FNG

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I’m J. Been lurking for awhile and decided to actually make an account. I’m under a year new to the gym. So sorry I don’t have much to contribute yet. But I have lost over 20 pounds in my attempt to unfat myself and get big! Got about 10 more to got to hit 10% BF.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
If you've lost over 20lbs already and are within about just 10 more to reach 10% you may have more to contribute than you think. People on boards who have more posts or have been here longer do not necessarily know any more than you do.

There are people here from whom you can probably learn, and there are others who can probably learn from you.

Welcome to your post-lurking phase on UG.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground, glad to have you, and your contributions to the community.

We're a good group here, you'll fit right in.

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on your weight loss! What are your current stats and goals?

Reaction score
My 1 rep max (I lift alone so I might be able to go heavier but this is as heavy as I’ve been willing to go so far alone) is bench - 185 squat- 185 deadlift- 275. My goals once I get rid of the fat I need to get rid of is to bulk enough were I can compete in the NPC ideally open but more realistically classic physique. I know I have a long ways to go but I’ve been kicking my ass one day at a time so that I can eventually meet that goal.

Reaction score
Oh I meant like age, height, and weight. Don't worry so much about the weight you're lifting if you're going for physique. It's more about diet and your lifting program.

Reaction score
Oh I’m 24 6’1 and just hit 200 LBS today for the first time since middle school. I was told when I did a BF% test about this time last year that when I hit 185/190 I’d be at 10%. Ideally I’d love to do Men’s open and be a mass monster. But I’m not sure I’d be able to put on that much muscle.

MrBafner

Reaction score
Sounds like you're doing a great job, welcome.

Hooba

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG! what's the end goal? You want to Hasselhoff the beach? Be able to lift a car? You know fun stuff like that :)

Reaction score
My end goal is to compete in NPC competitions for preferably men’s open(I’ll happily settle for classic physique if I can’t get that big) . So I guess that entails a mixture of being able to lift heavy and have a certain physique.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
welcome to the UG. congrats on your progress so far.

1bigun11

Elite
Reaction score
You are going to do well here. Unlike you, so many people start an intro thread and then never acknowledge the responses they get. I'm glad you're here.

Reaction score
I figured I’m here to talk with people and learn thanks for having me.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
My end goal is to compete in NPC competitions for preferably men’s open(I’ll happily settle for classic physique if I can’t get that big) . So I guess that entails a mixture of being able to lift heavy and have a certain physique.
Those are worthy goals. Those of us who've come before you have all had goals too. Some have stuck with it and reached or surpassed their goals, and some have adjusted their goals as they learned more about themselves and what is attainable for them.

There's plenty of material here to help you learn how to train, what, how much, and when to eat, and how to avoid over-training. When that doesn't answer some of your questions, fire away ... there's plenty of people here at every stage of self-improvement who want to help because they remember the "getting started" part of their lives. One of the most productive bodybuilding aids you can use is to hang out with like-minded people.

Questions from you may provoke conflicting answers, but they will always be based on real people's real experiences ... nothing on this board is aimed at getting you to buy any specific product. It will be up to you to determine which advice fits you best.

Good luck as you discover how far you can go, J .....

Reaction score
Thank you! I’m excited to see what I’m able to obtain!

New Threads