First Cycle Opinions

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bf: 10% estimated
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 69kgs (152lbs)

I have been working towards my cutting goal of getting abs, of which i am very close. I have the abs now, but want them to come out more, so im expecting around another 5-6 weeks of cutting.

I have been lifting for 2 years, seriously into diet the past 10 months or so. With first 3-4 a huge learning curve. Now i have been cutting since September with 3j, and had great results. 3j will also be helping me through my bulk. I have dropped from 88kgs (194lbs) to 69kgs (152lbs) and not lost any strength in my lifts. I never thought i was such a high bf%.

I will outline current lifts at 4 reps
Deadlift - 160kg (352lbs)
Squat - 160kg (352lbs)
Overhead Press - 80kgs (176lbs)
Bench press - 80kgs (176lbs)

I train 5 days a week in a 5 day split, currently doing 40 min of cardio also. Gym routine takes between 45-70 mins depending on day.
Monday Back
Tuesday Chest
Wednesday Shoulders and traps
Thursday Legs
Friday Arms and abs

I have planned to use Test e 400mgs/week for 10 weeks and Anavar at 40mgs per day for last 8 weeks. My goal is to get my deadlift and squat to 200kgs (440lbs). I find my best is below par and would love to get that up to at least 100kgs (220lbs) also. Is this achievable?
I am currently on TRT, so no ill effects from cessation of cycle.

If i could have opinions that would be great

Apologies for the long post!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would run the test for 12 -14 weeks.Get a AI like aromasin or arimidex for esto control and drop 3j at the curb.If you want a good diet plan check out our guy his names spongy way better choice then 3j

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This........ and bump your test to 500+/wk and var to 50/ed IMO

Spongy is the best there is brother..... PM him and get started on the lean bulk.

Respect,
Vette

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I concure to the above responses... Have fun brother

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Too young, too small for cycling IMO.

And you shouldn't be bodybuilding. You're strong for your size. Come join us powerlifters. We have donuts

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Spongy is king ( and I used 3j too, so I can speak with reference)...Also extend test 500 mg for 12-14 weeks..Ai on hand..and not sure you need var at this time...

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have worked with both spongy and 3j. The difference is night and day. Listen to the brothers above. They know what they are talking about.

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I am trying to limit size as i want to be an oly lifter in the lower class. I would love to powerlift, but i dont want to get too big. this may change with time as i love pushing the boundaries of my strength. At the moment my primary aim is to gain strength and sit around 75kg lean. (Another 15-20lbs).

As for test i will bump up to 500mg a week, and var to 50mg per day. I did keep it slghtly lower as i am a lot lighter than most lifters. I do have arimidex at the moment. Unfortunately being jn australia its difficult to come across quality products. For my HRT my dr only seems to prescribe arimidex even with persuasion to try other forms.

I have heard good things about spongy. At this point i have paid for 12 months with 3j, and is treating me well. My time with him ends after this cycle. I will consider options once i reach that point.

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
After putting in some more thought about the var and test i would like to hear some opinions.

1.Should i run var in weeks 1-8 or weeks say 4-12? Or
2.Maybe evens run it post test cycle with a cut?
3.With the above cycle is it possible to keep or even lose bf?

Im close to switching from a cut to bulk and am getting excited!

Thanks guys.

Emailed spongy to see if we could sort something out too!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If I had to choose when to use the var I'd do near the end of the cycle. I'd also recommend atleast 12 weeks with test E or C. Best of luck brother

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

And you shouldn't be bodybuilding. You're strong for your size. Come join us powerlifters. We have donuts

Stop trying to recruit all the good looking bros..... your donuts are stale ... don't hate the abs bro.... embrace the abs.... well, not mine per say.. but anyway... he's a bodybuilder!

Respect,
Vette

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stop trying to recruit all the good looking bros..... your donuts are stale ... don't hate the abs bro.... embrace the abs.... well, not mine per say.. but anyway... he's a bodybuilder!

Respect,
Vette

Hes already recruited me to powerlifting, lol! Will be making the switch over next few months and looking to compete early next year.
No donuts for me though! :)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is your trt protocol? Sorry if you listed elsewhere.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can make great gains on just your trt protocol. I would maybe suggest that you just boost up your trt dose a tad & see how you respond to that instead of doing a blast.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

to hell with the diet just go up a weight class lol.

New Threads