

@mugzy is this correct? I don't want to accidentally give someone a negative rep point. That was my main concern was to know which of those emojis will give negative points.

DesertRose

Lady Member
Reaction score
A little thing I'm noticing, although I certainly could be misremembering...

Since I was promoted to Senior Member a little while back, I haven't been able to edit my forum posts (for misspellings or similar) - whereas I'm pretty sure I was able to do so as a Newbie.

Just curious if I'm completely misremembering, or if perhaps there's a forum quirk that mistakenly removed that ability from members of higher ranks?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
@mugzy is this correct? I don't want to accidentally give someone a negative rep point. That was my main concern was to know which of those emojis will give negative points.
I just used you as a guinea pig....

Shit Post: -1 point
WTF post: -2 points

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Since I was promoted to Senior Member a little while back, I haven't been able to edit my forum posts (for misspellings or similar) - whereas I'm pretty sure I was able to do so as a Newbie.

Just curious if I'm completely misremembering, or if perhaps there's a forum quirk that mistakenly removed that ability from members of higher ranks?
Misremembering... I believe posts have a limited time of 10 minutes where you can edit them.

FearThaGear

Reaction score

This may be the funniest thing about this forum.
The ability to emoji someone's street credibility.

I could be at zero points and I'd still sleep like a baby.

Emojis for me is all about throwing out an "emo"tion about a post instead of having to write out a reply. It's like a text vs having to call someone.

DesertRose

Lady Member
Reaction score
Misremembering... I believe posts have a limited time of 10 minutes where you can edit them.

I completely understand that; I tried editing within seconds of posting (and went back multiple times within the first ten minutes) but never found the "edit" option. I'll take a screenshot of what it looks like immediately after I post this... perhaps I'm just missing it?

Edit: That's so odd; the option is there now, right next to the Report link:

chrome_cDVglDM2OV.png

However, it was completely missing from the post I was trying to edit earlier, within moments of writing it. I'm wondering if maybe certain forums have post-editing disabled?

Not a big deal or issue, but it was noticeable earlier so I thought I'd ask.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I completely understand that; I tried editing within seconds of posting (and went back multiple times within the first ten minutes) but never found the "edit" option. I'll take a screenshot of what it looks like immediately after I post this... perhaps I'm just missing it?
Heres where it's at on my phone.

If you changed the theme from default, then it's possible maybe this is why you don't see it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-120706.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-120706.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 8

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score

I had the same issue. PM Mugzy, our solo tech guru, and he'll deal with it for you :)

DesertRose

Lady Member
Reaction score
Heres where it's at on my phone.

If you changed the theme from default, then it's possible maybe this is why you don't see it?

I'm on the default theme. No worries, I think it was possibly more to do with the sub-forum that the post in question was in.

I had the same issue. PM Mugzy, our solo tech guru, and he'll deal with it for you :)

Cheers, Zilla! I'll wait and see if the issue comes up again elsewhere on the forum, because the "Edit" link shows up just fine on my posts in this thread. Then if needed, I'll reach out to the Almighty Mugzy. 😊

dirtys1x

Reaction score

Welp either you or @Send0 the day I gave you a WTF. Didn’t know that was a neg lmfao. Forgot which post but sorry 😂

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Welp either you or @Send0 the day I gave you a WTF. Didn’t know that was a neg lmfao. Forgot which post but sorry 😂
Think it was me... I knew you didn't know. I also don't care about points, so I didn't think anything about it 😂

New Threads