Dted Dthread

TeddyBear

Former Skinny Kid / Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Hey All,

The goals of this thread is to:
  • Track progress in strength as I have done 1 powerlifting meet and have a second one at the end of July.
  • Track physique; I am a reformed skinny-guy who wants to get jacked
  • Provide motivation or a space for input. I have very few friends into lifting to help me out or care.
  • Share about my gear use experience. I verbally process a lot. But don’t have anyone in can discuss this with.

My Goals this year:
  • Reach a body weight of 225lbs
  • Hit B: 300, S: 450, D: 525
  • Look juicy in general, especially by end of Sept for my 30th

My stats:

• 29, 5’10, 205lbs
  • B: 250, S: 425, D: 475
  • Looking not juicy

I am now off of cycle, Day 2, PCT will begin in about 9 days, I’ll start it then because I’m coming off of a short Test ester.

If I am up to it, after rest yesterday, I’m going to try a 500 deadlift PR today. I almost had it three days ago and decided to rest.

Im planning on doing my next cycle in August.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
is that you in your avi?

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
You have an injury holding your bench back? By your pic I would assume you could bench waaaay more.

In btw, along for the ride homie

TeddyBear

Reaction score
You have an injury holding your bench back? By your pic I would assume you could bench waaaay more.

In btw, along for the ride homie

Nope. No injury. Bench sucks. I’m trying to figure out why. My chest hasn’t grown a whole ton, that’s a side-chest because my arms and shoulders are better, my pecs have decent inserts in the middle to make the side chest pop. From the front I look flat.

UGH. My bench sucks and it’s holding my numbers back. I’ve tried form checks here and asking guys at the gym. I’m continuing to ask the powerlifters there to observe and critique.

TeddyBear

Reaction score
Not looking to add much in terms of your squat. Why is that?

This is all doable and 20 lbs of qualty body weight is going to go a long way to achieving your goals.

Okay, I figured out how to quote multiples. This will save on posts.

Yeah, exactly. I want to get bigger and 20lbs will go a long ways. I think 225 is as far as I can weigh and remain somewhat healthy. My body wants to be closer to 180 naturally. I got up to near 200 natty on a bulk, but it was mostly water with fat.

Those goals are for the YEAR 2021.
We’re almost halfway there.

I just tested my new squat and jumped from 385 to 405 to 425 on cycle. I’m off cycle for the next two months. So I don’t want to aim unrealistically.

My bench hasn’t improved in a year, so I believe once my form is nailed it can jump. I hope.

My deadlift PR is 475, but I very nearly got 500 without rest. So I expect to jump 25 lbs. that’s why it doesn’t go too much higher, I haven’t got 500 yet.

Improving in all three simultaneously is hard.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Nope. No injury. Bench sucks. I’m trying to figure out why. My chest hasn’t grown a whole ton, that’s a side-chest because my arms and shoulders are better, my pecs have decent inserts in the middle to make the side chest pop. From the front I look flat.

UGH. My bench sucks and it’s holding my numbers back. I’ve tried form checks here and asking guys at the gym. I’m continuing to ask the powerlifters there to observe and critique.

I am not the smartest guy or know alot but post a bench vid here and Ill see if I can see a glaring problem

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Love the thread title. You know I’m a fan and will be watching you progress.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I am not the smartest guy or know alot but post a bench vid here and Ill see if I can see a glaring problem

I’m not the smartest guy here either, but I can lift & move a lot of heavy weight around.

Reactions: PZT

TeddyBear

Reaction score

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Last edited:

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Your elbows seem to be pointing out farther away from your body than mine do.

Your wrists look bent, not only left to right, but backward as well.

https://i.postimg.cc/k4QJySSc/766-Bench-Form-Check-You-Tube.png

Good catch!!

I suck at benching because of my shoulder, but I'm familiar with the flared elbows and wrists. What helps me get into proper form is a suicide grip, and also try to bend the bar... not that I can bend the bar, but the attempt to bend the bar automatically locks my elbows and shoulders into the correct position and keeps them there.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Good catch!!

I suck at benching because of my shoulder, but I'm familiar with the flared elbows and wrists. What helps me get into proper form is a suicide grip, and also try to bend the bar... not that I can bend the bar, but the attempt to bend the bar automatically locks my elbows and shoulders into the correct position and keeps them there.

Have you tried wrist wraps and benching with a slingshot

New Threads